PDA

View Full Version : Question about hair typing

NyanNinjaGirl
July 14th, 2019, 11:32 PM
I working on taking proper hair type photo, but I have a couple questions.

I wear my hair in a bee butt bun pretty much 24/7, maybe taking it out to sleep. When I take it down my hair is always very curly. Even after washing it seems like it starts twisting itself back together. Could this effect the accuracy of my typing photo? Or is my hair just curlier than I think it is? I don't think it is possible to alter your hair type, but could my hair have been trained to twist up? Is there any way to negate this effect?

Simsy
July 15th, 2019, 12:04 AM
The bee-but will be affecting things; it’s used as a heat-free curling method for a reason. When you wash your hair, do you dry loose or do you put it up until it’s dry?

It’s also entirely possibly that you have more curl than you realise; stealth curls are a lot more common than I ever realised.

leayellena
July 15th, 2019, 01:54 AM
Haha no! I did this mistake few times and that's why I thought I had 2a/2b wavy hair.

lapushka
July 15th, 2019, 05:15 AM
I working on taking proper hair type photo, but I have a couple questions.

I wear my hair in a bee butt bun pretty much 24/7, maybe taking it out to sleep. When I take it down my hair is always very curly. Even after washing it seems like it starts twisting itself back together. Could this effect the accuracy of my typing photo? Or is my hair just curlier than I think it is? I don't think it is possible to alter your hair type, but could my hair have been trained to twist up? Is there any way to negate this effect?

For hairtyping, you need to just wash, maybe condition it, wring it out (squeegee it carefully), then you can put it up in a towel, take it out and then you have to leave it alone, no combing, brushing, or bunning, nothing. Then when it is dry take a picture of the back of your head.

When it is freshly washed, nothing affects it, but you have to follow the hairtyping rules.

NyanNinjaGirl
July 15th, 2019, 10:54 AM
The bee-but will be affecting things; it’s used as a heat-free curling method for a reason. When you wash your hair, do you dry loose or do you put it up until it’s dry?

It’s also entirely possibly that you have more curl than you realise; stealth curls are a lot more common than I ever realised.

I dry loose. It can take days to dry if I put it up wet.