PDA

View Full Version : Black Phoenix Hair Glosses?

UncommonTart
July 22nd, 2019, 10:47 PM
Anyone else in love with Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs Hair Glosses? I have entirely too many, almost all of them LEs, meaning I often have this silly urge to buy multiple bottles of my favorites before they’re “gone”. (It’s silly because a bottle lasts me such a long time- why do I really need more than one?) I don’t know what their ultimate shelf life is, but I’ve some far longer than the advertised six months and never noticed anything “off” about the older ones.

I even gave up on the idea of going completely ‘cone free because I want that shiny BPAL goodness in my hair forever, lol.

I can’t be the only one, right? Oh please don’t let me be the only one with this ridiculous fixation, lol.

lunasea
July 23rd, 2019, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I love em too and I have far too many. I tend to store most of them in the fridge and rotate them out when I want a change. I have some pretty old ones and have never noticed them going off.

ManeGoal
July 25th, 2019, 02:19 PM
Sorry this is not what you were asking about, but it caught my eye because I have heard about hair gloss and wanted to know more about it, does it h help with damaged hair to look healthier?

UncommonTart
July 28th, 2019, 10:18 PM
ManeGoal, it’s got some very nice oils and some light ‘cones in it, so it will make your hair look sleeker and more shiny, but like any oil or silicone treatment, if you use too much it’ll look oily and weighed down. It definitely helps tame my frizz and gives me great shine. It’s not as heavy as some silicone treatments, which tends to mean that it’s not going to do as much of the “heavy lifting” as far as disguising damage, but I would say that overall, yes, it will help damaged hair to look healthier. And FWIW, I really feel like my hair is actually in better condition since I started using it, since it cuts down on tangles (and therefore on me yanking at my hair) and has some “hair healthy” oils in it. But I’ve been using it long term now, for a couple of years, and it’s entirely possible that these changes are due to something else- it’s just hard to tell, you know?

But I’ve got to be one hundred percent honest, I would use it even if it didn’t, because it smells so good. (Before trying it, I regularly used a few drops of their perfume oils in my leave in conditioner, so, yeah, I’m totally in it for the smell.) But I may not be an unbiased opinion, because of this.

Here’s my very best attempt at being completely impartial:

If you’re not opposed to heavier ‘cones, you can get more bang for your buck with a less expensive silicone spray or serum as far as just disguising damage. If you’re trying to avoid heavy ‘cones and want to try something lighter, or something with some beneficial oils that might help protect your hair against further damage as well as disguising damage, or you feel that one of the scents just sounds too delicious to pass up, I’d really recommend trying it.