PDA

View Full Version : Special hairdos for special days

zashin66
July 4th, 2019, 08:27 AM
Today is a big American holiday. Fourth of July. We usually have parades and family get-togethers and end the day with big firework displays after all-day cookouts and barbeques. Does anyone have special holidays in their City/country that they have special hairdos for?? I would love to see the traditional or unusual from around the world. Thought it might be a good topic for a new thread.

AutobotsAttack
July 4th, 2019, 01:22 PM
I mostly just go all out for my birthday. I know it’s not a holiday, but it’s a speacial day for me.
Since my hair isn’t naturally straight, and I usually have it braided or twisted, so on my birthday, and sometimes Christmas I completely straighten my hair. Silk press/wrap, and add serums, whole nine yards.

zashin66
July 4th, 2019, 03:26 PM
I mostly just go all out for my birthday. I know it’s not a holiday, but it’s a speacial day for me.
Since my hair isn’t naturally straight, and I usually have it braided or twisted, so on my birthday, and sometimes Christmas I completely straighten my hair. Silk press/wrap, and add serums, whole nine yards.

Who says birthdays aren't a holiday. I didn't get that memo. I'll need to have a discussion with my personal secretary about missing that one.
Your hair must be so pretty. My hair is naturally coarse so I should try the silk wrap. It just sounds soft. I might try that for Christmas. Lately I've been wearing my hair down except at work.

g_lou
July 4th, 2019, 03:51 PM
I love the idea of a special hairdo! One of my favourite holidays is May Day (not just because of the 3 day weekend...) - I'm not sure if it counts as a hairdo but we wear yellow or white flowers in our hair and I've always thought it was a lovely tradition. I think some places do an Easter hairstyle competition instead of bonnets too.

zashin66
July 4th, 2019, 04:19 PM
I love the idea of a special hairdo! One of my favourite holidays is May Day (not just because of the 3 day weekend...) - I'm not sure if it counts as a hairdo but we wear yellow or white flowers in our hair and I've always thought it was a lovely tradition. I think some places do an Easter hairstyle competition instead of bonnets too.

Saw a YouTube video that turned hair into a hat and then a bouquet of flowers. Private hobby watching hairdo videos...

AutobotsAttack
July 4th, 2019, 05:03 PM
Who says birthdays aren't a holiday. I didn't get that memo. I'll need to have a discussion with my personal secretary about missing that one.
Your hair must be so pretty. My hair is naturally coarse so I should try the silk wrap. It just sounds soft. I might try that for Christmas. Lately I've been wearing my hair down except at work.

If I got a paid holiday for my birthday that would be awesome lol
After watching a bunch of silk wrap videos I think I got the jist of it down.

Hedvig
July 5th, 2019, 08:31 PM
I love this idea. When my skillz are more developed and I no longer have tiny babies I have to get on this. With ribbons corresponding to the holiday. I can just see tiny American flags instead of hair sticks. Or candy canes. Or purple and pink and green ribbons for Easter.

zashin66
July 6th, 2019, 12:16 AM
What a neat idea for hair sticks.

AutobotsAttack
July 6th, 2019, 05:20 AM
What a neat idea for hair sticks.

I was thinking for Christmas do like candy cane themed sticks

AutobotsAttack
July 6th, 2019, 05:20 AM
Sorry, double posted.

zashin66
July 6th, 2019, 09:25 PM