PDA

View Full Version : Experiment over! From floor+ to mid-calf :D

gossamer
June 27th, 2019, 08:45 AM
Hello friends!

As some eagle-eyed followers over on instagram (https://www.instagram.com/gossycrafts/) noticed, I cut my hair finally. It's still pretty long tho :lol:

The most immediate catalyst was a family cruise my partner and I went on with his parents, about which the thought of trying to manage floor+ length hair in a tiny cabin made me particularly unexcited to attempt, but the real reason is that it was just finally time to declare my "where on earth is my terminal length?" experiment over.

If I didn't actually reach terminal, I know that my growth rate was exceptionally slow for my longest hairs, and also that they were in really fragile condition. And stepping on them wasn't helping with that fragility, even though my hair is up 95% of the time (if not even more).

Before my partner helped me cut, he first helped me take some photographs that I wasn't able to do myself with just my tripod and camera timer:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37225&d=1560047829

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37224&d=1560047819

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37440&d=1561646071

And here are some after photos!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37442&d=1561646131

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37443&d=1561646165

Saved the artsy one for last :p
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37441&d=1561646099

I'm glad to have had the experience of floor+ length hair for the last few years, but I'm also really happy with going back to mid-calf length. Updos are going to take a while to get used to now that I don't have super convenient fairy tale ends to tuck in, but I'm really not missing stepping on it while it's down (or, even, while my loose braid wasn't bunned).

Happy growing to you all! Obviously, my hair's still growing too, just with my ends further from the floor than they were before :silly:

spidermom
June 27th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Gorgeous before, gorgeous after. I love your photos.

SimplySmile
June 27th, 2019, 09:11 AM
Lovely post. Your ends look so thick! :o You must have cut off about a foot of hair! I hope you enjoy the adjustment time of learning how to manage your new hair length and discovering new styles!

Genne
June 27th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Wow,
Lovely pictures and nicely done in all.
Jen

pailin
June 27th, 2019, 09:32 AM
Wow, you finally did it!
Gorgeous hair at floor+ and now gorgeous hair at mid calf, with thick ends. And gorgeous you, too.(that blue dress is fantastic! ). That spiral staircase makes a great prop.

TatsuOni
June 27th, 2019, 09:40 AM
Your hair was beautiful and still is! Thanks for sharing! :)

-Fern
June 27th, 2019, 09:44 AM
I love those photos on the stairs!! Your hair is amazing at any length. :o

Groovy Granny
June 27th, 2019, 09:58 AM
The pics are beautiful....as was your hair before and after :heart:

What a gorgeous hemline; it looks so thick...enjoy..... and congrats on your growth achievements :applause:

Entangled
June 27th, 2019, 10:08 AM
Before and after are both gorgeous! I imagine it's a bit of a relief to not have to deal with ends anymore...That's how it's been for me after classic (that means my hair's long enough to sit on in a braid, so I end up messing up the ends more often than I care to admit). Enjoy your cut! And your photos are always so beautiful!

bparnell75
June 27th, 2019, 11:04 AM
Thanks for sharing your journey with us. You are an icon on this site. I am considering a trim on my Birthday 10-5 when I will be at classic and wondering about the loss of the fairy tale ends too.

blackgothicdoll
June 27th, 2019, 11:34 AM
Oh I love the blunt hemline, it looks so perfect. I also love the little blue dress, plus your other outfits on instagram - you have wonderful style.

Gorgeous pics as always :o

Tinyponies
June 27th, 2019, 11:55 AM
Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures. Each is such an artwork. Enjoy your hair change :)

Deborah
June 27th, 2019, 11:58 AM
I too love the blunt hemline. Your hair is beautiful, as always.

Dark40
June 27th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Wow! Your hair was beautiful! It still is! You finally did it. I would also like to see where my terminal length is too. Who knows? It might be just like yours dragging the floor, being able to step on it..lol. But all right now I want to reach is classic length or mid-thigh length.

lapushka
June 27th, 2019, 12:16 PM
Oh! The last one & the long winding stair one = my favorites!

