PDA

View Full Version : are you "shocked" ...

carolineb
November 7th, 2008, 06:01 AM
... when you see how long your hair is?

i mean, my on-its-way-to-hips hair has never been so long, but i am aiming at extreme lengths.
So far i am happy with my hair, but i sometimes think that it will never grow to knees...

When you started growing, did you ever believe you would reach the length you are at now?

Siava
November 7th, 2008, 06:03 AM
I'm not really a longhair yet, but every now and then I notice growth and it's great!

Robbi Dehlinger
November 7th, 2008, 06:05 AM
I am hoping for that to happen, actually I am amazed at how much it has grown in one year:)

Hope you reach your goal length faster than ever!

suicides_eve
November 7th, 2008, 06:32 AM
not really shocked. i made the conscious decision to grow my hair back to bsl after i fried it all off.. Nearly waist was the longest its ever been

BlndeInDisguise
November 7th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Yeah, sometimes when I see pictures of my hair I think "Wow, my hair really IS long!"

The funny thing is, I don't really think of myself as being a super longhair. I see pictures of people on here with knee length+ hair, and think it looks so awesome, and I actually catch myself wishing I had hair that long. Uuuum, I DO! It probably has something to do with my "Blondeness" (see username ;)

Islandgrrl
November 7th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Yeah, sometimes when I see pictures of my hair I think "Wow, my hair really IS long!"

The funny thing is, I don't really think of myself as being a super longhair. I see pictures of people on here with knee length+ hair, and think it looks so awesome, and I actually catch myself wishing I had hair that long. Uuuum, I DO! It probably has something to do with my "Blondeness" (see username ;)

Ha! I used to do that all the time. My hair never felt long to me. I'd see someone with gorgeous TBL or classic hair and think, oh, how I wish my hair could be that long.....and my hair WAS at knee length.

So no, my hair never feels as long to me as it is in actuality.

Drynwhyl
November 7th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Sometimes I am... when I realised my hair touches my bum when I lean it back just a wee bit, I was thrilled :D

Climber
November 7th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Not quite shocked, but a little surprised. I wear updos 90% of the time, and the other 9.99% is some kind of braid. Pretty much the only time it's down is when it's drying (or if my scrunchie falls out in the grocery store:p). So the few times I may catch a glimpse in the mirror of the length I do get surprised. My hair's crawling on past classic length, though I may trim it back to classic to even up the ends.

Kaeri
November 7th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Nothing recent but I remember when I first realised that I could feel my hair touching my elbow or below on my arms as I walked if I had it down - that was a nice suprise. (It stubbornly stayed at BSL for years before that)

Amoretti
November 7th, 2008, 07:51 AM
I'm very surprised to be past classic because my original goal was BSL.

Tressie
November 7th, 2008, 08:08 AM
As Climber said, not quite shocked really but maybe pleasantly surprised. Especially now that I wear it up a majority of the time (since finding LHC), though I am still somewhat updo challenged I am getting a little less all thumbs! :p

I do wear my hair down about once a week on a regular basis, and I curl the ends usually. I can now extend my arm down beside my body and curl my hand behind my back to touch the curling ends thereby surreptitiouly "petting" my own hair. Does this make me a hair perv if I confine myself to my own hair? (o: As DH has been known to say, "all seriousness aside", I experienced a great feeling of satisfaction the first time I realized it was that long! :D I am in "longer than ever before" territory and I am excited to see how long I can grow and hopefully still maintain healthy looking length.

I know I've found the place and the friends to help me achieve terminal length at least! :cheese:

Next stop: CLASSIC!!!!

spidermom
November 7th, 2008, 08:39 AM
I do get that feeling. My hair is the longest it has ever been by a lot.

joyfulmom4
November 7th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Yes, there are definitely times when I am shocked.

I was stunned when I realized my hair had reached tailbone length. One day I sat down on top of my hair and it caught me entirely by surprise. I couldn't figure out when it had gone from just below my waist to all the way down there.

And just a few weeks ago, I was at a children's museum with my kids, using one of those "shadow rooms" (they flash light on a white background and leave an impression of your shadow) and I was shocked by the appearance of my hair on my shadows. I actually have to admit that the impression in that case was not favorable. It was like a hair monster! But I don't think that's a good representation.

