PDA

View Full Version : Stray's second (actually fifth) year with LHC!

Stray_mind
August 7th, 2019, 03:41 AM
Hey guys. So i have realized it is august already, which means this is my second year anniversary since rejoining this wonderful community. I have been a member since 2013 though, so it's actually around 5 years. Time flies!

So, some progress pics to reminisce and commemorate the occasion:

My hair when i rejoined here after having my last trim in 2017

https://i.imgur.com/z7iaF49.jpg

My hair Today:

https://i.imgur.com/PQHEtBk.jpg

As you can see, i almost got rid of the dye and am rocking my natural color here. I reached a milestone of APL too! :cheer:
I have also found out that my natural texture is wavy and wurly, once given enough moisture.

https://i.imgur.com/49BZTUN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kETLJ59.jpg

I have been wearing my hair mostly in flexi buns

https://i.imgur.com/29QHcbn.jpg

Stick buns

https://i.imgur.com/q9K3et1.jpg

And most recently - fork buns
https://i.imgur.com/VF9Fjnh.jpg

Stray_mind
August 7th, 2019, 03:42 AM
Of course i have done other styles like half ups and braids still..
https://i.imgur.com/EGb1Isb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/BiBZGIh.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jarUbs1.jpg

I have learned a great deal about my actual hair texture and how to take care of it properly.

I have also acquired Quite the hair toy collection:

https://i.imgur.com/ZyhlzHU.jpg

I am happy being here and so is my hair

https://i.imgur.com/kOD6EGJ.jpg

Now on to the next milestone!

Tinyponies
August 7th, 2019, 04:13 AM
Stray, congratulations on your anniversary of returning :cheer:

What a lovely and happy post. Your hair is making beautiful steady progress. Fabulous! :love:

Begemot
August 7th, 2019, 04:25 AM
Congratulations! :beerchug: :blossom: Your toy collection is very impressive :D

enting
August 7th, 2019, 04:29 AM
Your posts read like a storybook, I enjoyed reading and looking at your pictures.

embee
August 7th, 2019, 04:49 AM
That's quite a success story! And a big collection. Happy Anniversary. :)

Lady Stardust
August 7th, 2019, 05:31 AM
Congratulations :) Your hair is flourishing!

Vacurlylady
August 7th, 2019, 05:49 AM
Wow! I love your hair and all of your toys! What a collection! Happy Anniversary! Awesome pictures. 😃

xoAshley
August 7th, 2019, 06:07 AM
Congrats, Stray!! Your hair looks awesome, it's grown so much!!!

Simpscone
August 7th, 2019, 07:21 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair has grown so much, and the natural colour looks gorgeous!

AmaryllisRed
August 7th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is looking gorgeous!

blackgothicdoll
August 7th, 2019, 08:22 AM
You've made such inspiring progress! I love seeing your texture reveal itself as your hair grows out, it's actually very wurly! And of course the color is a huge inspiration for people growing dye out. You really committed!

Thanks for sharing all the lovely pics :o

Ylva
August 7th, 2019, 08:29 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary! Your hair is beautiful and your journey is inspiring. :)

Skål! :beercheer:

elfynity
August 7th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Wow Stray, what an amazing journey - I absolutely love your natural colour and congratulations on finally hitting APL!!

xoAshley
August 7th, 2019, 08:53 AM
You inspire me to try to do buns again... my hair is at the dreaded APL length and I always struggle with getting it to stay neatly in buns at this length! Do you (or anyone ready this!) have any tips?

:)

lapushka
August 7th, 2019, 08:57 AM
My hair Today:

https://i.imgur.com/PQHEtBk.jpg

As you can see, i almost got rid of the dye and am rocking my natural color here. I reached a milestone of APL too! :cheer:
I have also found out that my natural texture is wavy and wurly, once given enough moisture.

I think it looks awesome! Such great progress; and look at your texture. Is that a hairtyping picture, Stray? Because that is more like 2c to me!

Anyway... congratulations! :cheer:

BerrySara
Congratulations Stray! Your natural hair color is super lovely and your hair is beautiful!

LadyCelestina
I love you hair :crush: it looks so soft and dreamy! Congrats on the anniversary!

BerrySara
August 7th, 2019, 08:59 AM
I love you hair :crush: it looks so soft and dreamy! Congrats on the anniversary!

That's the perfect description; soft and dreamy! Totally agree.

