PDA

View Full Version : Rehab for dye addicts/oath to not dye length again

Carrieberry77
June 7th, 2019, 12:00 AM
Hi ladies 😊

I have been wreaking havock on my hair for years, changing colors from blonde to black to red to orange to brown to... You get the picture.
Whenever I was going through something in my life I was projecting my feelings onto my hair. Or when I felt unattractive I immediately grabbed a box of dye to make myself feel better, it usually was an instant gratification or in some cases instant horror 😂.

Looking back it looks like the behavior of an addict.

I'm turning 30 this year and I'm tired of it, I want to grow healthy hair and keep it the color that looks best on me which is dark strawberry blonde.

I want to be accountable to you guys that from now on I will not dye the length of my hair and only touch up roots with sun in (which gives me strawberry blonde).

If there is anyone else out there who struggles with a similar issue, this could be a thread where we stay accountable to one another.

CuteCrow
June 7th, 2019, 01:18 AM
I also used to dye my hair all kind of colours but I stopped because my scalp couldn't handle all the bleach, it didn't matter the how gentle it was I always ended with burns :lol:
You have to keep in mind that even just touching up your roots is going to damage your hair if what you are looking for is damge-free hair. Also, depending on your natural hair tone the lengths colour might fade.
Anyway maybe you'd feel comfortable on the Giving up the dye/bleach thread (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51155).

Carrieberry77
June 7th, 2019, 02:16 AM
My hair is actually fine with being dyed once and sun in doesn't really damage my hair. The problem is that I was constantly dying over the same hair length several times because I switched hair colors so often.
I don't want to swear off dye in general since I like myself better strawberry blonde vs my natural brown hair, however I'm swearing off the constant experimentation and from dying the lenght of my hair.

Carrieberry77
June 7th, 2019, 02:17 AM
I also used to dye my hair all kind of colours but I stopped because my scalp couldn't handle all the bleach, it didn't matter the how gentle it was I always ended with burns :lol:

Ouch that sounds painful 😭

Carrieberry77
June 7th, 2019, 02:18 AM
Anyway maybe you'd feel comfortable on the Giving up the dye/bleach thread (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=51155).

I'll check it out though I'm not ready to swear off lightening my roots

LittleHealthy
June 7th, 2019, 02:23 AM
Yes! There’s a great thread for this, Giving Up The Dye/Bleach! It’s full of people doing exactly this, and great photos of people’s progress (including mine). Join us there! :heartbeat

CuteCrow
June 7th, 2019, 03:54 AM
I don't want to swear off dye in general since I like myself better strawberry blonde vs my natural brown hair, however I'm swearing off the constant experimentation and from dying the lenght of my hair.
Then I think the Giving up the dye/bleach thread is your place as LittleHealthy said

Ouch that sounds painful 😭
And yeah, it was but at first I thought it was normal 🤦