You have quite the hemline at mid-calf now, I must say. Nice and thick. :)

Have fun getting used to your new length! :)

Sarahlabyrinth
June 27th, 2019, 12:28 PM
Wow, so amazing, before and after :crush: Thanks for sharing your growing journey :) I dare say it's not over yet :p

Hailwidis
June 27th, 2019, 12:33 PM
It's gorgeous either way, Gossamer! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you're enjoying the new length.

gossamer
June 27th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Gorgeous before, gorgeous after. I love your photos.
Thank you for your kindness and encouragement, always :flower:

Lovely post. Your ends look so thick! You must have cut off about a foot of hair! I hope you enjoy the adjustment time of learning how to manage your new hair length and discovering new styles!

I think I probably took off more? Oh hmm, maybe I should measure? What a novel idea! :lol:

Wow,
Lovely pictures and nicely done in all.
Jen
Thank you!

Wow, you finally did it!
Gorgeous hair at floor+ and now gorgeous hair at mid calf, with thick ends. And gorgeous you, too.(that blue dress is fantastic! ). That spiral staircase makes a great prop.

I've been staring at those staircases for months now, thinking about how they might work as props. So glad my partner could help me and use his photography skills to take even better photos than I could imagine taking myself! The dress came from one of my favorite local secondhand stores, sadly now closed. I got so much good vintage clothing there.

Your hair was beautiful and still is! Thanks for sharing!

Thank you!

I love those photos on the stairs!! Your hair is amazing at any length.
Thanks!

The pics are beautiful....as was your hair before and after

What a gorgeous hemline; it looks so thick...enjoy..... and congrats on your growth achievements

It really feels so different now! I didn't cut off all the taper (I'd have to go to about knee for that, I think), but it really makes a huge difference cutting off the thinnest ends.

Before and after are both gorgeous! I imagine it's a bit of a relief to not have to deal with ends anymore...That's how it's been for me after classic (that means my hair's long enough to sit on in a braid, so I end up messing up the ends more often than I care to admit). Enjoy your cut! And your photos are always so beautiful!
Thank you, Entangled! I definitely got in the habit ages ago of pulling my braid out before I sit and depositing the end in my lap - maybe something like that can help you too now that your braid is also long enough to sit on.

Thanks for sharing your journey with us. You are an icon on this site. I am considering a trim on my Birthday 10-5 when I will be at classic and wondering about the loss of the fairy tale ends too.

I'm still adjusting and figuring out how best to tuck them under. So far it seems to make the biggest difference in cinnabuns, but I haven't experimented too much with other styles yet. I'm sure we can both figure it out! :D

Oh I love the blunt hemline, it looks so perfect. I also love the little blue dress, plus your other outfits on instagram - you have wonderful style.

Gorgeous pics as always

Thank you :crush:. I really like wearing clothes that are secondhand and give them new life, and also have fun with my clothing. I know that when clothing can be one of my creative outlets, I feel better about other parts of my day too.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures. Each is such an artwork. Enjoy your hair change
That's so sweet of you to say. Thank you!

I too love the blunt hemline. Your hair is beautiful, as always.

Thanks Deborah!

Wow! Your hair was beautiful! It still is! You finally did it. I would also like to see where my terminal length is too. Who knows? It might be just like yours dragging the floor, being able to step on it..lol. But all right now I want to reach is classic length or mid-thigh length.

Thank you! I notice that you've been at LHC for 9 years now, have you come any closer to figuring out where your terminal length might be? Have you been able to grow much in the past few years to get towards your goal of teminal?

Oh! The last one & the long winding stair one = my favorites!

You have quite the hemline at mid-calf now, I must say. Nice and thick.

Have fun getting used to your new length! :)

Thanks! It's definitely taking a bit of adjusting to, but mostly happy adjustments!

Wow, so amazing, before and after :crush: Thanks for sharing your growing journey :) I dare say it's not over yet
Haha, I'm quite sure you're right Sarah!

gossamer
June 27th, 2019, 12:43 PM
It's gorgeous either way, Gossamer! Thanks for sharing, and I hope you're enjoying the new length.

Thanks, I certainly am!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 27th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Did you cut it yourself?

AutobotsAttack
June 27th, 2019, 12:50 PM
Uhhh flawless as usual!

Yasss hunny! Yaaasssss!!!!

