PDA

View Full Version : Searchin for Natural coloured Veggie Dyes

OhSuzi
July 2nd, 2019, 08:24 AM
Allo Sorry - Im pretty sure there is already a thready question about this somewhere but I'll be blowed if I can find it!!! - If you want to pin this question to it / add the link to the appropraite thread please do!

Enjoying my natural brunetteness but want to add a goldier /reddier honey warm shiny tint to it in the light & make my sprinkling of greys a little less obvious.

I can think of Manic Panic / Directions / Crazy Colour and Lime Crime Unicorn Tints for pre made not too expensive veggie dyes that you stick in and eventually wash out.

But these guys don't seem to have any more natural caramelly / honey colours though.

1. Do you know of a veggie dye that does naturall colours.
2. Has any one tried dying say, Yellow or Peach colours over their dark brown hair - it's obvs not going to go bright yellow or orange - but did it add a goldier shine - or did it look brassy and weird and still kind of an unnatural shine - or did it have zero effect?

Many Thanks Hive Mind!

Aerya
July 2nd, 2019, 09:08 AM
Adore, I think. There are also these things called colour bombs, like the ones from Maverick. Revlon has some too. I think they have some coppery colours. I'm not sure if anything semi-permanent would stick in virgin hair though, but that probably depends on your hair.

OhSuzi
July 2nd, 2019, 09:14 AM
brill thanks! Ill give Adore a crack!

Sparkles122
July 2nd, 2019, 09:45 AM
I use adore in medium brown and occasionally dark brown. I got bleach highlights in november and hated them, a week later I dyed my hair back to brown as close as my natural color as I could get it. The adore has prevented fading on those bleached parts (and it was a heavy highlight) and it does keep it really dark. It doesnt really stick too well on the almost 5 inches of natural regrowth I have. But for me that is ok, because im trying to grow out my natural color anyway. I dont follow the directions like it says. I flip my head over into the sink, wet my hair and then finger comb the adore through it, i let it sit for 5 minutes then shampoo and condition. I dont get uneven color and I try to do it once a week

OhSuzi
July 3rd, 2019, 03:43 AM
Cool! Thanks guys!
I've purchased a goldy brown adore hairdye no 46 spiced amber - its prob about 1 or 2 levels lighter than my hair (im about a level 5 darkish brunette) - but Im not hoping for drastic colour change just a sheen of honey gold when the light hits it & less noticeable greys - we'll see! I've saved some shed hairs enough for a thin plait - so Ill prob do a test on that!
After 2 years I still dont understand how to put pics up on here - but Ill let you know the result!