PDA

View Full Version : OMG... have you seen this cool hairstyle site?

unaspenser
November 7th, 2008, 11:59 AM
http://hairstyledictionary.ztn.net/

It is fun to play with. Where did it come from?

nayver
November 7th, 2008, 12:04 PM
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't understand the levels of difficulty.

jastark84
November 7th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Wow! This site looks pretty kick ass! Once I get home later I'll take a closer look at it.

ClareDee
November 7th, 2008, 12:15 PM
It seems to be related to this site? And yet there's no actual mention of this site?

I mean, I see "Trolleypup" mentioned (as in "Lazy bun: Trolleypup's") :hmm:

It does look very useful.

LeaM07
November 7th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Check out this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=10999&page=13) for details. :)

ClareDee
November 7th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Ah I see! Thanks for that LeaM07 :)
Thanks ChatoyantLocks and anyone else involved in setting it up! Bookmarking it right now :D

MandaMom2Three
November 7th, 2008, 12:48 PM
My Dream Come True!!!!!!!!

Jessikinz
November 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
woohoo, i'm bookmarking this! its so awesome.

jeno
November 7th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Fantastic! I'm bookmarking it at once.

Samikha
November 7th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Wow, so many people who hadn't noticed it o.O *puts it in signature* Isn't ChatoyantLocks awesome, by the way?

suicides_eve
November 7th, 2008, 01:48 PM
lol i was kinda freaked out at first, i thought some random person was putting this up... woo i feel better. Great idea

Elainehali
November 7th, 2008, 02:13 PM
lol

I can't believe the 4 strand rope braid I made is considered a "4" in skill.

Now I feel like a hair ninja.

ChatoyantLocks
November 7th, 2008, 04:21 PM
This was a fun thread to find! :)

Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! But I don't understand the levels of difficulty.

The levels of difficulty came from the hairstyle difficulty survey, which plainjanegirl set up and gathered the data for: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=11181

It seems to be related to this site? And yet there's no actual mention of this site?

I mean, I see "Trolleypup" mentioned (as in "Lazy bun: Trolleypup's") :hmm:

Eventually there will be a writeup on the website giving more information about it. Currently I'm working on version 1.1 of the program to improve the search functions.

lol

I can't believe the 4 strand rope braid I made is considered a "4" in skill.

Now I feel like a hair ninja.

Well, according to the hairstyle difficulty survey, that style has a difficulty level that equates to "stunt level", so, yes, you *are* a hair ninja! :D

VikingJarl
November 8th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Really cool! Bookmarked:)

LutraLutra
November 8th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Yup, I've just bookmarked that too. Excellent.

NightingaleLHC
November 9th, 2008, 08:55 AM
OMG how wonderful!!! I always have trouble deciding what to do with my hair and so usually do the same 3 things over and over again:p

MagpieMama
November 9th, 2008, 09:23 AM
wow - that is awesome (I too am bookmarking). I have so many things to work toward.

It is so nice to be able to exclude braid features because I can't braid :o

cuddledumplin
November 10th, 2008, 07:41 PM
That's so cool. I'll probably not be able to move beyond level 1 though. It's cool that it fealures our members too.

WritingPrincess
November 10th, 2008, 07:48 PM
I'm wondering if future versions will have instructions.

Aicha
November 10th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Wow, this is such a cool idea and a great time-saver as well! Thank you to whomever is setting up this amazing site!

snowbear
November 10th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Hot diggity! That's amazing!

ChatoyantLocks
November 10th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I'm wondering if future versions will have instructions.

Yes, it will. :)

ETA: instructions on how to use the site and what the search types mean. See additional post below.

WritingPrincess
November 11th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Thank you, Chatoyant Locks for putting this site up. It's a wonderful idea!

Katze
November 11th, 2008, 10:33 AM
wow what a great idea! For a hairstyle idiot like me, good instructions would really help, but I assume that's coming. ;)

people who can create stuff like this have my total respect and admiration. Using typed lines of code to make these machines do something that allows these machines to then communicate useful information to a wide variety of people! Wow! This just about tops people who can make their hair into beautiful elaborate hairdos without ruining it!

:cheese:

ChatoyantLocks
November 11th, 2008, 10:43 AM
wow what a great idea! For a hairstyle idiot like me, good instructions would really help, but I assume that's coming. ;)

Oh, I just realized I may have been confusing people! There will be instructions on how to use the site, and on what the different search types are. I'm not planning to put up instructions on how to do the hairstyles themselves, since I could run into copyright issues in the process of trying to do so. Instead I am linking to other sites where you can find where other people have explained how to do the styles.

Katze
November 11th, 2008, 10:46 AM
ok, thanks! I am a bit dumb finding stuff. So many of the styles people love don't have instructions, so some day (as my hair gets longer and it gets closer to baby time!) I hope to be able to learn...baby steps... :D

You are a genius, btw.

Chrissy
November 11th, 2008, 06:14 PM
We are so spoiled here!! When my hair was long all I ever did was a ponytail or a bun, sometimes a french braid. Now that I'm regrowing it I can try so many fun things.

CaityBear
November 11th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Already bookmarked! And hoping to check it out more later.

I'm actually just starting to get the hang of hair sticks. I've always like them, but not until last week sometime have I been able to get them to keep my hair in a style. Now I use hair sticks all the time rather than a hair clip like I used to. Either that or a scrunchie for a bun...

nappywomyn
November 13th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Absolutely wonderful! Thank you so much, ChatoyantLocks!!!