PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Brushes

catoala
June 1st, 2019, 01:59 PM
Hi!

Is it normal if I also find less breakage-splits while I use plastic basic brush?hmm

sillyme
June 1st, 2019, 07:34 PM
Hi!

Is it normal if I also find less breakage-splits while I use plastic basic brush?hmm
I don't have a problem with breakage or splits since my hair is only shoulder length, but my favorite brush has a mixture of boar and plastic bristles. I think the boar bristles smooths my hair, distributes the natural oils, and helps with static, while the plastic bristles help the brush penetrate my hair so that it makes it all the way to my scalp.

I've tried a couple of different bbb's and they just couldn't make it all the way through to my scalp. So, if I could only have one type of brush, and had to choose between a plastic or boar bristle brush, I would defintely choose the plastic one.

Shorty89
June 1st, 2019, 08:03 PM
If it works for you and it isn't doing damage, I don't' see why you should change things. :shrug: I personally like a comb, but you aren't the only one who likes a plastic brush.

RottenMango
June 1st, 2019, 08:24 PM
I think my brush is plastic or nylon and it works perfectly for my hair. It’s very gentle and detangles thoroughly.

zmirina
June 1st, 2019, 09:13 PM
I also prefer plastic brushes. You can hardly achieve the same level of smoothness on wooden surfaces, and I like this lack of texture

GoddesJourney
June 1st, 2019, 09:15 PM
I love my Denman. I no longer use anything else.

Deborah
June 2nd, 2019, 11:50 AM
If you prefer using a plastic brush, I too suggest a nice Denman. To untangle just after washing, the Wet Brush is truly wonderful. I don't much like it on dry hair though - the Denman is much better for that use.

lapushka
June 2nd, 2019, 01:06 PM
I have a Denman, though never use it. It tugs at my scalp as it rips through every tangle.

The Wet brush, I much prefer, as it skips over tangles and so saves your scalp! You then (of course) manually need to take the knot out, and then it will go on brushing just fine. Minor tangles it can take out pretty easily. But things a Denman rips through (and shouldn't), this one doesn't.

Just my experience.

I love the Tangle Teezer equally as it performs similar to the Wet brush.

Wusel
June 2nd, 2019, 01:54 PM
I only use my Queenwill hair massager shampoo brush for brushing my hair since i have it. I brush inverted (bend forward) so it gives me a massage while i brush. I don't use anything else. It's enough. Detangling with fingers and then Queenwill. It's a ABS rubber material and my scalp loves it.

AuntyMiki
June 2nd, 2019, 11:22 PM
I prefer plastic as boars brushes can't get through my hair to my scalp.

LongHairCalif
June 3rd, 2019, 12:13 AM
I absolutely love the wet brush flexi brush. I am a vegan so I prefer to use a plastic brush, and do not use boar brustle brushes.

The-Young-Maid
June 3rd, 2019, 09:45 AM
I prefer Tangle Teezers as they are flexible and easier to clean. Wet brushes are also nice but when the nibs wear off they become really scratchy on my scalp and are somewhat difficult to clean. I can't use BBB as they never penetrate my hair to the scalp and are useless, but the Wet Brush Shine version is lovely and has BB combined with flexible teeth that actually reach your scalp! I use that one and my tangle teezers everyday.

I used to use wide tooth combs but they were horrible and ripped my hair no matter what I did. WTC and regular brushes with stiff teeth just rip. My wooden comb was the same way and I'm assuming wooden brushes are the same.

I only use my WTC in the shower to distribute conditioner since a Wet brush doesn't penetrate my hair when wet.

Wusel
June 3rd, 2019, 10:36 AM
I absolutely love the wet brush flexi brush. I am a vegan so I prefer to use a plastic brush, and do not use boar brustle brushes.

How long are you vegan?

MusicalSpoons
June 16th, 2019, 10:58 AM
Since you started this thread I've actually started to like my Denman brush again - for me it was a matter of technique rather than the product being useless, combined with using a conditioner that gave me the most slip that I've experienced (even without silicones). I don't habitually use it because it takes longer than detangling with a comb, but it is more thorough than a comb - however it does take out virtually all texture, and I don't know whether that's detrimental over time so that's another reason I don't use it often.

Wendyclaire
June 16th, 2019, 05:26 PM
I love my plastic brush. It’s the only one my hair likes!

Scyphozoa
June 16th, 2019, 06:36 PM
My plastic brush works quite well. Though admittedly I haven't experimented with many other brushes. I don't love combs.