When I had my dd take a pic of me from the back to see the length, it really did surprise me to see how long it was. I hadn't realized what it looked like. At least I liked the appearance in the real photos (as opposed to the shadows). :)

sahiba
November 7th, 2008, 09:11 AM
No , I never thought I would be this long ever .And if I become knee length :happydance:

RavenDream
November 7th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I'm shocked when I wear my hair in half ups. That's when the length is most noticable.

Jessikinz
November 7th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I never thought I could grow my hair past BSL. Now my hair is at waist and it has never been this long ever. I'm very surprised, cause its up all the time in buns and braids. So when I get a look at in the mirror, my jaw drops.

savi
November 7th, 2008, 01:44 PM
It is a pleasant surprise when I feel a nudge on my hair and realise it is because I'm leaning on it. Beause it's so long already. I think I'm blind to the lenght I see when looking at the mirror.

BlndeInDisguise
November 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Ha! I used to do that all the time. My hair never felt long to me. I'd see someone with gorgeous TBL or classic hair and think, oh, how I wish my hair could be that long.....and my hair WAS at knee length.

So no, my hair never feels as long to me as it is in actuality.

I'm glad someone else has mental lapses like me. :p I realized how silly it sounded when I typed it out. And the really scary thing is, my hair has been at knee length for years, and I still haven't figured that out.

Copasetic
November 7th, 2008, 02:52 PM
i am not shocked. most of the time i feel like my hair can't grow fast enough :mad:

jojo
November 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM
I have been a longer in the past but i am shocked when I catch sight of my fringe, this is the longest it has ever been and I kind of like the no fringe look, now i have got used to it.

paper
November 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Not shocked, but surprised every month when I take progress pics. It's like, wow it really did grow! :)

Euphony
November 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I get shocked sometimes, and I get the "it's not that long" thought and I also get the wow her hair is so long - only to later realize mine is actually longer.

The longest my hair has ever been before now was bsl - I had a false terminal at that length due to the vent brush I used to rip through it several times a day.

Now if my hair is down I occasionally catch a glimpse of a curl bouncing around my hip under my arm and realize it is long!

Alethia
November 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
When I saw this pic on my friend's Facebook page I was shocked! It was a 70's party, so please don't think I go around in boots like that or dressed like that all the time!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f198/Alethia99/Hair/Annasparty.jpg

Raven69
November 7th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Yes, definately. Especially since posting my pics back from when I was 17 years old in my album and then looking at the pictures I took when I was 20/21 years old...and the big difference and fast hair growth, from my waist to TB which seemed like forever...but only recently have I reached TB.

fleurdelis
November 7th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Yeah, in vacations I looked at a photo wher somebody was head down, doing water machine and then I thought..wow, such a long hair, who is ti?! And it was me..nice feeling :)

Curlsgirl
November 7th, 2008, 05:05 PM
I am always shocked when I realize my hair is NOT long really to me anyway. Sometimes when I see pictures I am more surprised but in mirrors no, seems shorter.

Stagecoach
November 7th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I'm only shocked when I see it in pictures... somehow, when I look in the mirror it seems... well, not exactly short, but never long.

harley mama
November 7th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I am not shocked because I still don't feel like a long hair. :(
I hope when my hair is TB or longer, I will enjoy the shock! :)

Forever_Sophie
November 7th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Having gone through chemo and initially aiming for bra strap length, feeling it around my waist is amazing :)

DecafJane
November 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I always am when I see the back of my hair (I think, "Wow, I didn't realise it was already that long!") and it isn't even really long yet! :D

RedJen
November 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I'm glad someone else has mental lapses like me. :p I realized how silly it sounded when I typed it out. And the really scary thing is, my hair has been at knee length for years, and I still haven't figured that out.

I get shocked sometimes, and I get the "it's not that long" thought and I also get the wow her hair is so long - only to later realize mine is actually longer.

The longest my hair has ever been before now was bsl - I had a false terminal at that length due to the vent brush I used to rip through it several times a day.

Now if my hair is down I occasionally catch a glimpse of a curl bouncing around my hip under my arm and realize it is long!

I do the same thing! I find myself looking at mirrors and pictures and being surprised at the length!

