PDA

View Full Version : Scandalous truth about my hair type :O (Help?)

Six Seeds
June 23rd, 2019, 04:37 PM
I washed my hair today and let it air dry so that I could get a texture picture. I did my best to get some close-ups as well, but they don't look particularly helpful to me. What do you think, could I be a 1c? You can see where I think that I've lost some hair at my crown in the full picture this time, too.

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/gg570/chthonicdreamer/0/a20ae626-707b-4c59-80a9-1c9c5c0165f2-original.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://beta.photobucket.com/u/chthonicdreamer/p/a20ae626-707b-4c59-80a9-1c9c5c0165f2)

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/gg570/chthonicdreamer/0/11af1565-5f00-467b-9b0a-efa296142427-original.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://beta.photobucket.com/u/chthonicdreamer/p/11af1565-5f00-467b-9b0a-efa296142427)

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/gg570/chthonicdreamer/0/8c89f478-22ff-45c5-94b6-74067300afe5-original.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds (https://beta.photobucket.com/u/chthonicdreamer/p/8c89f478-22ff-45c5-94b6-74067300afe5)

lapushka
June 23rd, 2019, 04:40 PM
I think that might be 1c/2a.

MusicalSpoons
June 23rd, 2019, 05:16 PM
LOL at your post title! :laugh:

I'd say 2a; way too many full waves for 1c. Oh, and welcome! Enjoy your LHC journey of discovery :D

dancedance
June 23rd, 2019, 05:25 PM
I agree with 2A. I consider myself 1C and my hair is straight throughout except for a few S-shaped waves around my ears and temples.

browntatis
June 23rd, 2019, 06:49 PM
So beautiful! I would also say its a 2a, the hair texture I would love to have!

milosmomma
June 23rd, 2019, 07:29 PM
I am also in the boat with the people saying 2a, seems to have just a bit more going on than what I would think of a 1c. I am no expert by any means so just my humble opinion. Your hair looks fabulously healthy and shiny as well. The spot where you think you have lost hair, are you sure it's not just laying funny? I get scalp cleavage around that area depending on how my hair decides to fall.

Begemot
June 24th, 2019, 01:04 AM
Very nice waviness, I'll say 2a also :)

Six Seeds
June 24th, 2019, 01:55 PM
Thank you so much everyone. My hair was very straight when I was a child, but I permed for a couple years around puberty so perhaps I missed that my texture was changing. I will see what I can do to encourage my waves.

I am also in the boat with the people saying 2a, seems to have just a bit more going on than what I would think of a 1c. I am no expert by any means so just my humble opinion. Your hair looks fabulously healthy and shiny as well. The spot where you think you have lost hair, are you sure it's not just laying funny? I get scalp cleavage around that area depending on how my hair decides to fall.

Thank you! :) It could be cleavage, I'm not sure. This is how my hair falls away from my part with minimal manipulation. I would normally use a BBB on my dry hair and that seems to cover the spot, which is then revealed again as my hair gets greasy between wash days. I have scalp sensitivity there and on my part that comes and goes, but that might be because I'm a migraineur.

Tinyponies
June 24th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Thank you so much everyone. My hair was very straight when I was a child, but I permed for a couple years around puberty so perhaps I missed that my texture was changing. I will see what I can do to encourage my waves.

Thank you! :) It could be cleavage, I'm not sure. This is how my hair falls away from my part with minimal manipulation. I would normally use a BBB on my dry hair and that seems to cover the spot, which is then revealed again as my hair gets greasy between wash days. I have scalp sensitivity there and on my part that comes and goes, but that might be because I'm a migraineur.
Hey! If it’s not a small spot of less hair, it could be that you have a cowlick there. One of mine is in that spot, and causes a very similar effect visually. The hair follicles are extremely stubborn in that area about the direction they like to lie in.

Six Seeds
June 24th, 2019, 02:22 PM
Hey! If it’s not a small spot of less hair, it could be that you have a cowlick there. One of mine is in that spot, and causes a very similar effect visually. The hair follicles are extremely stubborn in that area about the direction they like to lie in.

That's a really good point. Too bad I didn't pay closer attention to what my hair was doing in the past, I'd at least know if the spot has gotten bigger or not. I don't think I even noticed it until I cut my hair very short.

milosmomma
June 24th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Yes we all have some sort of swirl at the back of our heads and I think that is natural and normal for a little cleavage especially in that area. If I comb and part my wet hair usually it will stay covered but when I air dry without manipulating I almost always have a little scalp peeking there. It usually is worse/more noticeable the greasier my scalp and after sleeping on my hair a few nights.

lithostoic
June 24th, 2019, 03:28 PM
I'm not so sure. I thought I was 1c/2a but this is straighter than my hair! Maybe I need a retyping lmao. Your hair is very pretty whatever the number letter combo may be!

lapushka
June 24th, 2019, 04:04 PM
I'm not so sure. I thought I was 1c/2a but this is straighter than my hair! Maybe I need a retyping lmao. Your hair is very pretty whatever the number letter combo may be!

I thought 1c/2a as well, lithostoic. :)

Six Seeds
June 24th, 2019, 07:22 PM

Thank you. :) The texture is very puzzling to me! I've heard of people damaging their texture with styling, but I've never done anything to straighten my hair, I just seem to have some odd strands at the back of my head that want to wave hello. ;)

Stray_mind
June 25th, 2019, 12:09 AM
Looks 2a to me. A lot of S shaped waves.