TatsuOni
August 7th, 2019, 09:04 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks beautiful! :)

Aerya
August 7th, 2019, 09:23 AM
Congrats, Stray! Your hair looks lovely and your journey is so inspiring! :flower:

You inspire me to try to do buns again... my hair is at the dreaded APL length and I always struggle with getting it to stay neatly in buns at this length! Do you (or anyone ready this!) have any tips?

Try a disc bun if you haven't already! It was the first bun I could do neatly. :)

Groovy Granny
August 7th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Wow, what a great journey;I had forgotten how dark and short your hair was to start...and now has gotten so long!
It looks amazing....and I love your hair toy collection :heart:
Congrats on APL and no dye...happy growing :cheer:

Stray_mind
August 7th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Stray, congratulations on your anniversary of returning :cheer:

What a lovely and happy post. Your hair is making beautiful steady progress. Fabulous! :love:
Thank you!

Congratulations! :beerchug: :blossom: Your toy collection is very impressive :D
Thank you so much!

Your posts read like a storybook, I enjoyed reading and looking at your pictures.
Thanks, i am glad you enjoyed it.

That's quite a success story! And a big collection. Happy Anniversary. :)
Thank you!

Congratulations :) Your hair is flourishing!
Thanks!

Wow! I love your hair and all of your toys! What a collection! Happy Anniversary! Awesome pictures. 😃
Thank you!

Congrats, Stray!! Your hair looks awesome, it's grown so much!!!
Thank you!

Happy anniversary! Your hair has grown so much, and the natural colour looks gorgeous!
Thank you!

Stray_mind
August 7th, 2019, 10:02 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair is looking gorgeous!
Thank you so much!

You've made such inspiring progress! I love seeing your texture reveal itself as your hair grows out, it's actually very wurly! And of course the color is a huge inspiration for people growing dye out. You really committed!

Thanks for sharing all the lovely pics :o
Thanks, i am so glad i can inspire someone.

Congratulations on your anniversary! Your hair is beautiful and your journey is inspiring. :)

Skål! :beercheer:
Skål! Thanks. :)

Wow Stray, what an amazing journey - I absolutely love your natural colour and congratulations on finally hitting APL!!
Thank you so much.

I can't really give any advice just find some good tutorials on YT. Also your hair might still be too thick for bunning at that length. My hair doesn't usually stay neatly as well, some parts always slip out and stick out, hahaha. I either use additional small u pins or just leave the strands sticking out for more messy look.

I think it looks awesome! Such great progress; and look at your texture. Is that a hairtyping picture, Stray? Because that is more like 2c to me!

Anyway... congratulations! :cheer:
Thank you. It isn't a hair typing pic though, as i have used some product and scrunched a bit.

Congratulations Stray! Your natural hair color is super lovely and your hair is beautiful!
Thank you!

Congrats! Your hair looks beautiful! :)

Thank you!

Stray_mind
August 7th, 2019, 10:04 AM
Wow, what a great journey;I had forgotten how dark and short your hair was to start...and now has gotten so long!
It looks amazing....and I love your hair toy collection :heart:
Congrats on APL and no dye...happy growing :cheer:

Thank you. I have almost forgotten it myself how my hair was at the beginning. It's so strange to see myself with that short hair. I loved it though and still miss it sometimes, but now i want long hair the most. :)

Groovy Granny
August 7th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Thank you. I have almost forgotten it myself how my hair was at the beginning. It's so strange to see myself with that short hair. I loved it though and still miss it sometimes, but now i want long hair the most. :)

I started that short as well; it will come....and enjoy your natural color; it is very pretty :heart:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 7th, 2019, 10:14 AM
Your hair is amazing! Thick and lush and lovely curls! Congratulations!

xoAshley
August 7th, 2019, 10:42 AM
Congrats, Stray! Your hair looks lovely and your journey is so inspiring! :flower:

Try a disc bun if you haven't already! It was the first bun I could do neatly. :)

Thank you!! I will definitely give this a go :)

xoAshley
August 7th, 2019, 10:44 AM
I can't really give any advice just find some good tutorials on YT. Also your hair might still be too thick for bunning at that length. My hair doesn't usually stay neatly as well, some parts always slip out and stick out, hahaha. I either use additional small u pins or just leave the strands sticking out for more messy look.

Thank you!! I will definitely give youtube a try :) and you're right, that makes sense... maybe it's too thick for bunning at this stage!! But I will certainly keep giving it a try.

milosmomma
August 7th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Wow congrats and happy anniversary! You have come so far and checked off some of the hard milestones already, you will be smooth sailing from here I think. Very inspiring journey straymind :)

XoAshley, I wanted to add you can try buns in half ups and then wrap the rest of your hair around the outside and secure it. More bun style should be do-able with less thickness to length ratio. Or there is the option for double buns/space buns which I love on everybody!

