PDA

View Full Version : What is the shortest your hair has been?

manticore
July 31st, 2019, 11:22 AM
aside from when you were first born, I mean :D

1. what is the shortest your hair has ever been?
2. how long is it now?

I’ve mostly had my hair at a not-short length my whole life. But I have had it buzzed (I still have a side shave today lol... I’m torn between wanting buzzed hair and wanting long, so this is my compromise :x). The last time I truly had it shortish was my late teens when it was ear length. Now I’m past waist.

pamela123
July 31st, 2019, 11:32 AM
1. just past my shoulders
2. now it's past my waist :) i've never actually measured my hair so not sure how long it actually is

Silica
July 31st, 2019, 11:43 AM
I've had it really short a couple of times now (not quite a buzz but not far off). I'm just starting to grow it out again now and its probably about 2-3" now. I hate it right now because I can't do anything with it until its long enough to put up in a little pony tail! I do love it really short - its cute and its so easy to handle that way. But I love it super long too and am looking forward to getting back to that in ... oh... 5-10 years! :rolleyes:

Obsidian
July 31st, 2019, 11:45 AM
Probably about 1/8 of a inch. I shaved it last year and I'm around 4 inches right now.

leafygreens18
July 31st, 2019, 11:47 AM
Almost totally shaved about two years ago.

Vacurlylady
July 31st, 2019, 11:54 AM
I have worn my hair ultra short pixie, my back and sides have been clipped with barber clippers and spiked for more than half my life. Kept it cut every 3-4 weeks. Now I’m between SL and APL. I woke up almost 60 and wanted long hair. Not sure what length I’m going to, but I’m enjoying my natural color and natural curls. ☺️ I’m in the no-cut challenges and am not thinking of cutting any time soon.

clandestine
July 31st, 2019, 12:10 PM
Buzz cut and now I'm at butt crack :p

cjk
July 31st, 2019, 12:18 PM
Kept it razored bald for 2 years. Loved it.

Ligeia Noire
July 31st, 2019, 12:22 PM
The shortest..... hmmm.... i asked my mother to cut it to shoulder when i was 16... big mistake. It looked terrible. That was the only time.
I am now at lower calf.

MusicalSpoons
July 31st, 2019, 12:32 PM
Well ... Once it had grown as a child, I guess the shortest as an older child was waist. As a teen and in my 20s before LHC, hip was the shortest (needed an annual chop to get rid of scraggly uncared-for ends). Now I'm knee+.

RunOnCaffeine
July 31st, 2019, 01:04 PM
Ear length when I was 11. It's the only time I've ever had hair too short to put up. It was my dad's idea to cut my hair so short and at the time I didn't mind it, but I wouldn't have wanted to do it again. I hated growing it out!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 31st, 2019, 01:21 PM
About two inches long, unfortunately. My mother loved it - I hated it. Never again! Now it's somewhere around 64 inches, or lower calf length.

Stray_mind
July 31st, 2019, 01:23 PM
Above chin length.
Now it's below APL and obviously still growing.

gingerninja
July 31st, 2019, 02:01 PM
1: The shortest was shoulder length when I was 12 my grandma told the hairdresser to chop it off as she was fed up of brushing out my tangles.

2: Its currently an inch short of classic length and still growing.

BerrySara
July 31st, 2019, 02:09 PM
3" inches short when I first did my big chop during transitioning from chemically straightened hair to natural hair.

Currently at BSL and growing.

Groovy Granny
July 31st, 2019, 02:29 PM
Back in the late 80's when I was scalped at the salon by a relative :doh:
The back was shaved and the top was cut into a 3" pixie :steam:...like Dorothy Hamel :mad:

Now I am TBL :flower:

Lizabeth94
July 31st, 2019, 07:13 PM
I've shaved my head completely, twice! I'm currently hovering between chin length and neck length.

MoonRabbit
July 31st, 2019, 08:51 PM
The shortest I can remember is either mid neck or grazing shoulders.

Now my hair is classic.

CherryFrizz
July 31st, 2019, 09:01 PM
Shortest - bowl cut
Now - hip length

Knightly
July 31st, 2019, 09:06 PM
Hmm shortest... Shoulder length but when I was little I had a bowl cut for quite a few years.
Now it's kinda TBL

ExpectoPatronum
July 31st, 2019, 09:58 PM
Shoulder length, now hovering around BSL

Katsura
July 31st, 2019, 11:38 PM
1. ear length, about ten years ago
2. approaching hip lenght

C_Bookworm
July 31st, 2019, 11:48 PM
My shortest ever was a pixie in high school. I intended to go short, but not that short. It was traumatic the first day, and after that felt like a grand adventure.

I’m currently TBL.

