PDA

View Full Version : Effortless long hair

catoala
May 26th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Do you know someone who has very long hair but without some extra care? Conditoner, shampoo, basic brush and that's all.
Is it possible? I am myself that way - basic brush, shampoo (1000ml ones..) and lots of conditoner (usually ones that are 500ml, so lots) and that's it (besides oiling sometimes but not as much.) Hmm.

I also knew a girl that used shampoo only, her hair reached her tailbone. Was quite dry though.

neko_kawaii
May 26th, 2019, 02:57 PM
Yep, there are a few of them around here. They are usually fairly quiet on the hair care topics so they may seem less numerous than those who have complex routines. I think there was a thread started the past month or so for minimalist or simple routines. I’ll see if I can find it.

lithostoic
May 26th, 2019, 03:00 PM
A friend of mine has classic length and only uses shampoo but it is -very- dry. So much that the ends break off. She hasn't trimmed in years but it stays the same length.

neko_kawaii
May 26th, 2019, 03:03 PM
I found a few similar threads, here is the most recent: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149602

catoala
May 26th, 2019, 03:08 PM
A friend of mine has classic length and only uses shampoo but it is -very- dry. So much that the ends break off. She hasn't trimmed in years but it stays the same length.

Yes, mine too.. quite interesting though.

catoala
May 26th, 2019, 03:08 PM
I found a few similar threads, here is the most recent: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149602

Thanks! :) Saw something similar as well.

Quixii
May 26th, 2019, 03:13 PM
Depends on what you count as extra care.
My basic routine is brush, shampoo + conditioner once a week, leave in conditioner (often the same as the conditioner in the shower) after wards, brush, bun. Repeat each week.

catoala
May 26th, 2019, 03:15 PM
Depends on what you count as extra care.
My basic routine is brush, shampoo + conditioner once a week, leave in conditioner (often the same as the conditioner in the shower) after wards, brush, bun. Repeat each week.

I consider "extra care": hair masks, leave ins, anything besides some oiling and S&C

lapushka
May 26th, 2019, 03:17 PM
My "routine" may look complicated, but it's the same every week, so I don't do much else to my hair. It is considered "benign neglect", that is a term around here exactly for those of us who don't bother too much with changing up things too much.

I have experimented when I first got here (a little too much), but those days are over.

It's always better to keep things simple, IMO.

catoala
May 26th, 2019, 03:23 PM
My "routine" may look complicated, but it's the same every week, so I don't do much else to my hair. It is considered "benign neglect", that is a term around here exactly for those of us who don't bother too much with changing up things too much.

I have experimented when I first got here (a little too much), but those days are over.

Haha, yes, I experimented long time ago as well: but I agree with you ;)

Wusel
May 26th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Haha, yes, I experimented long time ago as well: but I agree with you ;)

I LOVE experimenting. That's why I'm here again. LOL!

littlestarface
May 26th, 2019, 03:40 PM

But your routine isn't just comb shampoo and conditioner tho,You do many many steps.

catoala
May 26th, 2019, 03:47 PM
I LOVE experimenting. That's why I'm here again. LOL!

It's fun sometimes yes haha. I often try to keep it up but I'm just sooooo lazy and I eventually contain my hair and totally forget lol.

Panthera
May 26th, 2019, 03:48 PM
I love experimenting too, sometimes I change my routine just out of boredom. Trying something different keeps mundane things interesting. :D

AmaryllisRed
May 26th, 2019, 04:09 PM
I shampoo and condition my hair three times a week, comb, air dry.
No oils, deep treatments, masks, leave-ins, mousse, gel, fruits, vegetables, spices, or dairy products, pasteurized or otherwise. As neko_kawaii said, I tend not to visit the threads where people geek out over products because it's not my thing. My hair is happy with this simple routine and I've had it the same for years. Why fix what isn't broken?
If I start seeing any issues, I'll troubleshoot and try to solve it, but that hasn't happened.

Threads like this seem to snowball. The first commenters only use water or something, then there's a few who say shampoo, conditioner, oil... Then by a few pages in, people are like, "I have a super simple routine! Just shampoo, condition, oil, mango protein atomic dessert mask, rose water spray, stand on my head for three minutes, and sing the national anthem backwards! That's it!" :)

Edited to add: Where some people try new products and routines out of boredom more than necessity, I experiment with styles. So I do "get it" in that sense.

Natalia_A00
May 26th, 2019, 04:17 PM
I'm reaching hip (which is not super long hair but well) and my hair care routine is very basic. Shampoo, conditioner, mask once a week. It's in very good condition, even though I wear it loose most of the time. So yeah, it's possible! Just don't damage it with heat

AutobotsAttack
May 26th, 2019, 04:19 PM
If I were to constantly try to keep my hair separated at all possible times, then pretty much everyone’s hair regimen would be waaaay less complicated.