Aerya
June 27th, 2019, 01:20 PM
Your hair looks incredible both before and after! And your colour is gorgeous :flower:

Garnetgem
June 27th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Oh wow beautiful as always...loved how your hair flowed down the spiral stairs,lovely before and after your trim..

gossamer
June 27th, 2019, 01:40 PM
Did you cut it yourself?

My partner cut it for me. He used to trim it for me back when I was having biannual trims, so I figured that he would be able to cut it straight across for me. I braided it so I could tell just when my taper got most extreme and had him cut there, then unbraided it so he could straighten it out. I think he did a pretty good job!

Uhhh flawless as usual!

Yasss hunny! Yaaasssss!!!!

:lol: :rollin::crush:

Your hair looks incredible both before and after! And your colour is gorgeous :flower:

Thank you! I can never quite tell what my color is - individual strands range from whites to blonde to goldish to reddish brown to dark brown/black :shrug:

Oh wow beautiful as always...loved how your hair flowed down the spiral stairs,lovely before and after your trim..

Thank you! ::flowers:

eresh
June 27th, 2019, 03:25 PM
Gorgeous as ever Gossamer! :crush:
Your other thread really inspired me (travelling down thickness).
I want to try and reach floor, then cut back to knee for thick hemline, like you have.

You probably told me before...but do you use cones in your shampoo/conditioner?

Sarahlabyrinth
June 27th, 2019, 03:42 PM
Knee length does look so amazing! I'm hoping to get to ankle and hopefully maintain there to gain thickness. My thickest hair is my virgin hair and sadly it is only at BSL right now. It has a looong way to go to reach ankle! (You can see the difference in my siggy pic.)

embee
June 27th, 2019, 04:29 PM
Hope your new cut will continue to be a pleasure to you, Gossamer. You are an inspiration.

... and it comforts me that you have found tucking the new blunt ends in more challenging. That's what I found with my rather ordinary (waist) length after my chop in 2005. Took a while for my ends to begin to fairytale, then buns worked right again! :)

Crystawni
June 27th, 2019, 04:56 PM
I'm loving your journey so far, gossamer! Thanks for sharing all the wow and beauty over the years. It looks like you've got some extra enjoyment heading your way with it being un-steppable (is so a word... :whistle:) now. But as always, it's stunning.

:scissors:
Thank you! I can never quite tell what my color is - individual strands range from whites to blonde to goldish to reddish brown to dark brown/black :shrug:
:scissors:

Same here--all the colours from white to black, with silver as well. :lol: It's got that natural camo blend like a lion's mane, or deer, or tawny owl, so I reckon tawny suits.

MusicalSpoons
June 27th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Whoa, your hemline looks so thick! What a difference; I'm sure it will take some getting used to, but enjoy! Your partner did a great job and it shows your hair is beautiful at any length :)

Did you measure your final length before the chop? (Not that it matters, just curious ;))

EdG
June 27th, 2019, 05:20 PM
Very nice. :thud:

You are a very rare person to be at mid-ankle after a cut. ;)
Ed

trolleypup
June 27th, 2019, 09:07 PM
Gorgeous before and after, but those stairs!!!

Ligeia Noire
June 27th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Uh fabulous. Hope you had a great time. I think i recognize those staircases :p

Alissalocks
June 27th, 2019, 09:57 PM
Blunt ends at ankle length is so LHC gangster... get it, Gossamer girl! I've been thinking I'm in a stall or something, so it's nice to look at your pics and hope mine may start up again.

And the spiral staircase pic is just so cool. :cloud9:

YvetteVarie
June 28th, 2019, 02:29 AM
Beautiful pictures as usual. Your hair looks so gorgeous and healthy. #HairEnvy

Sarahlabyrinth
June 28th, 2019, 03:00 AM
Do you have a length measurement from before you cut and one for after? :)

Begemot
June 28th, 2019, 03:40 AM
That artsy picture is magical! :blossom:

gossamer
June 28th, 2019, 08:05 AM
Very nice. :thud:
You are a very rare person to be at mid-ankle after a cut.
Ed