Sherri
November 7th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I am hoping when i get to classic i will say wow now i've got some long hair but I guess right now i feel it is still short:shrug:

Gecko
November 7th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Not really shocked, but it is longer than it's ever been and that makes me happy. Although it doesn't seem long yet; I know it is longer.

squiggyflop
November 8th, 2008, 05:03 AM
i was sort of shocked yesterday.. i looked at my hair after i washed it and thought.. wow this might actually be considered long.. i might have long hair.. when did that happen? ive sort of been waiting to be able to say that i have long hair.. ive got waist length hair with bluntish ends.. i swear those blunt ends really make a difference in how i see it.. last time i got to waist the ends were thin and i still felt like my hair was short..

Chromis
November 8th, 2008, 05:08 AM
I forget and am surprised by it now and then but am not shocked.

Shocked is when I realize I have the longest hair in the room by far and I'm not even quite classic!

BunnyBee
November 8th, 2008, 05:11 AM
I was - just before I got it cut and started to take care of it. It's like I never noticed my hair before that hehe but now I'm shocked at how 'short' it is (nearing BSL) :(

Nes
November 8th, 2008, 05:23 AM
I was shocked the other day when I compared my latest picture of my hair from the back to a picture from 6 months ago.

It refused to get past waist for about 4 years (I was flat ironing and using SLS poo) and I was convinced that waist was terminal for me.

It surprises me all the time now when I realised I am at "can I call this TB?!"

It seems like we always think our own hair is shorter than it actually is.

Nes x

Dianyla
November 8th, 2008, 05:26 AM
No. I'm shocked when I look at old photos and see how short it was. :p

akka naeda
November 8th, 2008, 05:50 AM
I think of my hair as being the length of my plait - about classic - because that's how I have it most days. On the occasions I do have it loose, I'm then shocked at its length - it's about knee, perhaps a bit below by now. I've been known to look at pictures of people with thigh length hair and think how nice it will be when my hair gets to that length.....

30isthenewblack
November 8th, 2008, 05:54 AM

My hair is not as long as yours but I was excited to see my hair swinging under my arm when it was wet. I kept on swinging it back and forth haha.

orbiting
November 8th, 2008, 06:46 AM
To be honest, its BSL and all I think is "why is it so short? when will it be long??" and I usually have the longest hair in the room :P

I get the "wow. when did it get that long" thought when I'm undressed and I lean back and can feel my hair on my hip.

EdG
November 8th, 2008, 07:05 AM
My last pleasant surprise was in mid-2007, when my hair started brushing the top of my calves. :cheese:

Normally, my hair length doesn't surprise me. I've had long hair for many years. :)
Ed

Thrasher07
November 8th, 2008, 07:51 AM
My hair is the longest it's ever been right now. I always get the family comments about 'wow it's long now!'. I suppose I was surprised when I first took the time to see it from the back. I have ex-bangs (about APL now) so they used to sort of make me forget the length of the rest

Robbi Dehlinger
November 8th, 2008, 09:23 AM
This morning after washing and conditioning and it had dreid a little bit, I looked in the mirror and said WOW! Look at all this hair! I was happy:)

RedJen
November 8th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Shocked is when I realize I have the longest hair in the room by far and I'm not even quite classic!

I remember when my hair was that length. I didn't like having the longest hair in the room-- it made me sad that other women didn't have longer hair.

I would be *thrilled* not to have the longest hair in the room now-- it would be so cool to meet someone in real life with hair longer than mine.

Tangles
November 8th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I always thought it would be nice to wear my hair up everyday for months and then let it down and have a stroke. :)

Shadow Walker
November 8th, 2008, 12:02 PM
Not shocked. My hair is almost at waist length and it still doesn't feel like it's that long, and when I look at it in the mirror the only thing I think of is how I wish it would be much longer.

CopperHead
November 8th, 2008, 01:03 PM
When my hair was a little past tailbone, I looked at the back of it in the mirror. I rarely do this so it was a huge shock to see how long it was. It is now approaching tailbone again, so I guess I should take another look. ;)

Lady Lilya
November 8th, 2008, 01:35 PM
This morning after washing and conditioning and it had dreid a little bit, I looked in the mirror and said WOW! Look at all this hair! I was happy:)

I always love to hear things like that. :)

SearMeCarefully
November 8th, 2008, 01:41 PM
It's funny because I don't feel like my hair is that long.. everyone says it is.. and then I will randomly catch a glimpse and I'm like woa my hair is pretty long!
Lol just like my boobs, I usually don't think they're big, but every now and then I'm all holy crap!! heheh

Elenna
November 8th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Admittedly, my wurly hair was blown out straight, but I was very surprised yesterday because my hair is @ BSL.

