PDA

View Full Version : How to keep my hair out of my partner's face while sleeping?

FallingDarkness
July 28th, 2019, 01:31 AM
Hey guys. I now sleep in the same bed as my boyfriend, but unfortunately my hair is all over his face and he complains :( I'm not cutting my hair, but apparently just braiding it isn't enough. What are some styles I could try to help mitigate this issue?

Also he finds silk night caps ugly, so uh....I'm probably not gonna go that route.

enting
July 28th, 2019, 02:51 AM
I have shorter hairs around my face that like to fuzz out and take over neighboring areas. For keeping them to myself while sleeping and not in DH's face, I do a lace rope braid thing from one temple to the other and then incorporate that down into a side braid. A cap of some sort will contain it the best. He may not care as much about the ugliness if it means he doesn't constantly have a faceful of hair...

Aerya
July 28th, 2019, 02:55 AM
Can you bun it loosely in some way? Dutch braids or just multiple braids?

Or just go ahead with the sleep cap anyway. If he complains, just tell him it's either that or hair in his face. It's not like you'll wear it all the time either. :)

GrowlingCupcake
July 28th, 2019, 05:06 AM
Can you bun it loosely in some way? Dutch braids or just multiple braids?

Or just go ahead with the sleep cap anyway. If he complains, just tell him it's either that or hair in his face. It's not like you'll wear it all the time either. :)

This. Either he gets over finding them ugly or he lives with hair in his face.

(Other options are, of course, buns, silk scarves, etc.)

Kat
July 28th, 2019, 06:40 AM
I wear my hair almost exclusively in a braid and have flipped it up over my head-- my ex called it "the scorpion thing."

Otherwise I just take the same care as I take to make sure I'm not lying on it, and put it wherever it needs to go to be out of the way.

Tinyponies
July 28th, 2019, 09:27 AM
I’ve been wondering how on earth does your hair get in your partners face while sleeping unless you are sharing a single bed? Or sharing a pillow?

I adore my sleep cap and wear it any time I feel like resting. Maybe you’ll love yours too, and your partner will love how much you love it.

GrowlingCupcake
July 28th, 2019, 09:28 AM
I’ve been wondering how on earth does your hair get in your partners face while sleeping unless you are sharing a single bed? Or sharing a pillow?

I adore my sleep cap and wear it any time I feel like resting. Maybe you’ll love yours too, and your partner will love how much you love it.

I am a very active sleeper so my hair gets every where. Maybe they have the same issue?

Tinyponies
July 28th, 2019, 09:31 AM
I guess if you don’t share a bed with someone who does it, and don’t do it yourself, there’s no way to appreciate this!

AuntyMiki
July 28th, 2019, 09:55 AM
I'd wear the cap and tell him to go back to sleep and quit being insulting.

Kat
July 28th, 2019, 10:31 AM

Snuggling. I had to do the "scorpion thing" those times when I was on my side and my significant other was against my back. I've also had a significant other lying ON my braid. Someone can be two feet away from me and still within hair's length, after all. And people simply move around when they sleep, and sometimes when they do they end up close together.

Wendyclaire
July 28th, 2019, 03:29 PM
I put mine up in a scrunchie, loosely wrap it a couple times and then pull through the length in kinda a bun when ready for sleep. my hair would be all over the place. It’s not pleasant for the one you sleep with if hair is constantly falling in their face or their getting slapped with a braid or pony! Glad you’re so considerate!

Suortuva
July 28th, 2019, 03:33 PM
That's why I started to use a sleep cap. Having my hair in an updo isn't just enough, because we're always very close each other when falling asleep. Often the sleep cap slips away during the night, but it's not that bad if we're already asleep.

FallingDarkness
July 29th, 2019, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the advice guys! He still seems very opposed to the idea of a sleep cap, but I'll see if I can get him to come around.

bparnell75
July 29th, 2019, 10:36 AM
I put my hair up in a cinnabun on top of my head and use a couple of claw clips to hold it in place. It prevents tangles and does not eve get in my face much less someone elses.

RadioactiveLily
July 29th, 2019, 11:30 AM
I put my hair in a LWB or other center-held bun high on my head with a fork slightly shorter than what I normally use. I used to braid it for bed, but while that kept it from tentacling around hubby’s face and arms, I seemed to get more damage from friction, and tangles at the nape of my neck. You could try a high bun if he doesn’t like the sleep cap, might be more gentle on your hair than a braid anyway. But if you do decide to use a sleep cap, I would just tell him to close his eyes and sleep if it bothers him :P

Bacs
July 29th, 2019, 11:33 AM
I do a single braid and tell my husband that turnabout is fair play if it whacks him in the face. He has long hair that he sleeps with loose, so hair being everywhere is just a thing that happens for us. I agree with what others said about it being either the cap or dealing with the braid in your situation. Good luck with the negotiations ;)