Blunt ends at ankle length is so LHC gangster... get it, Gossamer girl! I've been thinking I'm in a stall or something, so it's nice to look at your pics and hope mine may start up again.
And the spiral staircase pic is just so cool.
Having only returned from our trip to Europe on Tuesday night and dealing with the time change rather poorly the last couple days, when I woke up this morning and read your comments, I was so confused why you both said ankle when I could have sworn that my photos showed mid-calf and that my post said that too. :confused:
Turns out I was a victim of my own jet lag writing the post title yesterday and wrote "ankle" when I totally meant "calf." Thank you to the mod who helped me change that in the post title now! Oh jet lag... :rolleyes:

Gorgeous as ever Gossamer!
Your other thread really inspired me (travelling down thickness).
I want to try and reach floor, then cut back to knee for thick hemline, like you have.

You probably told me before...but do you use cones in your shampoo/conditioner?

So happy to help! I do use cones, they're really essential for how wavy/grabby my hair is, and when they build up too much and I can feel my hair getting easy to tangle again, it's relatively easy to clarify them out again with diluted Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo.

Hope your new cut will continue to be a pleasure to you, Gossamer. You are an inspiration.

... and it comforts me that you have found tucking the new blunt ends in more challenging. That's what I found with my rather ordinary (waist) length after my chop in 2005. Took a while for my ends to begin to fairytale, then buns worked right again!

Thank you! At the moment, I seem to have finagled a lazy wrap bun without the ends popping out, but we'll see how that goes over the next few hours haha

I'm loving your journey so far, gossamer! Thanks for sharing all the wow and beauty over the years. It looks like you've got some extra enjoyment heading your way with it being un-steppable (is so a word... ) now. But as always, it's stunning.

Same here--all the colours from white to black, with silver as well. :lol: It's got that natural camo blend like a lion's mane, or deer, or tawny owl, so I reckon tawny suits.

Tawny is definitely a good word. :) I have silvers/whites too, just not as many as I would like still, and I'm curious to see how my color changes as I get more!

Gorgeous before and after, but those stairs!!!

Thanks! I love that building, too bad it's just a bunch of boring offices inside there.

Uh fabulous. Hope you had a great time. I think i recognize those staircases :p

You should take photos there too! I see people doing it all the time, which is what inspired me to use them too :lol:

Beautiful pictures as usual. Your hair looks so gorgeous and healthy. #HairEnvy

That artsy picture is magical! :blossom:
Thank you, YvetteVarie and Begemot!

Did you measure your final length before the chop? (Not that it matters, just curious ;))

I didn't, actually. And now I can't find my second tape measure so I can tape them both together and see what I'm at. In my anniversary thread in April, I did post that my partner helped me measure my length at 82". I don't think much changed between early April and early June. I suspect now that I'm somewhere between 60" and 70", but have no precise evidence to confirm that yet.

spitfire511
June 28th, 2019, 08:22 AM
:thudpile: Oh gossamer thank you for sharing - it's SO beautiful - before and after!

lapushka
June 28th, 2019, 08:46 AM
Thank you! At the moment, I seem to have finagled a lazy wrap bun without the ends popping out, but we'll see how that goes over the next few hours haha

If a LWB doesn't work, maybe try a Nautilus? When I went to FTL the LWB suddenly became too "bulky" for me... somehow. And then the Nautilus started to magically work for me! For the first time: ever!

But I get it. I do! Your length is totally different than mine and you really can't just compare!!!

gossamer
June 28th, 2019, 08:50 AM
If a LWB doesn't work, maybe try a Nautilus? When I went to FTL the LWB suddenly became too "bulky" for me... somehow. And then the Nautilus started to magically work for me! For the first time: ever!

But I get it. I do! Your length is totally different than mine and you really can't just compare!!!

Thanks for your suggestions. Having been at this length before, albeit with fairy tale ends instead of blunt ones, I remember the LWB working incredibly well for me back then. (and it still worked at floor+ too) The issue isn't the bun so much as the way the ends may or may not stay underneath it. Does that make sense?

gossamer
June 28th, 2019, 08:51 AM
:thudpile: Oh gossamer thank you for sharing - it's SO beautiful - before and after!

