PDA

View Full Version : 7 years later... No more dye

oceanwoman111
June 27th, 2019, 04:27 PM
I've been away from LHC since 2012. I joined in 2010 and learned a great deal about hair care, diet and made some amazing friends. It's crazy how fast time flies. I reached my hair goals of gorgeous, waist length hair and then over the years my hair got so thin from semi-permanent dye that I had cut it to bra line recently, the shortest it's been in years. I'm back to get my hair on track and cutting out dye for good. Any suggestions for thickening my hair at this point and repairing the damage from years of color? Thank you :)

Ylva
June 27th, 2019, 04:36 PM
You could try Olaplex to repair a bit of the dye damage. Don't expect miracles, but it's among the only things that CAN actually repair hair. :)

lapushka
June 27th, 2019, 04:45 PM
No suggestions, just that Ylva knows her Olaplex! And when she says it's good, I'd believe her!

Welcome back! :)

Ylva
June 27th, 2019, 04:51 PM
No suggestions, just that Ylva knows her Olaplex! And when she says it's good, I'd believe her!

A year+ ago, it totally transformed my damaged hair which had been bleached several times (mostly at home with 40 vol. developer). Everyone with chemical damage should totally give it a try! :)

TatsuOni
June 28th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Welcome back! :) I micro trimmed to get rid of the damaged, when I grew out bleach and dye. I don't really have any suggestions.

oceanwoman111
June 28th, 2019, 12:30 PM
I'll look into it Ylva, thank you so much :)

oceanwoman111
June 28th, 2019, 12:32 PM
Thank you Lapushka!! It's great to be back :D

Kat-Rinnč Naido
June 29th, 2019, 12:18 AM
Welcome back and happy growing. Dont give up on your natural hair it's a slow growing process to healthy hair. Good luck.