YvetteVarie
August 1st, 2019, 01:08 AM
Totally shaved :). But the shortest as an adult was 1" long

Liz_H
August 1st, 2019, 01:31 AM
About 2 inches, which was not at all flattering to my overweight face. I've always been jealous of women who have beautiful faces even if very heavy.

I wore it nearly that short in high school. It looked good then.

Begemot
August 1st, 2019, 01:52 AM
1. The shortest length it has been since I was a baby was just barely shoulder length. That was almost a year ago (and before that was when I was 12).
2. APL.

Reyn127
August 1st, 2019, 07:55 AM
I maintained a buzz cut for a few months about 8 years ago, I think. Now it’s a few inches beyond classic/around FTL (I haven’t really measured lately).

TatsuOni
August 1st, 2019, 08:19 AM
Shortest - around 0,5 cm. Now - 114 cm or FTL.

ladyfey
August 1st, 2019, 09:34 AM
buzz cut, which I really enjoyed, though the growing out involved some seriously sticking straight up hair! It is now chin length, which I also like, not sure where I am going to go from here.

maplesyrupgirl
August 1st, 2019, 10:14 AM
1. Chin length, which I hated at the time but looking back it didn't look tooooo bad lol
2. APL

hinabelle
August 1st, 2019, 10:37 AM
Exactly to the chin. Lots of people liked it, but looking back I did not like it.

blackgothicdoll
August 1st, 2019, 09:06 PM
The shortest was a pixie, buzzed in the back. It was great until it started growing out, then it was the biggest hair mistake I could have ever made :o

arlangrey17
August 1st, 2019, 09:22 PM
The shortest I ever had was an undercut from several years ago that went from the smaller side of my part and around the back to above my other ear with a few inches on top. Currently a few months into growing out a pixie from a fade, so it's still pretty short but not as drastic as that one undercut.

EssleyBlue
August 3rd, 2019, 09:01 AM
A pixie cut is the shortest I've gone. Didn't really like it.

Sora Rose
August 3rd, 2019, 09:09 AM
I had just past chin-length when I was around seven. That's the shortest I can remember it ever being, and I hated it.

Dark40
August 3rd, 2019, 10:57 AM
The shortest my hair has ever been was a chin length bob when I was thirty-eight. Now, it's 3 inches beyond waist length.

Reynaa
August 3rd, 2019, 12:41 PM
The shortest my hair has ever been is a super short pixie, max 2-3 inches on the top and buzzed with an 8 guard on the sides and back. I'm currently growing it out and regretting the last time I retouched it because I went shorter than usual. But I'm already at about 5 inches in the front as of the last time I measured, slowly but surely making progress.

Fitzpatrick
August 3rd, 2019, 12:53 PM
Pixie, I had my d.l. made a few years ago and much to my surprise it is not a flattering photo.

bparnell75
August 3rd, 2019, 01:56 PM
I wore a pixie in the 70's A chin page boy in the 80's ans 90's. A Mid back, bleached blonde for most of the early 20th years. Wore lots of buns then too.

Ylva
August 3rd, 2019, 02:07 PM
1. Birth.
2. When I was 13, I had it cut to about ear/chin length. Never since then.

Suortuva
August 3rd, 2019, 03:14 PM
As adult something between chin and shoulders, with short neck. I have had lots of above shoulders hair styles, which I have liked.

Ylvas post made me remember that I had some strange around ear hair style in second class and I looked like a Monchhichi... (I love monchhichis but it's very doubtful if that style suited me). But it's the shortest I can remember.

Then I have had several really, really bad short bobs, because neither the hairdressers or myself understood my hair was wavy, but that's a different story...

blackgothicdoll
August 3rd, 2019, 03:41 PM
1. Birth.
2. When I was 13, I had it cut to about ear/chin length. Never since then.

I was waiting for this.. Took 4 pages, darn :rollin:

Mlarmour
August 3rd, 2019, 03:55 PM
I cut my hair into a pixie in 2015 (I think.) I went from BSL to a pixie as I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2014 and really struggling to lift my arms to do my hair.

illicitlizard
August 3rd, 2019, 09:17 PM
Like half an inch long Jan last year, now I'm just past shoulder length :)

Servana
August 4th, 2019, 02:41 AM
Shortest was shoulder length, which I've had many times throughout my life. I like to maintain at waist for a while then chop to shoulder. Currently at BSL, on my way back to waist!

Estrid
August 4th, 2019, 02:56 AM
2-3 cm (around an inch), shorter in some places, longer in others, short pixie in other words. Everyone except me loved it.

cestlavie
August 4th, 2019, 03:25 AM
The shortest my hair has been was when I had a pixie cut (7+ years ago)

Now my hair is at the top of my bra strap.

illicitlizard
August 4th, 2019, 03:36 AM
2-3 cm (around an inch), shorter in some places, longer in others, short pixie in other words. Everyone except me loved it.

