PDA

View Full Version : Vinegar Rinse advice

Hayhay
June 29th, 2019, 10:56 AM
Hoping to get some advice as I appear to have done my vinegar rinse wrong. I had been reading up on ACV rinses and thought I would try it out. Couldn’t see any ACV in the store though so bought cider vinegar (figured they wouldn’t be too different). Put together what I assumed was a diluted mixture (2 tbsp and the rest of a bottle with cold water). Went on fine and great results. The next day however my scalp just went insanely itchy (I’ve never experienced anything like it and I can get pretty bad eczema).
That was Wednesday and now I’m having to wash & exfoliate my hair/scalp daily to stop the itching. Any suggestions how to improve my scalp? I now have a bottle of ACV but don’t want the same experience so reluctant to use it. Any advice/tips would be useful. Thanks.

milosmomma
June 29th, 2019, 01:09 PM
I'm not quite sure but sometimes my scalp feels itchy after a vinegar rinse too. I assumed it was because i make a pretty strong g dilution. What if you tried diluting g more and see if the itches subside? I like to make my strong g mixture, dump half on my head and fill up with more water further diluting, dump half and repeat until it's pretty watery and I cant smell vinegar except very faintly. I haven't been itchy since diluting this way. I think my hair needs the strong dilution to get the benefits but my scalp wants just a bit more rinsing.

yl
June 29th, 2019, 01:18 PM
I suffer from ocasional eczema and I find that the acv rinse helps a lot, I massage it into my scalp, leave it for 5 minutes and then wash it off with water only, maybe you should dilute it more/less, it really depends!

MusicalSpoons
June 30th, 2019, 06:00 AM
How big was the bottle you used? Lots of recipes I see call for a gallon bottle (3+ litres) so if that was the case and you used something like 300ml or 500ml it would be too strong.

You also just may not need the rinse. Do you mind telling us what you were wanting it to help with?

Hayhay
June 30th, 2019, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. It was just a regular 500ml bottle. Think it was definitely too strong and burnt my scalp.
Been using a shampoo bar the past month. Started off well, hair/scalp healthy. Transition period was 1 wash. Then after a trip to the hairdressers my hair would turn limp/oily after 1 day. Had hoped a rinse may have sorted it ☹️☹️

MusicalSpoons
June 30th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Oh I see. How long ago was the hairdresser trip? I wonder if they used something (or things) full of silicones, which would make your hair behave differently. Maybe, not sure.