Thank you!!! :blossom:

eresh
June 28th, 2019, 08:57 AM
So happy to help! I do use cones, they're really essential for how wavy/grabby my hair is, and when they build up too much and I can feel my hair getting easy to tangle again, it's relatively easy to clarify them out again with diluted Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo.

Thanks! I have been conefree for years now, but I have been seriously tempted to try a new line here in stores especially for longer lengths, with cones :o
(Gliss Suprmeme Lengths)
Think I'll just jump in and buy some next week when I am in town again.
I'll have a look if I can find Neutrogena anti-residue in this country! Thanks :o

Hailwidis
June 28th, 2019, 10:38 AM
Thanks! I have been conefree for years now, but I have been seriously tempted to try a new line here in stores especially for longer lengths, with cones :o
(Gliss Suprmeme Lengths)
Think I'll just jump in and buy some next week when I am in town again.
I'll have a look if I can find Neutrogena anti-residue in this country! Thanks :o

If you find the neutrogena clarifying shampoo, let me know! I've been looking for it here too.

harpgal
June 28th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Lovely, gossamer; before and after.

Strange as it sounds, when I trimmed from ankle to knee, I really missed my taper. All of us would love to have a thick hemline such as yours, but that taper sure helps with updos. And I think most of us wear updos most of the time. I'm sure you will find styles that suit you at this length, but it does take a little getting used to. 😊

Cg
June 28th, 2019, 11:58 AM
Stunning, gossamer. Such a nice thick hemline, even if it does mean updos might need an extra tweak or two.

lapushka
June 28th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Thanks for your suggestions. Having been at this length before, albeit with fairy tale ends instead of blunt ones, I remember the LWB working incredibly well for me back then. (and it still worked at floor+ too) The issue isn't the bun so much as the way the ends may or may not stay underneath it. Does that make sense?

Perfectly! I guess blunt vs. fairytale is quite different. I have a layered cut so always have the thinner ends, but I do remember what it was like with blunt ends (terribly challenging). I totally get it! :)

Kat-Rinnè Naido
June 28th, 2019, 07:50 PM
Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Your hair looks stunning as before. The thickness of the new hemline is superb.
Thank you for inspiring always. It is lovely to read that you are happy with your new hair length.

neko_kawaii
June 28th, 2019, 08:09 PM
*chuckle* When I cut just five inches from just past waist to somewhere above waist I had a hard time with the new blunt ends popping out of buns and I had a U-shaped hem plus my stylist "thinned" the ends to make them ever so slightly less blunt. There is a technical term for the scissor thinning she did, but I forget it. I think I only noticed the issue for the first few weeks of the new cut and then it stopped being a problem. So, I'm guessing there is some subconscious technique involved in constructing a stable bun with blunt ends. You'll figure it out.

ETA: When you are used to relying on that nice thin end for a couple extra tight wraps for stability, doing it differently takes some effort for sure.

eresh
June 29th, 2019, 02:37 AM
If you find the neutrogena clarifying shampoo, let me know! I've been looking for it here too.

I couldnt find it in NL shops.
But I ordered on Ebay

gossamer
June 29th, 2019, 10:30 AM
Lovely, gossamer; before and after.

Strange as it sounds, when I trimmed from ankle to knee, I really missed my taper. All of us would love to have a thick hemline such as yours, but that taper sure helps with updos. And I think most of us wear updos most of the time. I'm sure you will find styles that suit you at this length, but it does take a little getting used to. 😊

I agree! My standby updos still work, it's just a bit of a trick, for now, to get the ends tucked in. My fairy-tale ends were so thin that I didn't actually lose much hair, but man were those ends useful!!

Stunning, gossamer. Such a nice thick hemline, even if it does mean updos might need an extra tweak or two.

Thank you!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

Your hair looks stunning as before. The thickness of the new hemline is superb.
Thank you for inspiring always. It is lovely to read that you are happy with your new hair length.

I am! Especially after a wash when I have it down to dry a little more, it's really so much easier!

*chuckle* When I cut just five inches from just past waist to somewhere above waist I had a hard time with the new blunt ends popping out of buns and I had a U-shaped hem plus my stylist "thinned" the ends to make them ever so slightly less blunt. There is a technical term for the scissor thinning she did, but I forget it. I think I only noticed the issue for the first few weeks of the new cut and then it stopped being a problem. So, I'm guessing there is some subconscious technique involved in constructing a stable bun with blunt ends. You'll figure it out.

