PDA

View Full Version : Someone wanted to take over the "no-trimming" challenges!

lapushka
June 30th, 2019, 04:27 AM
I am going to stop doing these. Yes, yes I am!

I have reached my goal length.

I will be maintaining my classic length as that is the most comfortable for me (I can't stop trimming it back). I just compact cut it back about an inch this wash day (on wet hair) and am apparently still classic.

These challenges are set up to 2021, and I will still be doing those up to 2021!

But as of 2022, I would like to find someone else to do these faithfully year after year, also to maintain the 2 halves.

All I ask is that you maintain the first message (as people get their info from there) and the rules in said message. If you want to change anything about those rules, please make a poll or a thread, and ask people for their input. Just as I did when I changed the trimming timelines.

Candidates?

Let me know, and if there are multiple people, please decide among yourselves or maybe I'll set up a poll, or something.

We'll see.

pixitolong
June 30th, 2019, 07:49 AM
I am only new so I wouldn't want to take over...but I would happily join someone else as I am not trimming/cutting my hair until at least 2022 as my own personal goal so who ever would like to start/take over please know I will join. Glad to hear you are happy with your length. I'm hoping one day I will be happy with my hair again.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
June 30th, 2019, 08:54 AM
I think no one is going to be able to fill your shoes.

However I would love to take over the "no trimming " challenges from 2022.

Chromis
June 30th, 2019, 09:12 AM
If people wish to keep posting on the thread, they may do so. There is no need for the original poster to "maintain" a thread. - Mod

lapushka
June 30th, 2019, 10:13 AM
Chromis that wasn't the thing. I'm just looking for someone to be the OP on these challenges from now on. That's all. Since I've been doing them for a couple years. It ensures that there is something for people to fall back on as the challenge itself is "quite" popular (if I do say so myself), and I'd feel better. It's consistent and it ensures fluidity with the challenge itself. I think that's important. And it's become a bit of a staple thread, IMMHO. :flower:

That is why I'm asking.

Kat-Rinnč Naido, you can do them as far as I'm concerned! First come first served. ;)

ETA/ Chromis, I don't think I'm doing much "maintaining" on the challenge threads, I OP'd it and it has gone on from there. I never thought I should maintain the thread at all. I pop in now and again and wish newcomers welcome and things like that.

But that wasn't why I created this thread. :flower:

neko_kawaii
June 30th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Why not just set up the next ten years worth of threads if you just want to make sure they will exist without you. You already have a few years out.

lapushka
June 30th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Yeah, I kinda do have a few years worth of them... LOL. This stems back from the days I thought I could grow to knee. Boy, was I ever wrong on that!!! Bummer, but hey, what can you do?

But things can change. Maybe people want to change the trimming period in future, things like that. I could then change the first message but not on say 10 years' worth of threads (with halves to boot), so that's kind of... a lot for me. It has to be do-able. :) And I kind of want to be nice and quiet and maintain my hair from now on. :o

Chromis
June 30th, 2019, 11:07 AM
Chromis that wasn't the thing. I'm just looking for someone to be the OP on these challenges from now on. That's all. Since I've been doing them for a couple years. It ensures that there is something for people to fall back on as the challenge itself is "quite" popular (if I do say so myself), and I'd feel better. It's consistent and it ensures fluidity with the challenge itself. I think that's important. And it's become a bit of a staple thread, IMMHO. :flower:

That is why I'm asking.

We have plenty of large popular threads where the OP has moved on. It's really not an issue! No one is compelled to stay interested in a certain topic or even the site itself for the sake of their threads. It's okay.

MusicalSpoons
June 30th, 2019, 11:33 AM
I understand wanting to be sure the challenges are going to continue, wanting to 'pass the baton', as it were. I think 2022 may be slightly distant to worry about it *just* yet though :) if this thread doesn't yield anyone who is definitely and immediately interested, maybe just mention it across the challenge threads nearer the time (or even put a note in the opening posts of the threads, if you haven't already). I think the 'X length by Year' threads have shown that there are always people willing to set things up, even if each year's no-trimming ended up posted by a different person. The no-trimming challenges are certainly well-established by now and there will always be participants so they will surely continue, whether someone signs up for indefinite curating or just a year at a time :flower:

(Right now, I'd probably be happy to volunteer but I have no idea what my life will be like in 2021/22 onwards! I couldn't possibly commit to something that far ahead, and maybe that's one reason there hasn't immediately been a crowd of people eager to take over.)

AmaryllisRed
June 30th, 2019, 02:29 PM
Ha! I probably won't even be a long-hair by 2022! :rollin:

eadwine
June 30th, 2019, 02:40 PM
You never know what is around the corner.. not to be morbid but some of us might not even make it to '22. Let's see about things when '22 is actually here. I'm sure when you're still around you'll start that thread yourself ;)

lapushka
June 30th, 2019, 03:03 PM
We have plenty of large popular threads where the OP has moved on. It's really not an issue! No one is compelled to stay interested in a certain topic or even the site itself for the sake of their threads. It's okay.

IDK, I would be so sad not to see it move on... But maybe I'm worrying over nothing. :shrug:

You never know what is around the corner.. not to be morbid but some of us might not even make it to '22. Let's see about things when '22 is actually here. I'm sure when you're still around you'll start that thread yourself ;)

True. :) Who knows. I even might. LOL!

No no, I'm ready to pass it along to someone else.

I am going to be maintaining classic indefinitely. I get so annoyed when it even grows a tad longer than classic lately.

Groovy Granny
June 30th, 2019, 03:40 PM
Ha! I probably won't even be a long-hair by 2022! :rollin:
LOL true :thumbsup:

You never know what is around the corner.. not to be morbid but some of us might not even make it to '22. )

Personally ~ that was the first thought that came to my mind when I read the thread :flower:

These days I take it one day at a time, and even completing the day is not assured :shrug:

So 2022 is too far out there for me to worry about :lol:

leayellena
July 1st, 2019, 01:09 AM
there's allways the no trimming club you can join for half a year or a year then get out whenever you want.

shaluwm_agape
July 1st, 2019, 01:55 AM
I can do it if you'd like

lapushka
July 1st, 2019, 06:59 AM
I can do it if you'd like

If Kat-Rinnč Naido passes on wanting to do it, you can post them if you like as of 2022. I know you guys it's a long LONG time away, but I tend to freak out in situations like this (totally unnecessary, I know, I know).

Or maybe one can do the full year ones, and one can do the halves? IDK. Just throwing that idea out there.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
July 1st, 2019, 01:47 PM
Thank you lapushka I accept :blossom:

lapushka
July 1st, 2019, 02:38 PM
Thank you lapushka I accept :blossom:

It's fully yours! :D You were first here to answer, and I love someone who's eager to go! :)