S&S
August 7th, 2019, 02:52 PM
Wow, I love your natural color! Congrats and super cute hair toys!

Stray_mind
August 8th, 2019, 12:51 AM
Wow congrats and happy anniversary! You have come so far and checked off some of the hard milestones already, you will be smooth sailing from here I think. Very inspiring journey straymind :)

XoAshley, I wanted to add you can try buns in half ups and then wrap the rest of your hair around the outside and secure it. More bun style should be do-able with less thickness to length ratio. Or there is the option for double buns/space buns which I love on everybody!

Thank you all! :flower:

Estrid
August 8th, 2019, 02:55 AM
Congrats! I love how your texture is showing more and more, can't wait to follow you to the longer lengths :o

xoAshley
August 8th, 2019, 10:51 AM

That's a great idea! I'll give it a go! Thank you :)

ReadingRenee
August 8th, 2019, 11:07 AM
Congratulations Stray! You hair is looking amazing! I know how hard it is to grow out dye but the reward is your lovely natural texture. I can't wait to see how your hair growth progresses. Keep up the good work! Also, wow your hair toy collection! I love it! :)

Nox_Inber
August 8th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Wow, you have wonderful wurls :) Congratulations on the hair anniversary, you've made great progress and your hair looks so healthy!

MusicalSpoons
August 8th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Amazing! Beautiful hair, I love seeing how your texture keeps developing - and you have a fittingly fantastic hairtoy collection to go with it :D

Kat-Rinnè Naido
August 9th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Congratulations Stray. May you continue to enjoy your hair growing journey.

Stray_mind
August 9th, 2019, 12:53 PM

Congrats! I love how your texture is showing more and more, can't wait to follow you to the longer lengths :o

Congratulations Stray! You hair is looking amazing! I know how hard it is to grow out dye but the reward is your lovely natural texture. I can't wait to see how your hair growth progresses. Keep up the good work! Also, wow your hair toy collection! I love it! :)

Wow, you have wonderful wurls :) Congratulations on the hair anniversary, you've made great progress and your hair looks so healthy!

Amazing! Beautiful hair, I love seeing how your texture keeps developing - and you have a fittingly fantastic hairtoy collection to go with it :D

Congratulations Stray. May you continue to enjoy your hair growing journey.

Thanks, you guys :o

Waveurly
August 14th, 2019, 03:49 AM
Lovely hair! Your buns always are so elegant and you've come a long way! Happy growing!

paulownia
August 14th, 2019, 04:54 AM
Congratulations! Your mane is amazing:D happy growing.

GrowlingCupcake
August 14th, 2019, 11:34 AM
Congratulations! I love your post; it was so fun to read. Your hair looks lovely, and your natural colour is so pretty.

You're making me slightly jealous =P; my hair is a lot like yours in texture when it's shorter (based on photos), and I miss that!

Stray_mind
August 15th, 2019, 02:05 PM
Lovely hair! Your buns always are so elegant and you've come a long way! Happy growing!
Aww thank you!

Congratulations! Your mane is amazing:D happy growing.
Thank you so much :)

Congratulations! I love your post; it was so fun to read. Your hair looks lovely, and your natural colour is so pretty.

You're making me slightly jealous =P; my hair is a lot like yours in texture when it's shorter (based on photos), and I miss that!

Thank you! Don't be jealous. Your hair rocks! :flower:

LittleHealthy
August 15th, 2019, 06:59 PM
Lovely!! Do you have any particular favourites in your hairtoy collection?

Corvana
August 15th, 2019, 07:44 PM
Happy hairniversary!! Your hair has come so far in the past couple years, and it's so so gorgeous.

LittleHealthy
August 16th, 2019, 03:04 AM
Your wurls and curls look so juicy and amazing :heartbeat !!!

Stray_mind
August 16th, 2019, 07:12 AM
Lovely!! Do you have any particular favourites in your hairtoy collection?
My personal favorites now are the betty flexi, filligree dragonfly flexi, flitter flexi and all of my Mapleburl forks. :)

Happy hairniversary!! Your hair has come so far in the past couple years, and it's so so gorgeous.
Thank you! Indeed it has come very far! It's hard to believe it's MY hair. :D

Your wurls and curls look so juicy and amazing :heartbeat !!!

Thank you <3