ETA: When you are used to relying on that nice thin end for a couple extra tight wraps for stability, doing it differently takes some effort for sure.

Truth! :D

Dark40
June 29th, 2019, 10:39 AM
Thank you for your kindness and encouragement, always :flower:

I think I probably took off more? Oh hmm, maybe I should measure? What a novel idea! :lol:

Thank you!

I've been staring at those staircases for months now, thinking about how they might work as props. So glad my partner could help me and use his photography skills to take even better photos than I could imagine taking myself! The dress came from one of my favorite local secondhand stores, sadly now closed. I got so much good vintage clothing there.

Thank you!

Thanks!

It really feels so different now! I didn't cut off all the taper (I'd have to go to about knee for that, I think), but it really makes a huge difference cutting off the thinnest ends.

Thank you, Entangled! I definitely got in the habit ages ago of pulling my braid out before I sit and depositing the end in my lap - maybe something like that can help you too now that your braid is also long enough to sit on.

I'm still adjusting and figuring out how best to tuck them under. So far it seems to make the biggest difference in cinnabuns, but I haven't experimented too much with other styles yet. I'm sure we can both figure it out! :D

Thank you :crush:. I really like wearing clothes that are secondhand and give them new life, and also have fun with my clothing. I know that when clothing can be one of my creative outlets, I feel better about other parts of my day too.

That's so sweet of you to say. Thank you!

Thanks Deborah!

Thank you! I notice that you've been at LHC for 9 years now, have you come any closer to figuring out where your terminal length might be? Have you been able to grow much in the past few years to get towards your goal of teminal?

Thanks! It's definitely taking a bit of adjusting to, but mostly happy adjustments!

Haha, I'm quite sure you're right Sarah!

You're welcome! Yes, I've realized I've been a member of LHC for 9 years now, and no I haven't figured out where my terminal length is yet. Yes, I've grown a lot over the past few years. I've went from a chin length bob when I joined here at LHC to WL+! I'm 2" below WL now! I'm hoping that my terminal length is ankle length?!

lapushka
June 29th, 2019, 01:21 PM
You're welcome! Yes, I've realized I've been a member of LHC for 9 years now, and no I haven't figured out where my terminal length is yet. Yes, I've grown a lot over the past few years. I've went from a chin length bob when I joined here at LHC to WL+! I'm 2" below WL now! I'm hoping that my terminal length is ankle length?!

Dark, any chance of a picture of your waist length tresses? :) I've been so curious all this time. You certainly had a lot of growth already.

ephemeri
June 29th, 2019, 10:06 PM
Thanks for sharing! Your pics are so great and I love seeing your style on IG too. I'm curious -- do you know how many years you were at floor/floor+?

zashin66
July 1st, 2019, 07:02 AM
Gossamer. I love the staircase with your hair draped over the rail. Beautiful colors.:heartbeat

languagenut
July 4th, 2019, 08:45 PM
How did I miss this? Your hair is stunning, both before and after! Just curious, do you think you'll maintain at mid-calf, or grow it longer again?

And I hope you had a great vacation :).

gossamer
July 8th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Thanks for sharing! Your pics are so great and I love seeing your style on IG too. I'm curious -- do you know how many years you were at floor/floor+?

Thank you! I believe my hair first reached floor (the thinnest little bits of the ends) in early 2015 sometime. So I suppose that's 4-4.5 years at floor/floor+.

Gossamer. I love the staircase with your hair draped over the rail. Beautiful colors.:heartbeat

Thank you! I wore the blue specifically to contrast with both the brick wall and the grass!

How did I miss this? Your hair is stunning, both before and after! Just curious, do you think you'll maintain at mid-calf, or grow it longer again?

And I hope you had a great vacation :).

No clue! But it's definitely a good length. Vacation was exhausting, but certainly interesting too - thank you!

