PDA

View Full Version : What are your favourite scented hair products?

illicitlizard
August 3rd, 2019, 09:46 PM
Sulfate/silicone free or not, doesn't really matter!

I recently found this shampoo and conditioner at the drugstore, Herbal Essences (https://herbalessences.com.au/en-au/discover-products/collections/white-strawberry-and-sweet-mint) white strawberry and sweet mint. So strongly scented with strawberry as to be slightly obnoxious. I love it, plus it was on sale.
I've been searching for a couple of years now for really nicely scented haircare that doesn't cost a bomb (my favourite shampoo (https://www.hairhousewarehouse.com.au/Color-Lustre-Shampoo-300mL) was from Shu Uemura but I cannot justify paying that much for haircare on the regular), and that doesn't just smell generically floral.

So I want to know, what are your favourite loudly scented hair products?

akurah
August 3rd, 2019, 11:49 PM
I liked Herbal Essences White Grapefruit and Mosa Mint scent. I'm not a terribly big fan of my skin forcing me to be fragrance free because I enjoyed that one a lot.

Begemot
August 4th, 2019, 03:01 AM
Klippoteket Argan oil leave-in has a lovely candy scent :inlove: Urtekram Green Matcha Anti-pollution conditioner has really unusual scent and I wasn't sure if I liked it at first but now I love it.

cestlavie
August 4th, 2019, 03:21 AM
Garnier Fructis Aloe Vera Airdry cream (conditioner and mask included) has a fresh scent that lingers for days. I really like it.

Garnier Fructis Treats/hairfood masks smell great too. Very fruity!

I like flowery, especially rose, scents in hair care. I add rose oil to my diy protein leave in spray and the smell is gorgeous.

TatsuOni
August 4th, 2019, 03:22 AM
Oils from NightBlooming. The Aurelia (https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/695349835/aurelia-iyarri-chronicles-signature-oil?ref=shop_home_active_1&crt=1) and Raven queen (https://www.etsy.com/se-en/listing/250753117/12-oz-previous-oil-blend-of-the-month?ref=shop_home_active_6&var1=570722003) are my favorites :crush:

lapushka
August 4th, 2019, 03:33 AM
The Garnier Fructis hairfood hair masks, especially the papaya one, but also the banana one; mixed with warm water it gives off the most amazing scent!

Joules
August 4th, 2019, 04:59 AM
Aussie Miracle Moist shampoo (with macadamia). Smells absolutely divine, such a pity it's not that great of a shampoo.

I really like Garnier Fructis scent. Castor oil and Almond line from Garnier Botanic Therapy (or whatever it's called where you live) is amazing too (if this line isn't available where you live, just imagine vanilla almonds). Pantene smells great too, to me their scent is like the smell of cleanliness.

Now that I think about it, it's kinda hard to disappoint me scent-wise. Generic fragrances of drugstore products are all pleasant to me. I may dislike intense herbal scents, like right now I'm using a scalp lotion that's mostly herbs and it's not the greatest experience.

Kalamazoo
August 4th, 2019, 07:20 AM
Anything that doesn't set off my allergies, meaning, nearly nothing. I'm allergic to a lot of people, because they're trying so hard to smell how they think is good.

I did, however, really, Really, REALLY want my cherrywood combs to smell like cherries, so I bought samples of several things that were sold as cherry-scented. While they DID smell like cherries, my sinuses reacted badly to all of them. So I gave up looking. About a year later, I stumbled across the Captain's Choice 45th Parallel Aftershave. :magic: :flowers: :happydance:

pamela123
August 4th, 2019, 08:01 AM
Anything from Aussie smells amazing!

blackgothicdoll
August 4th, 2019, 08:12 AM
I'm very sensitive to artificial fragrances, especially in things that will touch my skin/scalp like shampoo. This is very unfortunate since a lot of curly/natural hair products smell like baby vomit coconut.

I like herbal shampoos which smell like... herbs. Or essential oil scented products, if fragrance free isn't an option. I'll accept fragrance in conditioner since it gets washed out, and my favorite is Style Aromatherapy. It does linger a little bit, I can't quite describe what it smells like (floral, maybe?) but I like it though I can't use it if I'm on the verge of a headache.

