PDA

View Full Version : Good conditioner?

FallingDarkness
July 31st, 2019, 09:40 AM
I have been using Shea Moisture daily hydrating conditioner, but it is looking like it's going out of stock at my regular stores. I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations? I was thinking of switching to Aussie Miracle Moist, but don't have much experience.

gingerninja
July 31st, 2019, 02:06 PM
The only conditioner I can think of that's similar to the daily hydrating is the blue one by maui moisture.

My personal favourite conditioner is the coconut one for dry hair by faith in nature.

Kalamazoo
July 31st, 2019, 03:33 PM
You can buy it online. eBay.com or amazon.com or walmart.com or .... A bunch of stores carry it.

OhSuzi
August 1st, 2019, 03:21 AM
After years of trial n errorand searching -
L'oreal Extraordinary conditioner in a turquoise bottle is my current fave - been using it for about 2 years. No silicones etc.
Makes my hair nice n soft - but it's not heavy & currently my hair stays pretty good for a bout 3 / 4 days before getting greasy.
(I use the clay stuff sometimes and their shampoo too)

I have a fancy spensive hair mask conditioner in a yellowy pot - I bought from the hair dresser to full of silicones that I use every now n again
L'Oréal Professionnel Serie Expert Absolut Repair Masque

In fact now I think about it I'm a big fan of l'oreal stuff generally I like their hair oils too and the face mositurisers

Had good results with all their products! (I don't have shares in the company I swear ;) I just really like their stuff!)
Gotta find what works for you tho

Obsidian
August 1st, 2019, 09:06 AM
The aussie mega moist is good but is very coney, it can be a tad heavy if you tend to get build up.

lapushka
August 1st, 2019, 09:20 AM
I have been using Shea Moisture daily hydrating conditioner, but it is looking like it's going out of stock at my regular stores. I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations? I was thinking of switching to Aussie Miracle Moist, but don't have much experience.

Maybe something else by SM, perhaps the raw shea butter restorative one?

FallingDarkness
August 1st, 2019, 08:33 PM
Maybe something else by SM, perhaps the raw shea butter restorative one?

Would that work as a "daily" conditioner? Like....I know I wash every 4 days, but that sounds like maybe more of a deep moisture treatment type of deal perhaps?

gingerninja
August 2nd, 2019, 10:39 AM
In the past I've used raw shea restorative one and it was a slightly heavier conditioner but still not comparable to a deep treatment in my opinion.

Dark40
August 3rd, 2019, 11:10 AM
I agree with everybody. There are a lot of stores that carries it. You can get it from www.amazon.com, www.walmart.com, www.ebay.com, or all over online, and like what gingerninja said about the maui moisture the blue conditioner is just like it.

lapushka
August 3rd, 2019, 11:30 AM
Would that work as a "daily" conditioner? Like....I know I wash every 4 days, but that sounds like maybe more of a deep moisture treatment type of deal perhaps?

No, it is a regular conditioner. It is sold as such, so. I mean it could be that it is somehow "richer" but that is a good thing for detangling, no? I doubt it would weigh the hair down, but there is *always* that possibility. I can't predict that. Unfortunately. And I have no experience with this conditioner myself.

I used to love the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration because it didn't weigh my hair down, it moisturized it *and* it was a superb detangler. Unfortunately we can't get this in Belgium or The Netherlands anymore, but in the US it should be widely available. Does have a couple of silicones though... in case you're not a fan of that. But other than that, it is amazing!

Vacurlylady
August 3rd, 2019, 12:17 PM
No, it is a regular conditioner. It is sold as such, so. I mean it could be that it is somehow "richer" but that is a good thing for detangling, no? I doubt it would weigh the hair down, but there is *always* that possibility. I can't predict that. Unfortunately. And I have no experience with this conditioner myself.

I used to love the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration because it didn't weigh my hair down, it moisturized it *and* it was a superb detangler. Unfortunately we can't get this in Belgium or The Netherlands anymore, but in the US it should be widely available. Does have a couple of silicones though... in case you're not a fan of that. But other than that, it is amazing!

I tried Herbal Essences Hello Hydration because I saw saw your praise of it! It was my first conditioner with cones in years. It is amazing Lapushka! Thank you for the recommendation! 💞

Dark40
August 6th, 2019, 09:58 AM
I tried Herbal Essences Hello Hydration because I saw saw your praise of it! It was my first conditioner with cones in years. It is amazing Lapushka! Thank you for the recommendation! ��

I also praise of it too! I love Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Conditioner! It is amazing!

yulia396
August 6th, 2019, 04:18 PM
I used Aussie 3 Minute Miracle with the SMT and wow. I've never had such glorious slippery hair and the shine was also lovely. First I CO washed it(same conditioner) and then I let the treatment sit for like 1-2h. I used to use Syoss products (the smell really lasts...even 1 week later. The smell is crazy good - the product, not bad either, but I've seen better. However, I still have it in my bathroom cause I love the smell), Schwarzkopf is also nice. The Schwarzkopf GLISS Hair Repair Ultra Moisture Anti Breakage Treatment is wow, really did make my hair stronger and less tangled. And I'm a fool for its smell... that one and a tangle teezer = guaranteed less hair loss. However, except the Aussie which is more bubblegum-y, these have a mall-ish kinda vibe smell, which might not be your thing. You know those mall perfumes, high-maintenance-girl-smell. Not your usual natural, flowery smell. Still, Aussie gives best results as a conditioner, though its strong bubblegum-y sweet smell I prefer the least.

blackgothicdoll
August 6th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Tresemme botanique in the coconut flavor is amazing. I like the GF treats in banana and papaya as well.