Since I stopped combing/brushing, and either bun or braid, my haircare is more or less very simplified. Wouldn’t say effortless. Can’t really have effortless with Afro Type hair.

Panthera
May 26th, 2019, 04:19 PM
Threads like this seem to snowball. The first commenters only use water or something, then there's a few who say shampoo, conditioner, oil... Then by a few pages in, people are like, "I have a super simple routine! Just shampoo, condition, oil, mango protein atomic dessert mask, rose water spray, stand on my head for three minutes, and sing the national anthem backwards! That's it!" :)

...I also love my rose water spray. :laugh: Maybe my next experiment should be singing the national anthem backwards, Wusel could try the atomic dessert thing. :lol:

For me, oiling and deep conditioning is extra, shampoo, rinse out conditioner and leave in is just a normal routine.

blackgothicdoll
May 26th, 2019, 04:20 PM
No oils, deep treatments, masks, leave-ins, mousse, gel, fruits, vegetables, spices, or dairy products, pasteurized or otherwise. As neko_kawaii said, I tend not to visit the threads where people geek out over products because it's not my thing. My hair is happy with this simple routine and I've had it the same for years. Why fix what isn't broken?
If I start seeing any issues, I'll troubleshoot and try to solve it, but that hasn't happened.

Edited to add: Where some people try new products and routines out of boredom more than necessity, I experiment with styles. So I do "get it" in that sense.

:rollin: :rollin:

I believe 'simplicity' is definitely up to perspective for some, bahaha.

I truly honestly wish I could just shampoo and condition and carry on with my life. With all that accumulated extra time I could solve world hunger.

catoala
May 26th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Omg girls, this is actually a growing thread, first time for me! Thanks for replies! Its very interesting to see about other routines :D Keep them coming :)

Ylva
May 26th, 2019, 04:31 PM
In the past, I was S&C and brush only. I don't know if what I had counted as "very long hair", but it was in the lower back/butt area.

rhosyn_du
May 26th, 2019, 04:53 PM
I think anyone who has a longtime routine probably considers it effortless, since you start to be able to do it on autopilot. My current routine looks somewhat complicated all written out (although if I use abbreviations, it's just CWC LOC ;)), but it feels pretty effortless to me, and I spend way less time on my hair than most shorter-haired ladies I know and probably half the shorter-haired men.

If you mean simple, though, before my last big cut, I grew from classic to between fingertip and knee just doing CWC and a single leave-in followed by damp bunning once a week, and the rest of the week it was just a quick bun in the morning and then comb and into a satin sleep bonnet at night. That was maybe 30 minutes of active time a week, while my current routine is probably 1.5-2 times that.

Cg
May 26th, 2019, 05:29 PM
I consider once a week shampoo and conditioner pretty minimalist. I don't even bother brushing any more, just a quick comb before bunning every morning. Currently the length is something past fingertip, so clearly for some hair types lots of stuff and fuss isn't needed.

Dark40
May 26th, 2019, 05:38 PM
I love experimenting too, sometimes I change my routine just out of boredom. Trying something different keeps mundane things interesting. :D

I like experimenting too, and I also change my routine just out of boredom too. Trying something different does keep mundane things interesting.:D

sumidha
May 26th, 2019, 05:47 PM
I dunno, it feels pretty effortless to me... Shampoo, condition, acidic rinse once a week and oil as needed.

school of fish
May 26th, 2019, 05:50 PM
For what it's worth (although I don't consider my hair 'very' long at tailbone+), my routine doesn't involve any extras. I shampoo and condition daily and quickly as part of my morning shower - takes maybe 3-4min total. My amounts are minimal - maybe about a raspberry-sized dollop of shampoo and 2 raspberries of conditioner. All that's left after rinsing and is detangling and air-drying, that's it.

I do henna my roots frequently but that's strictly for colour - if I didn't need to keep them touched up (I'm a performer so it's professional necessity) then I wouldn't bother :)

MusicalSpoons
May 26th, 2019, 07:01 PM
...I also love my rose water spray. :laugh: Maybe my next experiment should be singing the national anthem backwards, Wusel could try the atomic dessert thing. :lol:

For me, oiling and deep conditioning is extra, shampoo, rinse out conditioner and leave in is just a normal routine.

Whereas for me, oil (rinse-out) is in my normal routine, doesn't count as extra effort for me, but leave-in would be.

My routine is C-W-ROO-C (looks shorter if I just say CWOC ;)) though I now usually leave the first C in for an hour or more before getting in the shower so it kind of is a deep treatment every week ... but really not much more effort than putting it on in the shower :shrug: (it is a little bit, but not much more). The rest of the week I comb and bun once a day, unless I'm learning a new style but that's rare. Or a scalp wash - only shampoo - if I need to look presentable in between.

