PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mountain Soap Co.

deeisme
August 3rd, 2019, 06:39 PM
Rocky Mountain Soap Co. is a Canadian company and I have to say so far I'm impressed. I have tried going Sulfate and Silicone free a few times and not had much success. I like the idea of using natural products when possible but if I can't find something natural that works then I just use whatever does work to wash, condition and detangle.

Slip is the biggest issue for me as my hair is fine, dry and wavy. I just tried Rocky Mountain Soap Co. Nourish and Protect Shampoo and the Scent Free Conditioner. I double conditioned and rinsed with lukewarm water and blow dried on low heat with a diffuser. I was able to easily finger comb my dried hair! That's huge for me.

Granted this is the first time I've used these products and time will tell how long term use goes. My first impressions however, are very positive. Has anyone else here used these products?

Shorty89
August 3rd, 2019, 08:16 PM
I've been in a store briefly and tried one of their shampoo bars. Shampoo bars usually don't work for me but I was curious (and got a free sample). The conditioners looked decent, but far more expensive than my current conditioner. I also sometime sdon't do well with conditioners that have too many oils high on the ingredients and I think Rocky Mountain's are like that.

deeisme
August 4th, 2019, 01:37 PM
Yes the conditioner has a fair amount of oils in it. After drying yesterday I put a little bit of jojoba on chin length down and then an oil mix today. My hair can definately handle oils :D.

If anyone is interested the oil mix I've been making and using is:
Science-y Hair Blog
Oil Blend Recipe for Hair
http://science-yhairblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/whats-cookin-oil-blend-recipe-for-hair.html?m=1