I wasn't expecting hair to hit BSL after only a year and a half of growing from SL.

I can celebrate now because BSL was my goal.

nicolezoie
November 8th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Considering the only way I can view my full length in good lighting is if I stand on my bathtub edge and look at it in the medicine cabinet... the other day when I had my hair in a loose braid, and the braid ended at my knees, and the tassel a little below, yeah, I was shocked...

Robbi Dehlinger
November 8th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I always love to hear things like that. :)

I always like having it happen:):cheese:

tsc
November 8th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I am constantly shocked.

See a pretty updo...Oh I'll never have enough hair to do that, but I'll try it anyway. Oh, crap...it works!

Or when I take it out when it's been braided for a week or two and it hits new parts of my body.

Isblå
November 8th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Yes. I'm shocked all the time now, because my waves have morphed to strong S-waves mixed with spirals all over. Before finding LHC I had an odd spiral once in a while, I think it must have something to do with moisture. But still, I am constantly shocked!

Euphony
November 8th, 2008, 08:43 PM
My hair is not as long as yours but I was excited to see my hair swinging under my arm when it was wet. I kept on swinging it back and forth haha.
Doesn't that just look incredible!?! It just seems so surreal I guess, I do that under arm thing even now - but it's really only been long enough to see it under my arm for a little more than a year.

lorig713
November 9th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Yes, I am shocked. Braid is almost reaching knee length. Loose is at knee length. My initial goal was 40" which was just a nice, even number that I pulled out of the sky. After reaching 40", I had no other goal but would just see what happens. Wondering if I'll reach 50" (just 2 more inches to go).

Robbi Dehlinger
November 9th, 2008, 10:48 PM
Yes, I am shocked. Braid is almost reaching knee length. Loose is at knee length. My initial goal was 40" which was just a nice, even number that I pulled out of the sky. After reaching 40", I had no other goal but would just see what happens. Wondering if I'll reach 50" (just 2 more inches to go).

I LOVE you picture. I want "hair that I can wear!" *giggle*

Rhabhekkha
November 9th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Every now and then it shocks me. The first time I tried to get out of bed and found that I was pinned in place because I was laying on my hair... that shocked me. Same the first time I got stuck because I was sitting on it. :lol:

willowcandra
November 10th, 2008, 06:46 AM
sometimes I catch a glimpse of my braid in a shop window and feel shocked.

If my hair is down it's wierd when it touches my leg and hands. From the back it's classic which means at the front it's brushing my thigh. Every now and then I realise just how long it is.

Sometimes other people are surprised and I am puzzled for a second lol. Then I realise yeah it is quite long.

lorig713
November 15th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I LOVE you picture. I want "hair that I can wear!" *giggle*

Robbi, Thank you very much! :blossom:

Leisha
November 15th, 2008, 04:08 PM
When I see the back of my head (doesn't happen very often and it's usually on photos :D) with my hair down (happens even less :lol: ), I usually am pretty shocked!

In my head, my hair is about waist length. Or even just getting there. (Probably not coincidence that I often cut back to waist length).

In reality I'm at TB (which is usually the time when I cut! hehe).

I just don't wear my hair down very often (at all), so I don't really get confronted with the length of my hair a lot! :)

30isthenewblack
November 15th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I am not officially measuring my hair but the other day I pulled the longest piece to the front and measured how long it would take to reach my hips and it was only 4" :cheese:

Mishka_84
November 15th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Yes, I was shocked the other day, by Manderly, when she told me my hair was almost to waist, and it was in a pony tail! Lol, I almost didn't believe her, saying no, I just hit BSL, can't be to waist yet. But that night I had to let it down and measure it. Sure enough, just 2 inches away from waist!!! Yippee!!! :D

Jean_Grey
November 15th, 2008, 07:46 PM
Yes, I'm shocked all the time. I can't believe that my hair is actually at my waist! And in good shape, too. It seems every time before now I've ever gotten to BSL before, the ends have been so awful that I've cut it to APL.

I'm very proud that I've figured out some ways to keep it healthy and strong! I'm almost where I want to be now. :)

winter_star
November 15th, 2008, 11:50 PM
I never usually consider myself to have long hair, but sometimes when I walk past a mirror or see my reflection in a window I think "WOW thats getting long!"

It always seems longer when I stop trying to analyse it so much.