View Full Version : Hair cut

JEMTheNerd
June 7th, 2019, 10:44 PM
My hair was at about above boob length. Last night, my mom was cutting my sisters hairs as we're about to go on a summer camping trip. She offered to cut my hair, and I agreed. My hair is now above my collar bone, it looks really good on me, but I really want to have long hair. I'm almost scared to look in the mirror, I can't really tolerate myself inside since letting it get cut. I feel plain, and while the cut suits my face very well and makes me look rather cute, I just feel like crying. I see everyone elses stunningly beautiful and long hair only to see my short one, it's so difficult and I don't understand why I said yes to my mom. I like my bangs, and how my new haircut suits my face, but I miss my long hair so stupidly bad. I just threw away at least a year's worth of progress. Is there any secret I can employ to get my hair to grow back fast? I think I'm gonna grow my bangs out, and my hair. I just really want it to go fast because I'm seriously regretting everything right now.

SleepyTangles
June 8th, 2019, 12:43 AM
Darling, are you sure you are not trying to self-sabotage yourself? Sometimes, if you unconsciously fear to "fail" about something, we are always temped to make things fail ourselves.
I guess its a way to protect ourselves from delusions.:justy:

(Or maybe there are things you still like about shorter hair, and you are not quite sure if you want to switch to long hair, and thatīs completely fine)

Either way donīt worry, your hair will grow back... consider this little delay as an occasion to make it even healthier, thicker and prettier :flower:. Just donīt watch the pot all the time and let it boil.
Only my two cents!

JEMTheNerd
June 8th, 2019, 03:45 AM
I wanna thank you a lot for this, I think that's more or less what I did... I feel like I'm never gonna have long hair, so I gave up for a moment.

I really like the analogy you added at the end, I'm gonna try and keep my mind busy on other things and hopefully my hair will grow dutifully. I hope my hair won't keep me waiting long, thank you again, I feel a bit better now. ♡

YvetteVarie
June 8th, 2019, 04:06 AM
SleepyTangles gave great advice. I just wanted to add that you should enjoy your hair at its current length. You say the cut looks good on you, so have fun and take lots of pictures. And enjoy each stage of growing out your hair again

SleepyTangles
June 8th, 2019, 05:01 AM
So happy to have made you feel better <3! And happy camping by the way :D

lapushka
June 8th, 2019, 06:33 AM
IMO, you only grow to really long lengths when you're good and ready. And the fact that you are cutting back means that you're not. Don't beat yourself up about it. Enjoy your current length... might as well. :thumbsup:

Wusel
June 8th, 2019, 08:18 AM
Short hair is very cute and I can imagine how fantastic you look. When I have cut my hair chin length not only me but EVERYBODY loved it. It was SOOO cute and it suits my face MUCH better than long hair. I want long hair now, just because. Because I always cut it short and let it grow out and cut it short again. And I enjoy every step of this process. I miss my short hair now and miss looking supercute but I'm on the growing journey now and am hppy with it too. ENJOY your supercute cut and enjoy the journey towards long hair. It's absoultely fine and there is so many GOOD things about short hair!
In this video below it was grown out already, about 1,5 inch but it was still so cute. I like how it bounces and swings aroung my chin. And I miss that.
So, PLEASE, do NOT be sad and don't regret anything! It's totally cool to have short hair, the same cool as having long hair!

https://youtu.be/xPqy0r-IXHY