Story of my life, I spent years with people telling me I'd look better with short hair. Finally did it, and apparently, it looked great! Everyone loved it, except me. Short hair is just not my style at all, I can't deal with it.

Hasse
August 4th, 2019, 04:54 AM
The shortest my hair has been was 1 inch. I let a hairdresser cut out all the dye, as I wanted to stop dying for once and for all. A few months later I started dying again and that bout lasted another 2,5 years. Currently I am actively benign neglecting to grow out my hair again and I haven't dyed since about a year and a few months.

Twig
August 4th, 2019, 06:30 AM
It's been pixie length most of my childhood and adult life (mother, military and ex MIL-long story for that last one). Now it's BSL, now that I don't give a FF what anyone thinks, though it's been implied that "at your age" :rolleyes: maybe I should get it cut into a more "appropriate" length. Whatever...

Estrid
August 4th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Story of my life, I spent years with people telling me I'd look better with short hair. Finally did it, and apparently, it looked great! Everyone loved it, except me. Short hair is just not my style at all, I can't deal with it.

I liked running my hands through my hair when it was short, as in neck length or shorter, so the ends could fall through my fingers while still touching my scalp. It's a wonderful feeling, but other than that there's not anything I miss about short hair. It was a pain in the butt, shaped with the pillow as I slept, the slightly longer lengths wouldn't look "neat" or "as it should" since my hair is wavy and poofy, etc, and the constant cutting short hairstyles need is just not for me.

My mother would often bring up old photos of that pixie cut when my hair reached some awkward length, and I would frown and say "no way". I only cut to that pixie once and have not ever had that short again. My mother has long since stopped mentioning short hair, the moment I could put my hair up and use hair toys she seemed to "get it", as long as I can remember she's had long hair too, long enough to put in a bun, so she got some hair toys too now :p

hannabiss
August 4th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Bald. Like to the scalp bald. Not just buzzed. Twice. Loved it. But I enjoy long hair more.

Synester
August 4th, 2019, 08:25 PM
short and spiky in the back...long pieces about chin length in the front, yikes. oh and did i mention it was royal blue lol OH 2010 what a time.

~MoonChild~
August 4th, 2019, 08:47 PM
The shortest it was had to be when I was about..I want to say 7? it was a little bob that was slightly above my jawline..looked like Velma from Scooby Doo lol

My hair now is currently 19inches I believe and just passed APL. I want it to my waist, the hair journey continues! haha (≧∇≦)

August 5th, 2019, 04:03 AM
1,5 cm xD
Now I look like Mowgli. Or kid Largo from the movie.

goneJackal
August 5th, 2019, 04:27 AM
Had buzzcuts (6mm) for about six years! Now I'm keeping it around TBL.

CathelinaNicole
August 7th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Right above shoulder length.

EleriMc
August 7th, 2019, 09:02 PM
BSL throughout childhood and twenties. Chopped to bob in early thirties for a few months until hairdresser butchered it down to barely two inches all over. Decided to never get it cut other than trims again. Currently TBL minus the three inches I trimmed off a few days ago. Next stop: classic, here I come!

jane_marie
August 7th, 2019, 09:03 PM
I shaved my head three years ago.

EleriMc
August 7th, 2019, 09:45 PM
I shaved my head three years ago.

Wow is that brave! My cousin does this every five years or so to donate her locks to Locks of Love. She's amazing.

MaGee5
August 8th, 2019, 01:17 PM
1. Chin length in college
2. Almost shoulder length

I think it looks best right below shoulder length. If I can get it to thicken up, I'll go for even longer.

jane_marie
August 8th, 2019, 01:24 PM
Thanks. I went from waist length to shaved in one day. Shaved looked terrible on me but it was damaged from bleaching, fantasy hair dye and the occasional use of rubber bands because I was too lazy for sticks (or even finding a traditional hair tie). I've just now got it back to BSL. I'm never ever going to shave it again.

Dung Beetle
August 8th, 2019, 01:57 PM
When I was about ten, I fancied myself a tomboy so I got pretty much the same haircut as my brother. I looked a lot like John Denver (https://images.app.goo.gl/idqV9h89xn7iAadn7).

There was another incident in high school where I impulsively cut off the back of my permed mullet. Does that sound bad? Well, it was even worse than that. :D

Proverbs31
August 9th, 2019, 11:10 AM
Ear length...it was a terrible length for me as it accentuated my very round face (I was in elementary school at this point).
Currently, my hair is an inch or so past BSL of my longest bra...and have had a few trims back to shoulder during the process.