AuntyMiki
July 8th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Oh, my goodness! So thud worthy. That's hair goals right there😻😻😻

FrayedFire
July 8th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Not gonna lie, kind of sad, but the pictures are beautiful. I hope you'll let that nice new thick hemline fairy out to around floor? I have to agree with a PP: a blunt hemline cut to ankle is pretty hardcore, especially considering how much you took off.

gossamer
July 8th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Oh, my goodness! So thud worthy. That's hair goals right there������

Thanks! And hopefully the best hair goal of all is to be happy with your hair, right?

Not gonna lie, kind of sad, but the pictures are beautiful. I hope you'll let that nice new thick hemline fairy out to around floor? I have to agree with a PP: a blunt hemline cut to ankle is pretty hardcore, especially considering how much you took off.

I'm curious, why is my choice "kind of sad" for you? And why do you hope that my hemline will fairy-tale back out again at floor? :hmm:

FrayedFire
July 8th, 2019, 05:12 PM
Because you didn't complete the experiment (?) and so that you can have the taper with a still thick hemline for your styles, without it being too inconveniently long.

zashin66
July 13th, 2019, 03:21 AM
Life is good and beautiful. We have the opportunity to enjoy.

Siv
July 13th, 2019, 03:45 AM
Beautiful both ways!

lapushka
July 14th, 2019, 05:18 AM
Because you didn't complete the experiment (?) and so that you can have the taper with a still thick hemline for your styles, without it being too inconveniently long.

But she *did*! Growing it to floor, IMO, was the whole point, watching thickness travel down. She did awesome!

Angelica
July 15th, 2019, 03:15 AM
My dream hair! Hair that I could never achieve in a million years. Very beautiful, so long and dramatic. And you are also very photogenic :)

AmberWillow
July 15th, 2019, 04:27 AM
Wow, your hair is amazing!

gossamer
July 15th, 2019, 09:41 AM
Thanks everyone, for your new compliments and kind words! I'm still totally enjoying this length, honestly I think I expected this much of a cut to feel like a huge change to my life, but instead it hasn't at all. I'm glad I completed this experiment of basically figuring out my terminal length and having floor+ hair, but I have to say that mid-calf is a pretty amazing length to hang out at now!

lapushka
July 15th, 2019, 10:25 AM
Thanks everyone, for your new compliments and kind words! I'm still totally enjoying this length, honestly I think I expected this much of a cut to feel like a huge change to my life, but instead it hasn't at all. I'm glad I completed this experiment of basically figuring out my terminal length and having floor+ hair, but I have to say that mid-calf is a pretty amazing length to hang out at now!

That is *awesome* to hear! :D

gossamer
July 16th, 2019, 08:33 AM

Ok, so I finally got my act together and measured today - I think I'm now at about 66", which if the 82" back in April still held true in early June, meant that we cut off about 16" of hair.

lapushka
July 16th, 2019, 09:08 AM
Ok, so I finally got my act together and measured today - I think I'm now at about 66", which if the 82" back in April still held true in early June, meant that we cut off about 16" of hair.

Roughly almost 3 years' worth of growth.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 17th, 2019, 12:22 AM

Cool.... :D Glad you are enjoying your new length!

Joyful Mystery
July 17th, 2019, 07:29 AM
What a journey! Congrats on completing your experiment! Glad you’re enjoying your new length. :)

deeisme
July 17th, 2019, 11:19 AM
Gossamer, those photos are fabulous and your hair is gorgeous at any length. Congratulations on completing your experiment. I'm glad you are enjoying the new length. I love following you ladies of extraordinary length. Much to admire and learn from your experiences. Thank you for sharing your journey.

maborosi
July 17th, 2019, 01:47 PM
Gossamer, that is awesome and WOW, your hair at this new length looks absolutely spectacular! The thickness traveled down for sure- it looks so healthy!
(Also I really like seeing your fashion posts on IG- you have a really great sense of style)

elfynity
July 21st, 2019, 02:54 PM
Wow, I absolutely love the after photo. Gorgeous thick hemline, absolutely stunning!

Dark40
July 21st, 2019, 04:06 PM
Those photos of your hair is gorgeous! I'm really glad you had the chance to experiment having floor length hair! I've also always dreamed of growing and having ankle or floor length hair someday too! I've had a long time childhood girlfriend that had ankle length hair, and that's what inspired me to grow mine that long. Because, I've always wanted to see what it was like having hair that long.