PDA

View Full Version : August 2019: Finger Waves

neko_kawaii
August 1st, 2019, 12:05 PM
This is an accent style that doesn't get discussed on LHC very often. Can you do finger waves without heat? Can you make this work on longer hair?

Go forth, look for tutorials or make your own and share!

Bess3714
August 4th, 2019, 01:35 PM
Oh! Yes! I keep wanting to try fingerwaves, but I haven't yet. Hopefully this will be the motivation I need.

Elodea
August 24th, 2019, 11:25 PM
I looked up how to do this style and found these tips (https://behindthechair.com/articles/finger-waves-beginners-5-tips/) on the technique, although I haven't tried them yet. It seems that you have to use a ton of hair gel (to make them without heat) and then basically mold your hair into the waves, then let the gel set/dry completely. Styling clips would probably be useful to hold everything in place while it dries.

Since I don't have any hair gel on hand at the moment, I can't try this style, and I'm also not sure I'd like the feeling of all that dried gel in my hair, right next to my scalp. I think finger waves would probably look best for longer (past shoulder/chin length) hair if the lengths were put into a bun.

People with naturally wavy hair might have an easier time accomplishing this style, I'm guessing.