PDA

View Full Version : Hooked on the Look

FrayedFire
August 16th, 2019, 01:45 AM
There have been a few episodes (I see them on snapchat), involving long hair. Just watched one with guiness record world's largest afro on a female and it's 4 ft by 4 ft. Amazing!

LittleHealthy
August 16th, 2019, 02:52 AM
Ooh I haven’t seen! Is there a way to search for them there?

Groovy Granny
August 16th, 2019, 11:41 AM
https://www.instagram.com/hookedonthelookshow/?hl=en

No thanks :tmi:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 16th, 2019, 12:30 PM
Er...not for me.

PillowBook
August 16th, 2019, 12:54 PM
WOW.... some very extreme looks @ GroovyGranny's link.

I don't think I'll be watching :rolling:

jane_marie
August 16th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Some of those looks don't seem so bad to me. In fact, I think a couple are pretty cute but I do think it's sort of... exploitative.

Groovy Granny
August 16th, 2019, 01:27 PM
Some of those looks don't seem so bad to me. In fact, I think a couple are pretty cute but I do think it's sort of... exploitative.

Where were you looking? lol

Youtube has all the same listings.... and more under Barcroft TV....but I see no HAIR videos.

Perhaps the OP can list those specifically :popcorn:

jane_marie
August 16th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Where were you looking? lol

Youtube has all the same listings and more under Barcroft TV....but I see no HAIR videos.

Perhaps the OP can list those specifically :popcorn:

I think these looks are pretty cute personally. That's just my opinion though. :)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzGKR-jhPq-/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvKDA6gnTpD/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu34K1bH3ra/

I especially think the third girl has a really cute look. haha

PillowBook
August 16th, 2019, 01:35 PM

I can't handle the tattooed eyeballs.

It's cool to see people expressing themselves and different aesthetics but tattooed eyeballs are a hard NO for me. :lol:
;:

jane_marie
August 16th, 2019, 01:38 PM
I can't handle the tattooed eyeballs.

It's cool to see people expressing themselves and different aesthetics but tattooed eyeballs are a hard NO for me. :lol:
;:

Oh yeah, I'm certainly a bit freaked out about the idea of tattooing eyes. :l

Groovy Granny
August 16th, 2019, 01:44 PM
I think these looks are pretty cute personally. That's just my opinion though. :)

Oh yeah....those are cute...but I didn't see anything like that :lol:

To each their own when it comes to extreme 'whatever'....do you.....no judgements....just lots of questions lol

I can only look so long, and then the extreme peeps just squig me out.... and I want to sleep tonight :o

jane_marie
August 16th, 2019, 01:51 PM
Oh yeah....those are cute...but I didn't see anything like that :lol:

To each their own when it comes to extreme 'whatever'....do you.....no judgements....just lots of questions lol

I can only look so long, and then the extreme peeps just squig me out.... and I want to sleep tonight :o

That's understandable. What is crazy to me, even with the cute looks is the time expenditure. One of those ladies I linked said it takes her 4-6 hours to get ready for the day. I take maybe 1 to get dressed for a date. :D

blackgothicdoll
August 16th, 2019, 04:27 PM

These are cute!

I don't understand how the 3rd girl takes 4-6 hours, but she did state toward the end her disability. Things might generally take her a long time but then she takes even longer to go above and behind.

AutobotsAttack
August 17th, 2019, 01:15 AM
All of the active and bodybuilder people on that Instagram page somewhat irritate me. Personally they give other athletes like me a bad rap. Hence why so many men and women think that if they pick anything heavier than a flimsy pink dumbbell they’re going to end up looking like those people. No. I’ve been banging iron around for 5 years and look nothing like them. Because the majority of average healthy, athletic adults don’t look like that. Because they ARENT SUPPOSED TO.

Sorry. This type of stuff just...irritates me.