It did take effort to experiment, to learn about proper haircare, to make changes, but at this point the most effort is that once a week full wash - 4 steps, and the amount of time actually spent on my hair is less than someone who washes more often, or someone who blow-dries their hair all the way from wet to dry. I also do need patience for detangling because my ends are so thin I can't afford to lose any hair unnecessarily to breakage :lol: I guess that maybe counts as effort?

Haven
May 26th, 2019, 07:11 PM
My younger sister's hair (2a/2b/M/iii) is longer than mine and she cares less about it than I do :p She's nearing waist, and she's a few inches taller than me. All she does is WC as infrequently as she can get away with and leave it loose. It's not in bad condition, either.

I don't have a particularly involved routine either, but I care more about the condition of my hair and change what I do accordingly. The most I ever do is oil and CWC when the ends start feeling dry, and S&D when I notice any splits.

Obsidian
May 26th, 2019, 07:48 PM
My moms hair runs from waist to hip, is baby fine and floaty. She doesn't use conditioner or anything besides shampoo. Brushes while wet with no tangles. Its soft and silky.

Ligeia Noire
May 26th, 2019, 08:19 PM
I consider my routine fairly basic. Wash once a week with shampoo and conditioner/mask and acc rinse. Detangle once a week also and I wear my hair in a braided bun every day. When I registered here though, even though my hair was always quite long, (i was at mtl then), all the reading made me itchy to buy and try things....
I do not try anything or buy any random oils or whatever anymore and I am glad that I went back to what I used to, before the internet, because it worked fine.
My mother is the queen of basic in her hair care and she reached floor many times and still has very long hair. She washes quite rarely and only uses shampoo and never wears her hair down or ever used conditioner in her life...
Simpler than that is quite hard.
Her hair is soft, pristine and thick. I will say again what I say plenty in here... if you, of course, have no scalp issues, less is more and if you plan on growing and growing, leaving it alone and stay within a minimal product approach is definitely the key.

Rowdy
May 26th, 2019, 08:24 PM
My mom, 1a/C/iii, had long hair from childhood until she was about 36. She is 6 ft tall and it was usually around tailbone length which is 47" on her. She never used anything but shampoo and a blow dryer and always wore it down. I have some memories as a child and there are many pictures, it was just beautiful, shiny and very blunt. We aren't sure how thick it was back then but she distinctly remembers not even being able to wrap a ponytail band twice around it. She lost what she thinks is half her hair after menopause and still has a 4.5" ponytail.

The-Young-Maid
May 26th, 2019, 08:47 PM
I shampoo, condition and oil my damp hair daily. Thats it. 10-15 minutes in the shower (including soaping up myself). CWC, ROO etc.. too many steps for me. Letting something sit in my hair before rinsing it out (besides reg. conditioner) is way too much work.

Lots of people have very ...complicated routines. If it works for you great! I wouldn't consider them simple just cause you do it infrequently. But I'm biased because I've been there done that with many steps before and a real simple routine is a blessing lol I have so much more time.

akurah
May 26th, 2019, 08:56 PM
In my opinion, simplicity in a routine generally only comes after figuring what your hair likes and scalp likes. The people with more complicated routines can usually do so because their hair and scalp don't mind it. They can probably do with less, but there is no need to do with less because they like the results they get with what they have, and simplifying things further is frankly a pain in the butt and in some cases more effort than it's worth.

Sometimes simplicity is forced on you. I have very uncooperative skin, it's perpetually itching, so that rules out everything with fragrance. I use a sulfate shampoo (technically, a 2-in-1) because I need a shampoo with pyrithione zinc to alleviate itching and I haven't found one that is sulfate free. I don't usually use conditioner in the shower because I require fragrance free, and my hair doesn't appear to approve of any of the ones I've tried. sometimes I use a spray leave in, usually on dry hair, for detangling purposes. That isn't fragrance free unfortunately, but I can usually keep it adequately off my skin. At some point I plan to try Jessicurl conditioner or leave ins because you can order them fragrance free.

For me, I shampoo anywhere from once a week to once every two or three weeks. I sometimes use a leave in. I detangle almost daily. For me the only way I could get simpler is to ditch the products, and I don't know if going without my shampoo is wise.

Spikey
May 26th, 2019, 09:03 PM
My hair is also at waist, but it's been a bit longer and my routine has never changed. I shampoo and condition once a week, and brush/ comb nightly. Occasionally I chuck olive oil or conditioner at the ends, but that's out of bordom rather than routine.

If you really want a simple routine I'd check out the NW/SO thread (no water sebum only). It involves a lot of special combing and preening because you have to mechanically clean and condition your hair by moving excess sebum from your scalp down to your ends, but it's overall very simple.

HaMalka
May 26th, 2019, 09:16 PM
For me Simple does not equal Effortless.