I also like oil blends, so I have quite a few from Nightblooming (unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to purchase more) but my favorites there are Raven's Queen, Grave Flowers and Samhain - those I got the big bottles of. I also love the Innate Life's Rose Elixir, it has the perfect rose scent that is not too sweet like commercial rose.

Speaking of rose, Botanical Hair Growth makes a rose hair mask that I've repurchased when on sale, along with an oil. Rose is my favorite scent, but it's hard to come by the perfect essential oil blend as too much geranium easily overtakes the rose I crave. Between Botanical Hair Growth and Innate Life, I'd pick the Innate Life's rose elixir as my preferred rose scent.

I keep essential oils and blend them with my whipped shea butter mixes, usually rose, ylang ylang or jasmine. These are nice but I'm no mixtress - I treasure my oil blends <3

gingerninja
August 4th, 2019, 10:30 AM
My favourite scented products were the Shea moisture Jamaican black castor oil line especially the shampoo it lingered in my hair for days.

xoAshley
August 4th, 2019, 10:38 AM
Pantene always smells amazing.

mermaid lullaby
August 4th, 2019, 10:42 AM
I like ABBA, and there's another one that is Hawaiian inspired but I can't remember what it's called.

maplesyrupgirl
August 4th, 2019, 02:42 PM
I love anything with coconut or moroccan oil! I'm really loving the Maui Moisture Coconut Milk shampoo at the moment. I can't stop sniffing my hair after I've washed it!

MusicalSpoons
August 4th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Faith in Nature BB Rode and Neroli conditioner. It's the only thing I've used that lingers at all in my hair (other than a generic medicated shampoo that smelled of TCP - yeuch!). Richard Ward volumising conditioner did a bit too but not very much, and while it was pleasant I wasn't too bothered about it. The FiN one makes my pillow smell amazing from airdrying, even if my hair doesn't overwhelmingly smell of rose. I get a whiff when I take it down from a bun, which is quite nice :o but I also hope I wouldn't be causing anyone problems with the scent - I'm a little sensitive to some but I'm very aware that a significant number of people have real problems with many scents.

When I used to use Herbal Essences before realising it was torturing my scalp, the scent would linger until it was dry, and only come back out of my hair got wet - kind of similar to most cheap products I use now, too.

Dark40
August 4th, 2019, 04:27 PM
I like the Herbal Essence Color Me Happy Shampoo and Conditioner. I just love the way they smell! Also, Garnier Fructis Banana Hair Mask, Maui Shea Moisture Anti-Breakage Line, and Loreal Evercreme Shampoo and Conditioner, and also Loreal Evercreme Cleansing Conditioner as well. I just love the way they smell. The Loreal Evercreme products to me smells like some kind of perfume.

AmberWillow
August 4th, 2019, 05:25 PM
I just got the As I Am cowash, I really like the smell!

Obsidian
August 4th, 2019, 07:13 PM
garnier delicate oat conditioner. It has a amazing sweet, creamy scent that isn't overpowering or too sweet. I'd love to find other products with the same scent.

Synester
August 4th, 2019, 08:24 PM
anything minty. purology hydration has a nice minty smell. Or Tea tree and mint by OGX is a good favorite too. i love how cool and fresh it makes my scalp feel.

~MoonChild~
August 4th, 2019, 09:02 PM
oh man, there's so many! haha

I really love Moroccan Oil products, that smell is lovely, I never get tired of it.
Lush makes a shampoo bar called Karma Komba that I love too, smells like patchouli, orange and pine.
And lastly before I write too many, I really enjoy Aqualina Pink Sugar hair perfume, smells sweet and musky ♡

Tinyponies
August 5th, 2019, 03:19 AM
garnier delicate oat conditioner. It has a amazing sweet, creamy scent that isn't overpowering or too sweet. I'd love to find other products with the same scent.

Wow, I have the delicate oat shampoo, and (to me) it smells very strong! This is the strongest smelling one I have had yet and the smell stays the same all week (and I’m not crazy about it at all). I’m gonna go sniff the conditioner next time I see it.