FrayedFire
August 17th, 2019, 01:35 AM
I've only seen a few, on snapchat specifically, like living dolls and real life rapunzels, and the lady with the beautiful afro.

LittleHealthy
August 17th, 2019, 04:58 AM
Oh my... some of this is... eye opening!
I agree, it’s just making a spectacle of people for being/choosing to be different..

August 17th, 2019, 07:30 AM
What I just saw o_____O

Groovy Granny
August 17th, 2019, 09:53 AM
I've only seen a few, on snapchat specifically, like living dolls and real life rapunzels, and the lady with the beautiful afro.

Ah ok :thumbsup:

I think I have come across them on youtube..... probably under Bancroft TV when they popped up....because I was browsing long hair.

bparnell75
August 17th, 2019, 12:45 PM
My first reaction was poor empty souls that need that much attention to the exterior to be happy.

FrayedFire
October 20th, 2019, 10:43 PM
Just saw another one (I watch them on snapchat) and it was a viking girl. SO awesome!

desisparkles
October 21st, 2019, 01:10 AM
My first reaction was poor empty souls that need that much attention to the exterior to be happy.

What you said reminds me of a joke a comic said on a netflix special - he said and I'm not quoting him exactly:

You dads out there, if your boy asks you to take him fishing - TAKE HIM FISHING. I begged my dad to take me and he never did.

It does hurt my heart when I see people who scream for attention from strangers - I couldn't look for more than a few seconds.

Ylva
October 21st, 2019, 06:02 AM
I'm a bit saddened by the reactions I see from people here. I would've expected a little more "okay, cool" rather than "eww... nooo, I don't want to see this" kind of. I'm sure the people in question are used to such reactions and wouldn't care, but for me personally, it feels a bit meh to read such in a place that's all about acceptance and kindness. It's none of our problems why they've chosen to look that way, nor can we decide based on their exterior whether they're damaged in one way or another. Each to their own, and I'm sure even I could post plenty of photos here that would cause some people here to think "wow, she must have some serious problems".

:rolleyes:

lapushka
October 21st, 2019, 08:21 AM
What is "hooked on the look"? !? I don't even know what people here are talking about! LOL!

FrayedFire
October 21st, 2019, 08:36 AM
I'm a bit saddened by the reactions I see from people here. I would've expected a little more "okay, cool" rather than "eww... nooo, I don't want to see this" kind of. I'm sure the people in question are used to such reactions and wouldn't care, but for me personally, it feels a bit meh to read such in a place that's all about acceptance and kindness. It's none of our problems why they've chosen to look that way, nor can we decide based on their exterior whether they're damaged in one way or another. Each to their own, and I'm sure even I could post plenty of photos here that would cause some people here to think "wow, she must have some serious problems".

Yeah, this really wasn't the kind of response I expected when I posted this - some of the looks aren't my thing, but overall I think most of the ones I have seen are pretty cool, and I figured the focus would be on the beautiful hair ones, that was my intention!

desisparkles
October 21st, 2019, 08:51 AM
Extreme is just that...extreme, I don’t find it odd that I feel affected emotionally by looking at dramatic & obvious self mutilation.

When I clicked the link I saw maybe 2 long hairs before I was done.

Groovy Granny
October 21st, 2019, 10:46 AM
wrong forum

Cg
October 21st, 2019, 10:48 AM

Yes. Truly pitiable.

I might add, we all make judgments. I don't conflate recognizing negative choices with excoriating the individuals who make them.

neko_kawaii
October 21st, 2019, 10:54 AM

This was my initial reaction to LHC. And then I read farther and discovered that there were some really interesting skills involved that I was interested in mastering and some fascinating discussions of the science behind hair care.

This!

Mod voice on:
If your only comment is "I don't like it" do you really need to comment?

Arciela
October 21st, 2019, 07:32 PM

Well said! I agree.

If people are having fun and not hurting anyone then more power to them :) I checked the IG and it seems cool..love to see people happy and expressing themselves. :flower: