PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take for hair to fairytale on its own?

Sarnie
July 15th, 2019, 08:00 AM
I'm a big fan of the softer way fairytale ends look. Right now my ends are blunt, and so are my bangs, and I want both to stop being so blunt. How long can I expect to wait for my hair to fairytale on its own?

neko_kawaii
July 15th, 2019, 08:06 AM
That is going to vary from person to person based on hair type, care, and overall environment. I had a bunt cut at just above waist in 2011 and when it reached hip in 2014 it was starting to look fairytaled.

Kalamazoo
July 15th, 2019, 08:13 AM
It depends on how fast your hair grows. I've also read that some parts of the scalp have faster growing follicles than other parts. Average growth = 1cm/month = 0.0333333333cm/day = 0.0000231481cm/minute = 0.0000003858cm/second. Some people's hair grows faster, some slower. An average is an average, after all.

So I can safely say that your hair has already begun fairytaling, but given the growth rate of each follicle on your head, and the texture of each shaft of hair, it's anybody's guess as to how long it will take before you notice it.

If you want The Real Answer, mark your last haircut on your calendar, and then write down on the same calendar, when you first start to notice your new fairytales, then do the math.

ETA: I gave myself a blunt cut recently. While it was straight across the back, when I brought my hair around front, it was fairy-tailed. So a blunt cut is only blunt when the hair is lying in the same position in which it was cut.

AmaryllisRed
July 15th, 2019, 08:45 AM
A long time, in my experience. My last cut was 2 1/2 years ago and I wouldn't consider mine fairytaled. Maybe some would. I don't know.

lapushka
July 15th, 2019, 10:27 AM
I'm a big fan of the softer way fairytale ends look. Right now my ends are blunt, and so are my bangs, and I want both to stop being so blunt. How long can I expect to wait for my hair to fairytale on its own?

I have those kinds of ends, but my hair is layered on purpose.

If you want to grow those out like that, it depends on what your terminal is like. Only time will really tell!

lapushka
July 15th, 2019, 10:28 AM
A long time, in my experience. My last cut was 2 1/2 years ago and I wouldn't consider mine fairytaled. Maybe some would. I don't know.

No I would not call your hemline fairytaled. :flower:

lapushka
July 15th, 2019, 10:29 AM
It depends on how fast your hair grows. I've also read that some parts of the scalp have faster growing follicles than other parts. Average growth = 1cm/month = 0.0333333333cm/day = 0.0000231481cm/minute = 0.0000003858cm/second. Some people's hair grows faster, some slower. An average is an average, after all.

Oh that comes in handy for those of us who are obsessed. LOL! :lol: ;)

No all kidding aside, that's nice to know!

Kalamazoo
July 15th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Life's more fun when you're obsessive!