I keep a look out at all the health food shops I visit for MusicalSpoons’ rose and neroli faith in nature but haven’t seen it yet.

MusicalSpoons
August 5th, 2019, 05:31 AM
Tinyponies I've only ever bought it online - Holland and Barrett, Superdrug, bodykind, Faith in Nature's own website, etc. I've not seen it in a physical shop (though I'm not able to get out very often so that may not mean much!).

Ylva
August 5th, 2019, 05:43 AM
I love the Natura Siberica Oblepikha line.

Garnier Fructis Aloe Vera Airdry cream (conditioner and mask included) has a fresh scent that lingers for days. I really like it.

Garnier Fructis Treats/hairfood masks smell great too. Very fruity!

I second these!

Tinyponies
August 5th, 2019, 06:15 AM
Tinyponies I've only ever bought it online - Holland and Barrett, Superdrug, bodykind, Faith in Nature's own website, etc. I've not seen it in a physical shop (though I'm not able to get out very often so that may not mean much!).

That explains it! I’ve seen a lot of the other flavours in the shops, our closest independent health food shop has loads. Just never the rose one. :lol:

Obsidian
August 5th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Wow, I have the delicate oat shampoo, and (to me) it smells very strong! This is the strongest smelling one I have had yet and the smell stays the same all week (and I’m not crazy about it at all). I’m gonna go sniff the conditioner next time I see it.

I keep a look out at all the health food shops I visit for MusicalSpoons’ rose and neroli faith in nature but haven’t seen it yet.

Yes, it is very strong but to me, its not a cloying, overpowering scent. Guess strong and overpowering mean different things to me.
The scent does stick around for a long time which I like. I'm a fan of strong scents.

Knightly
August 5th, 2019, 01:04 PM
Anything from Maui Moisture! I personally love the bamboo scent in their bamboo fiber line

WildPonyTail
August 5th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Here's a few of my favorite based on scent. In no particular order.

Suave Essentials-
Aloe & Water Lily (kinda like green grass or leaves)
Waterfall Mist (clean,fresh, minty)

Alberto VO5-
Vanilla Mint Tea (I think this is discontinued, hard to find & no longer on VO5 web site, I'm hoarding my last 3 bottles of condish)
Passion Fruit Smoothie (sweet, fruity & yummy!)

Suave Professionals-
Rose Oil (strong, lasting scent of fresh roses. My new obsession even with the cones! Wish they made matching lotion, body wash & even body spray)
Rosemary & Mint (fresh, herbal, minty. Really like this scent)

Suave Professionals for Natural Hair-
Cream Detangle Spray (Smells better than my Bath & Bodyworks sprays!!! Sort of a sweet vanilla & coconut scent. This is a new line marketed towards curly & ethnic hair. Shampoo is sulfate free but the conditioner has cones and mineral oil. Seems a weird combo for "natural" curly hair. I have it but haven't tried it yet other than the Detangle spray. The spray is very coney, it does tame frizz but also makes my wavy hair almost straight. I bought it for my daughter who has natural platinum blonde straight hair. Makes her hair like silk!)

GrowingGlory
August 5th, 2019, 03:06 PM
I am so happy with the scent of the Garnier Fructis Sleek&Shine products that I have bought. While my hair is drying it feels like being in a glass of naturally effervescent citrusy deliciousness.

ExpectoPatronum
August 5th, 2019, 03:24 PM
I love the scent of lavender. I have a few products with a lavender scent that I love. One is Jessicurl's Spiralicious in the citrus lavender scent, and the Love Beauty Planet smoothing conditioner also smells heavenly. Of course, if you don't like lavender you won't like those products. Jessicurl is available in a couple different scents at least.

PillowBook
August 5th, 2019, 05:48 PM
I'm a perfume addict so I'm pretty particular and I don't really look for hair care to smell good (I'm all about performance!) but Tauer Perfumes makes a vanilla scented body oil called Wowilla which is an excellent grade of jojoba oil perfumed with Réunion vanilla and accents of amber, sandalwood, and the lightest, barest touch of patchouli. They also make a rose and amber scented versions which I will pick up for fall... otherwise I really love Paul Mitchel Tea Tree! Lavender, mint, tea tree are favorites but a lot of moisturizing products seem go for coconut--- bleah .... Also ORS hair mayo smells wonderfully herbal but I havn't tried it yet... still sitting on my shelf but it does smell great. Hope it works well LOL.

