PDA

View Full Version : Wispies and buns

Liz_H
August 5th, 2019, 02:17 AM
I like the look of my hair in buns except for the 3 and 4 inch wispies. What is the best way to tame them? I want something that holds really well but doesn't gunk up my hair. I realize that last may be impossible!
ETA My hair has a lot of slip again.

leayellena
August 5th, 2019, 06:55 AM
Mine is the same as yours. Usually a bit of water and oil takes the flyaways in my case. Sometimes I love the kinda messy look without looking like dogs played in my hair last night. We have fine hair and other people pull off strands, tease that part, spray there, flat irons this and curls that to achieve quite the same look as we fine haired have naturally.

lapushka
August 5th, 2019, 09:31 AM
There is an entire thread on this subject already.

Come join the "wispies club":
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=131555

Joules
August 5th, 2019, 09:39 AM
I just braid the crown area and bobby pin the sides. If my hair is getting oily and kinda starts to hold itself I can get away with a head band.

Liz_H
August 5th, 2019, 02:23 PM
Thanks, I tried, but it didn't work for me.

Mine is the same as yours. Usually a bit of water and oil takes the flyaways in my case. Sometimes I love the kinda messy look without looking like dogs played in my hair last night. We have fine hair and other people pull off strands, tease that part, spray there, flat irons this and curls that to achieve quite the same look as we fine haired have naturally.

Lapushka, I'll head to the wispies thread now.

Spikey
August 5th, 2019, 03:22 PM
I think they look soft and lovely. If you pull out a few strands of hair right by your face, they look a bit more planned though, and less "messy". As for actually taming them, I think that's a losing battle. Water makes them temporarily better, but worse long-term.

Silica
August 5th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Have you tried aloe vera gel? I find a little bit of that helps to control them

Groovy Granny
August 5th, 2019, 05:00 PM
I use a mixed bristle brush (BBB & nylon) to blend them in and then do a very light spritz of hair spay over the brushed area; you can apply the spray to the brush first as well.
Alternatively, texture cream by Garnier helps too, depending on the look I am going for, and how cooperative my wispies are.

Deborah
August 5th, 2019, 07:02 PM
I second the aloe vera gel suggestion. My hair is ultra-fine and likes to escape from every style. When it want it to look its best I dip my fingertips into aloe gel and smooth it over the hair close to my face. This gently holds and leaves nothing discernible behind.

I hope you find something that works for your hair. :flower:

Liz_H
August 14th, 2019, 12:42 AM
What brands of aloe gel do you use? Does it remain clear if it's pure gel? I have some that's liquid. I'm considering this hair spray. It's fragrance free and gets good reviews.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0793GMPX5/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A3B7MT0VT4CVLQ&psc=1

Silica
August 14th, 2019, 07:28 AM
What brands of aloe gel do you use? Does it remain clear if it's pure gel? I have some that's liquid. [/url]

I'm using the Real Aloe brand at the moment. Is it totally clear and very runny (not a liquid but it only just a gel!) I've also used Lily of the Desert, which is a little more like a proper gel texture. Both work great

Messyhair
August 14th, 2019, 07:37 AM
The wispies are one of the big reasons that I am Messyhair.

MamaLou
August 14th, 2019, 07:42 AM
I twist my babyhairs together and bobby pin them when they are annoying (if you pin in the direction that your hair is going it will hide the pin)