PDA

View Full Version : Olaplex and Keratin = Bad combination

Joydivision84
August 5th, 2019, 10:09 AM
About two months ago a hairdresser used olaplex on my hair for the very first time. She messed up my hair with bleach and dye, long story, so I’ll cut to the next step. A few days later I went to another hairdresser, who used olaplex as well on my hair.

So far, so good,... Fast forward to a few days after the olaplex, bleach and dye. I started using keratin treatments to make my hair feel better. At first this worked for about a week, but then, with continued use my hair started to breaking off in all kinds of random places. It’s a good thing I have very thick hair (1b/1c, M, iii).

Now I googled a little bit and it seems I’m not the only one who noticed that the combo of olaplex and keratin is a bad one. The first hairdressers have already ditched olaplex and switched to keratin.
Apparently olaplex is supposed to strengthen the hair from the inside (not sure if this stuff actually works) and keratin strengthens from the outside. If both are used the hair starts to break.

Anyone else over here have the same problem?
I think it would be a great idea, if the hairdressers knew about the problem (Olaplex could advise them) and would tell their customers, so they know.
It will be a long time to grow back my EL hair messed up by hairdressers to APL...sigh