PDA

View Full Version : No Frizz

CosmoCat
June 7th, 2019, 01:27 PM
I’m shocked, I have no frizz today. I washed a couple times this week with Shea Moisture Red Palm Oil & Cocoa Butter shampoo and conditioner. I also used a decent amount of their 100% Pure Shea Oil. I braided and covered my hair before bed too. I sure hope there is nothing wrong with what I’ve done, because my hair is soft and smooth (compared to normal). I would like to keep it up. It’s duller, however. :eye:

(I even worked out and was sweating, outside in the heat for a bit too.)

CosmoCat
June 7th, 2019, 07:00 PM
How do others tame their hair?:hifive:

lapushka
June 8th, 2019, 06:47 AM
Lots of moisture. My routine is in my signature. Kind of hard to explain it over and over again, since I've been here so long (people would get tired of me). ;)

GrowingGlory
June 8th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine products keep my hair frizz free.

ExpectoPatronum
June 8th, 2019, 02:34 PM
I follow a similar routine to Lapushka and it leaves me with relatively frizz-free hair.

littlestarface
June 8th, 2019, 02:38 PM
No frizz :rollin: never heard of it.

CosmoCat
June 8th, 2019, 03:02 PM
I keep forgetting to check out links in signatures. I started to the other day, and forgot already! Thanks!

This is the best I’ve experienced so far...actual result and lasting wise...but I will have to try other ways too.

Haha! This was as close to “no frizz” as I’ve ever experienced. I can normally, literally, feel my hair swell in humidity.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37215&d=1560028330

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37214&d=1560028328

embee
June 8th, 2019, 03:17 PM
So funny. I love frizz. Otherwise my hair is slick and flat. The frizz gives me a bit of volume and softness. :) Always it's reminded me of cat's fur in sunlight which is a look I love. ;)

CosmoCat
June 8th, 2019, 03:20 PM
After washing, it can be fairly smooth, but it 'grows' shortly after like this...

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37217&d=1560028700

CosmoCat
June 8th, 2019, 03:23 PM
Yes, true, my husband even said it gives me volume. I think that I would appreciate it more if the strands were all similar, but they vary from straight to wavy to curly and also go every which way...lol. (I also have trichorrhexis nodosa, so the shorter hairs from easy breakage don’t help either.)

MusicalSpoons
June 8th, 2019, 03:36 PM
How do others tame their hair?:hifive:

I don't :lol: :p

In all seriousness, my current routine doesn't eliminate frizz at all but it makes my hair soft including the frizz. I C-W-ROO-C with the first C on for an hour or longer before getting in the shower. Last night I didn't and just put on the first C when I got in the shower and left it on a couple of minutes before washing, and I don't like my hair today. It feels kinda rough and relatively coarse (my hair is not coarse!) and the only saving grace is that now I know the long first C *is* beneficial.

I don't use any products after the shower or between washes with my usual routine :)

Ylva
June 8th, 2019, 03:38 PM
I just let frizz happen if it wants to. I don't care.

CosmoCat
June 8th, 2019, 03:40 PM
It can be really bad and awful looking with me, probably due to the highlighting damage, trichorrhexis nodosa breakage and hard water, combined with the natural frizz? This bad...which is why I can appreciate smooth, lol. =(

(I, most often, sleep on the right side too. So, I think friction damage too.)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37222&d=1560029853

CosmoCat
June 8th, 2019, 03:57 PM
One of my sisters has dealt with occasional alopecia (in areas). So, I’m grateful, but I hate the worst days.

(My other sister, and her daughter, both have straight, waist long and beautiful hair. Go figure.)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
June 9th, 2019, 12:54 PM
For my hair to be without frizz i would have to remain in winter.
Winter equals low humidity equals almost no frizz.
Other 3 seasons equal friz.