WildPonyTail
August 5th, 2019, 09:14 PM
I love the scent of lavender. I have a few products with a lavender scent that I love. One is Jessicurl's Spiralicious in the citrus lavender scent, and the Love Beauty Planet smoothing conditioner also smells heavenly. Of course, if you don't like lavender you won't like those products. Jessicurl is available in a couple different scents at least.

I bought a bottle of Love, Beauty, & Planet conditioner Shea Butter and Sandalwood. It smells pretty amazing. Haven't tried it so not sure about performance.

Also, if you like lavender scents I just saw that Suave Professionals just came out with a new Lavender & Almond line. I love lavender so can't wait to find this one and sniff it.

blackgothicdoll
August 5th, 2019, 09:18 PM
I bought a bottle of Love, Beauty, & Planet conditioner Shea Butter and Sandalwood. It smells pretty amazing. Haven't tried it so not sure about performance.

Also, if you like lavender scents I just saw that Suave Professionals just came out with a new Lavender & Almond line. I love lavender so can't wait to find this one and sniff it.

Wasn't a fan of the LBP conditioner. Love the scents, rose and lavender are my favorites, but the conditioner was awful to me.

I stayed away from the Suave rose oil because of the cones but I've slowly been revisiting them in my conditioners. Haven't seen lavender, is this in the US?? I must have it!!

Longlegs
August 6th, 2019, 12:01 AM
A'kin miracle shine moisturising mask, it's a new product from a great Australian company. It smells like musk sticks , or the other types of musk lollies you can buy. It's a lovely smell that's a bit different from floral scented hair products that are so common. It has natural oils like cardamom and cloves so I think that's why it smells that way to me.

spidergoat
August 6th, 2019, 04:58 AM
I'm going to be a tad boring and say Aussie Mega Moist S&C. I also like their 3 Minute Miracle. They don't smell super in the shower, but I love the smell when dry. Also, my absolute favorite scent is Garnier Whole Blends Honey Treasures, followed by their coconut water scent.

wo
August 6th, 2019, 07:18 AM
I love the scent of Garnier Fructis so much that I'm currently off my normal curly routine and using products with sulfates and silicones just for that scent. 😄 As a side note, so many of the sulfate and silicone free products have scents I can't stand. REALLY strong essential oil scents and florals. Many things that were great for my hair, I've never bought again because of the overwhelming scent. Like a lot of Shea Moisture products. (My husband and I both get a really strong playdoh/sunscreen smell from SM.)

renia22
August 6th, 2019, 09:28 AM
Finesse, Herbal Essences Smooth & Shine collections, Orzene, Matrix Brass Off, Prell, Pantene Micellar Water; Aveda Shampure, Rosemary Mint, Scalp Benefits & Sap Moss are my favorites scents (although Aveda products have great scents, they don’t work very well on my hair).

czech it out
August 6th, 2019, 02:14 PM

Y’all, if you love Pantene, you must try Dove Intensive Repair. It smells similarly strong and clean, but even better IMO! Only problem is - it’s not as moisturizing as Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal for me. I’ve compromised by alternating the two.

Dark40
August 6th, 2019, 04:25 PM

I also love the way Pantene smells too.

WildPonyTail
August 6th, 2019, 06:05 PM
A'kin miracle shine moisturising mask, it's a new product from a great Australian company. It smells like musk sticks , or the other types of musk lollies you can buy. It's a lovely smell that's a bit different from floral scented hair products that are so common. It has natural oils like cardamom and cloves so I think that's why it smells that way to me.

Oh, that sounds amazing!! My husband's new hobby is making homemade goat's milk soaps. And he has made some with clove oil that smells so good.

WildPonyTail
August 6th, 2019, 06:09 PM
Wasn't a fan of the LBP conditioner. Love the scents, rose and lavender are my favorites, but the conditioner was awful to me.

