PDA

View Full Version : Slip! Or no..

catoala
June 16th, 2019, 06:44 AM
How to? I do S&C with cone free conditoner. Even when I use cones, my hair isn't as slippery as I want it to be. Help? It tangles veeeeery fast.

Nini
June 16th, 2019, 06:46 AM
Sounds like you might have to try some kind of silicone serum.

Depending on your goals it migth be time to start working on your updo's, some of us just can't wear our hair down without it tangling at first thought... :)

Hasse
June 16th, 2019, 07:31 AM
You can also try WCC by adding a second conditioner after you rinsed out the first. The second can be rinsed out too, or partially left in as a leave-in.

lapushka
June 16th, 2019, 07:57 AM
What products do you use (brand etc.)?

catoala
June 16th, 2019, 08:06 AM
What products do you use (brand etc.)?

Really, whichever ones. Any shampoo I see that has no silicones and so, and conditoner whatever one.

catoala
June 16th, 2019, 08:44 AM
You can also try WCC by adding a second conditioner after you rinsed out the first. The second can be rinsed out too, or partially left in as a leave-in.

I just did this. My hair seems more slippery. Thanks.

milosmomma
June 16th, 2019, 08:54 AM
I added more slip since going cones free by using the roo method and looking for products with marshmallow root. Slippery elm should give slip too and making sure your hair has enough moisture. My hair has alot of slip but is not completely tangle free, I dont know if that's really possible. Some tangles are just going to happen, but detangling is easy with the routine I have. If you're wearing your hair down you just have to take in account that some tangles will happen.

MusicalSpoons
June 16th, 2019, 10:48 AM
Whereabouts in the world are you? The conditioner that have my hair the most cone-free slip was Faith in Nature BB Rose and Neroli. It's more mid-range than my usual budget conditioners so I can't use it all the time, but it really is heavenly. [I guess it might be in a similar price range or slightly cheaper than the kind of conditioners that would contain marshmallow root, meadowfoamseed oil, or slippery elm.]

(I should mention my routine is C-W-ROO-C, and gain the most benefit when I use it as the first C and leave it on for an hour or more before I actually wash my hair.)

Otherwise, I've found water-soluble silicones to be really useful because they help with slip but don't build up. My hair still tangles on itself pretty quickly but usually they can just be gently combed out, they're tangles rather than knots :)

lapushka
June 16th, 2019, 01:54 PM
Really, whichever ones. Any shampoo I see that has no silicones and so, and conditoner whatever one.

That's such an odd answer. I mean, what are you using currently? And also what MusicalSpoons asked. Where in the world are you. It will be a lot easier recommending things to you, as products vary from country to country!

The-Young-Maid
June 16th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Plenty of silicone/silicone-free products also include proteins which can cause tangles. It really depends on ingredients not just silicone itself. And some hair types will be tangle prone no matter what, sometimes silicones are just necessary.

Try a thicker, protein free, silicone conditioner. Maybe add a silicone leave in. I like to dilute my conditioner and add it like a detangler spray to my wet hair.