PallasAthena
August 9th, 2019, 11:39 AM
My shortest was buzzed off, but I mostly wore wigs at that time. I've also had super short pixies (it's pretty short in my profile pic, when I first started trying to get my hair healthy and long). Now it is brushing my shoulders. It has taken so long because I cut off the layers in back. Now I have a blunt hemline except for the bangs, but I also am not as long as I could be.
I was a short haired kid, I had a Dorothy Hammill bowl cut (I was an 80s kid). Then high school was mid-length perms. My 20s and 30s are best left unsaid. Now that I'm the age women are told to cut their hair I'm going to grow it as long as it will grow.

yulia396
September 23rd, 2019, 03:07 PM
Oh my gosh when I was in sixth grade I went to a salon and the woman who cut my hair literally destroyed my life. She left me with a boyish hairstyle, super short, like a pixie. I fell into depression even deeper and understood short hair is not for me. When I was a kid I always had short hair, but for my teenage years it was a huge no-no. Anyways, today I laugh it off. But yes, I've been super short :) opposed to my BCL today.

AutobotsAttack
September 23rd, 2019, 04:35 PM
The shortest my hair has ever been was a pixie

lapushka
September 23rd, 2019, 05:00 PM
About a couple millimeters to half an inch. I was in my very early 20s then. Might have even been 19 at the time.

Maya Louise
September 24th, 2019, 12:03 AM
I had a pixie as my shortest, so 1-3 inches I’d guess. My longest is right now I think, which is the longest parts of my hair at a couple inches past APL. I basically only have one length of layers which are SL, but I can’t part with the length to get rid of the layers.

Simpscone
September 24th, 2019, 03:37 AM
Chin length. Well, the back was chin length, the front was broken off at various stages around my face! Thanks bleach :lol:

barnet_fair
September 24th, 2019, 05:40 AM
An angled, chin-length bob. I hated how the hairdresser would shave the back of my neck!

Xlena
September 24th, 2019, 05:59 AM
Chin length when I was a child xd

Arciela
September 24th, 2019, 07:58 AM
Chin length after a bleach incident at a salon after having TBL super healthy hair. Haha never again.

Wendyclaire
September 24th, 2019, 07:10 PM
In my twenties I went from long to an almost a buzz cut, a couple of inches. I remember the dog didn’t even recognize me! Never again!

nightowldina
September 24th, 2019, 07:12 PM
buzz cut from birth until 4 years old...

TheLuckyLurker
September 24th, 2019, 07:17 PM
When I joined LHC it was in a 2-inch pixie cut. I grew to waist, chopped a few times, and right now it's around APL.

ManeGoal
September 24th, 2019, 07:58 PM
Pixie twice, about an inch at the shortest layer and about four inches at the longest point. Now it is chin length almost four months later.

unheardletters
September 25th, 2019, 09:16 AM
My shortest was pixie. My longest was hip length. I am currently just below chin length unstretched, shoulder length stretched.

RadioactiveLily
September 25th, 2019, 10:06 PM
I was bald until I was 2 years old. After that, my mom kept it shoulder length or shorter. At one point she gave me a bowl cut and I hated it!

Now my hair is thigh length.

Natalia_A00
September 26th, 2019, 07:55 AM
Chin length when I was 13-14 years old. It only looked cute when I straightened it (for me). I will never have it that short ever again, it didn't suit me.

FaerieToast
September 26th, 2019, 09:01 AM
A "standard boy's haircut", done by a flowershop friend who cut hair the weekend before my high-school had a stupid 'boys vs girls' week. It certainly made my statement of not just blindly following gender stereotypes way more powerful, since I'd had... not sure how long but, a minimum of mid-back length hair beforehand.

samwoodblack
October 15th, 2019, 01:45 AM
I had a soldier hair style about 2 years

renaatijs
October 15th, 2019, 05:44 AM
1.shoulder length
2.Now they are mid back!

Caribbean_girl
October 22nd, 2019, 12:21 AM
The shortest my hair has been was above my shoulders because of heat damage... My hair just kept breaking off even when I didn’t straighten it! I didn’t care though, I just wanted straight hair. 🤦🏻*♀️ After 11 months of being natural my hair is exactly at armpit length and when I last straightened on October 5 to do a length check it was at mid-back. :)

StellaStellitsa
October 22nd, 2019, 12:30 PM
It was a short boyish cut, maybe what some people call a pixie? I don't know. I was six or seven years old back then. Everyone said that it suited me. Now my hair reaches hipbone when stretched, not long enough to call it hip length yet but close.

lapis_lazuli
October 24th, 2019, 12:07 AM
The shortest haircut I got autonomously was to APL, heavily layered + side bangs - very 2009 8)