I stayed away from the Suave rose oil because of the cones but I've slowly been revisiting them in my conditioners. Haven't seen lavender, is this in the US?? I must have it!!

Yes, I'm in the US.

The Suave Rose Oil has cones but doesn't seem as heavy with them as some of the other Suave Professionals. It's supposed to be "volumizing" so maybe that's why? But the scent is worth a try for sure. The Lavender one is new & I haven't found in the stores yet. But it is on their website so hopefully coming soon.

lunalocks
August 6th, 2019, 08:58 PM
AVEDA hair oil. I love the stuff. I'd wear it as perfume every day if I weren't in a job interacting with ill people.

Dark40
August 6th, 2019, 09:02 PM
Another one of favorite scented hair product is the old pantene pro-v shampoos and conditioners from 1991 on up to 2001. I've always loved the way those versions of pantene smelled! I often wondered what scent was it? It was the, "Vintage," kind.

UncommonTart
August 6th, 2019, 09:51 PM
I swear I’m not affiliated, I feel like I have to say that since I’ve posted about them so many times here recently, but I love the Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs hair glosses. I’m currently wearing Rose Red and my hair smells gorgeous, like cold, wet red roses.

Cyclamen
August 7th, 2019, 07:32 PM
UncommonTart, Hair gloss like a deep treatment without color?

Nature's Gate Herbal shampoo has Oriental / hippy type of scent that stays in the hair. It's too strong for me, which is like all shampoos at the moment, but maybe somebody else would like it.

I've heard about arabic solid perfume for hair, but I don't remember the name and I don't know where to look for it. I would really like to try it.

Milkchocolate
August 7th, 2019, 07:37 PM
Anything from the OGX miracle coconut oil line..particularly the miracle coconut penetrating oil. The sweetest most tropical scent ever ❤️

Wildcat Diva
August 7th, 2019, 10:19 PM
Nightblooming’s Panacea of course. Which I’m out of.

Oh and I’m making a beard oil for the husband with a fragrance oil I’ve got coming. Roasted Oatmeal Stout.

UncommonTart
August 9th, 2019, 09:10 PM
UncommonTart, Hair gloss like a deep treatment without color?

Nature's Gate Herbal shampoo has Oriental / hippy type of scent that stays in the hair. It's too strong for me, which is like all shampoos at the moment, but maybe somebody else would like it.

I've heard about arabic solid perfume for hair, but I don't remember the name and I don't know where to look for it. I would really like to try it.

It’s more like a light leave in spray, really.

I’d definitely be interested in a solid hair perfume, too.

jane_marie
August 9th, 2019, 09:22 PM
I love Shea Moisture Coconut and Hibiscus Detangler. It's a detangler for kids but I find it really helps me battle humidity induced frizz.

PallasAthena
August 10th, 2019, 12:05 PM
Oh wow, I haven't been on the BPAL site in a while, I have to try one of her hair oils!

Right now I am using an oil from the Indian grocery story, Parachute brand Jasmine oil. It is mostly mineral oil with some coconut oil and Jasmine scent (seems like mineral oil is pretty popular with these Indian brands) and I love it. I only use it on my damp ends, but it is very light and light-scented. You would think it would be a very heavy oil with those ingredients, but it isn't. I only use about 2 drops though.

Another thing I like to do is just put a tiny bit of solid perfume on my ends, like the kind you get in a tin at Lush or from Pacifica. It's really just whatever is left on my fingers after I use it on pulse points, but it adds a little piecey-ness and scent to my hair.

Kat
August 11th, 2019, 10:28 AM
I love the Nature's Gate herbal shampoo (http://shop.naturesgate.com/Herbal-Daily-Cleanse-Shampoo/p/NAT-011812&c=NaturesGate@Hair@Concern@Cleansing) (the brown one). I used to use it yeeeeears ago-- we're talking, middle school/high school-- and started again a couple years ago. (However, it's SLS free, so I have to use it either as a second lather, or only when my hair isn't really oily/sweaty/whatever, or it won't get my hair completely clean.) It breaks my heart that it doesn't leave its scent on my hair.

(I'd use the conditioner too, but I'm not sure it would be thick enough for my loves-to-be-dry hair.)