PDA

View Full Version : Hair wraps or cover that protect hair in sauna enviorments

schallerjasmine
August 16th, 2019, 11:14 AM
I have a new job that requires me to work in heated rooms (like a sauna up to 110 degrees: dry heat), this is really drying out my hair. Are there any specific wraps or covering that can protect it from the heat completley. I only have to be in them for up to an hour, and its a part time job. Thanks!

Begemot
August 16th, 2019, 02:42 PM
I'd guess any type of covering would do. I use my micro fiber hair turban in sauna. A Buff or other kind of scarf could work too.

Spikey
August 16th, 2019, 03:32 PM
Don't have any wrap recomendations, but I would try slathering your hair in conditioner before you go in.

Ylva
August 17th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Don't have any wrap recomendations, but I would try slathering your hair in conditioner before you go in.

Yep! That way you get a deep treatment at the same time.

I love my sauna conditioning sessions. :D

Suortuva
August 17th, 2019, 08:51 AM
My mom usually uses some kind of felt hat or tea cosy in sauna, because otherwise she'll get headache.

Reyn127
August 18th, 2019, 08:49 PM
I’ve never personally used a covering in the sauna, but I do always wet my hair and oil it beforehand.

Kat
August 18th, 2019, 09:48 PM
It might help if you could give us an idea if there's a dress code and of what kind of headcoverings might be allowed for your job (since many might restrict what you could wear, if they allowed you to wear some sort of headcovering at all). That way, nobody's suggesting anything that wouldn't work for you.