PDA

View Full Version : Natural shampoo and conditioner opinions

Mandymandymandy
June 13th, 2019, 06:15 AM
What’s everyone’s opinion on using natural hircare I don’t think mine likes it

flowerbabies
June 13th, 2019, 08:23 AM
I’ve tried going to “natural” products several times. I put quotes on natural because I don’t really believe most of the products marketed as natural that are sold in the stores are truly very natural.

Inevitably they always end up drying out my hair and making it look terrible. I have fine hair that likes a lot of moisture. Maybe I just haven’t used the right products, but I prefer to just stick to my unnatural beauty products :). They work better for me and I don’t have to worry about how my hair is going to react.

MusicalSpoons
June 13th, 2019, 08:55 AM
It depends on what you mean by 'natural' :) there's a whole spectrum of different conventional products marketed as natural, then there are actually natural products such as herbs and flours

lapushka
June 13th, 2019, 09:00 AM
What’s everyone’s opinion on using natural hircare I don’t think mine likes it

What do you mean by "natural". The definition on that can vary.

EdG
June 13th, 2019, 10:04 AM
You may want to read the water-only washing (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=148692) thread. If you can get good results, it as natural as hair care gets.
Ed

CalystaStarr
June 13th, 2019, 10:11 AM
There's a ton of different "natural" methods, depending on your definition. For the past 2 days I've been using soapnuts, which is really drying but my hair is oily and fine so it gives it texture and cleans it thoroughly. I got it off Amazon in case you were wondering. There's tons of other methods as well if you want to cut out sulfate, wash with conditioner, wash with water, or use soap nars. It varies on many factors.

GrowingGlory
June 13th, 2019, 12:11 PM
I have really enjoyed a variety of natural hair care products including organic soap nuts, organic herbal infusions, and commercial organic products. My favorites are California Baby Super Sensitive Shampoo and Body Wash and CBSS Hair Conditioner.

Kalamazoo
June 13th, 2019, 12:45 PM
I've been getting some Ayurvedic herbs (in the form of Hesh brand powders, like Kalpi Tone) from the friendly local neighborhood Indo-Pakistani grocery store. I use them in a hair mask that I find makes my hair grow A LOT!!!! faster, but then I have to shampoo 6 or 7 times to get all the goop out. (My hair mask recipe varies each time, but it includes egg, oil, pomade, witch hazel, aloe vera, etc. It's very gloppy, & under a plastic shower cap for 8 hours.) My favorite shampoo right now is Earthly Delight. For me, the Ayurvedic herbs don't do anything for getting my hair clean (perhaps because I'm putting such a lot of glop on my head!), but they sure are excellent at conditioning!