PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Shampoo Conditioner

dic00000
July 31st, 2019, 07:36 AM
Any recommendations on shampoo conditioner for fine thin hair? I generally go for volume types since my hair needs it. What has worked for others? I generally just buy whatever I grab off the shelf at the store.

lapushka
July 31st, 2019, 07:43 AM
Any recommendations on shampoo conditioner for fine thin hair? I generally go for volume types since my hair needs it. What has worked for others? I generally just buy whatever I grab off the shelf at the store.

Depends. Do you use sulfate shampoos or sulfate-free ones? Have you ever heard of that?

Generally any shampoo will do, it's not that big of a deal. But some people do want to go without sulfates (harsher detergents). Not that it will make a difference for fine, thin hair. My mom is i thickness and has F hair, and uses sulfates, any ones, just fine!

Cherriezzzzz
July 31st, 2019, 09:13 AM
I'm into organic EVERYTHING so that's one factor in my choice to use Calia. Consider your lifestyle choices... do you like a highly fragrant product? A pretty bottle? This sounds insignificant but it's what usually sells shampoos haha! I used Morrocianoil shampoos for years because the scent was divine! And having long hair whatever you use on your hair you and others will be smelling.

xoAshley
July 31st, 2019, 09:34 AM
Definitely take your water into consideration! I recently moved to an area where I have hard water and was using all natural shampoo and conditioner... my hair has been breaking and hard to even run my fingers through when showering! :( I switched back to my old favorite from long ago... Pantene. I guess my hair really needs the sulfates and cones with the hard water because it FEELS so much better. Still dealing with breakage but I think that’s because the mineral damage was done for so long that it is going to take time to correct that... I have just started washing with bottled water as of yesterday.. extreme but necessary I feel!