My routine is a bit more then shampoo condition brush but not by much.

I CWC once a week if I have the energy. It is a fairly simple routine but it takes me quite a bit of effort for me to the point that if I'm not feeling well or busy it can go a month without being washed which my scalp does not like, because washing my hair is too hard/time consuming for me to deal with.

I brush-braid-bun daily and then ignore but if i don't have the energy brush-braid gets skipped and I go straight to the bun which my hair does not like.

Corvana
May 27th, 2019, 02:23 AM
My most regular routine is pretty simple: WCC, ACV rinse. That's it! I brush before I wash, and re-detangle with the conditioner (I like to wash upside down, so my hair gets a bit tangly). Then I plop and once it's dry toss it in a bun or braid. I do this once a week to once every two weeks. Simple!

I don't comb or brush my hair during the week, I very rarely need to detangle it at all anymore (knock on wood lol).

Sometimes I'm feeling spicy and will LOC and diffuse, but I don't always have the energy.

YvetteVarie
May 27th, 2019, 06:20 AM
As said upthread, afro hair does not lend itself to having effortless haircare. If you want long hair, some effort is definitely needed. But once you have your routine set, everything works.

I think my routine is effortless for afro hair. Shampoo and deep condition once a week or 2 weeks depending on how lazy I am. Then apply shea butter, detangle and airdry while stretched. Once hair is dry, do a style that lasts for a week (these days, dutch braids and buns are my go to.). That's it. Once in a while, I may experiment with something I have seen on the boards, but I really don't have much time for hair care thanks to work and 2 small children.

lithostoic
May 27th, 2019, 07:46 AM
It amazes me how many people can get away with just shampoo or shampoo and conditioner! When I did that my hair was soooooo dry and I'm only a type 1 so I don't imagine type 2 or higher could be healthy without at least a deep conditioner.

AmaryllisRed
May 27th, 2019, 08:08 AM
It amazes me how many people can get away with just shampoo or shampoo and conditioner! When I did that my hair was soooooo dry and I'm only a type 1 so I don't imagine type 2 or higher could be healthy without at least a deep conditioner.

There must be more to it than just hair type, though.
I have never used a deep conditioner on my hair and it's type 2 and very healthy. My hair is just perfectly content with minimal attention.

neko_kawaii
May 27th, 2019, 08:36 AM

There must be more to it than just hair type, though.
I have never used a deep conditioner on my hair and it's type 2 and very healthy. My hair is just perfectly content with minimal attention.

I wonder if it has to do with other factors such as average relative humidity and hard water. I did nothing but shampoo and conditioner (no DT, not even leave the condish for 2 minutes like the bottle says) until I moved here. My mom spent most of her life doing just shampoo and a vinegar rinse (I had to beg her to splurge on condish for me). It is DRY here and the water is hard. One of the first things she complained about when moving out here with me was how dry and brittle her hair had become.

littlestarface
May 27th, 2019, 09:00 AM

Hahaha it is true I see it here :rollin: I do abcdefghijklmnopqrstuv and that's it!

Ylva
May 27th, 2019, 09:00 AM
I imagine porosity makes quite a difference, too.

ETA: This was a reply to the type etc. matter!

luckydandelion
May 27th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Since my hair is so short now, I have the privilege of getting away with shampoo only :p I wash daily with VERY diluted shampoo, and my hair and scalp seem happy. I gently preen with a plastic comb before I wash to loosen debris/distribute oils though
When I had long hair I used to just use shampoo, conditioner and a random leave-in, but I hated the results:hmm:. Since I moved to a city with softer water I think I'll be able to get away with just shampoo and conditioner... We'll see!:heart:

gossamer
May 27th, 2019, 10:10 AM
I think my routine counts here, along with my hair length. So yes, it can be possible.

gingerninja
May 27th, 2019, 10:32 AM
I just co wash every month or 2 and detangle a few times a week and my hair's happy, daily bunning is the only extra thing i do and i'm approaching classic length.

lithostoic
May 27th, 2019, 10:39 AM
I wonder if it has to do with other factors such as average relative humidity and hard water. I did nothing but shampoo and conditioner (no DT, not even leave the condish for 2 minutes like the bottle says) until I moved here. My mom spent most of her life doing just shampoo and a vinegar rinse (I had to beg her to splurge on condish for me). It is DRY here and the water is hard. One of the first things she complained about when moving out here with me was how dry and brittle her hair had become.

I live in a very humid (like 80% and above every day) and I have a filter for my water ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've always had dry hair except during puberty. My skin is very dry too. Maybe I'm just an anomaly?

SurprisingWoman
May 28th, 2019, 02:02 PM
My hair is fingertip length, silver and in really good shape. Due to the color people expect it to be rough but it is silky smooth and always surprises people.

I shampoo three times a month or once a week, depending on my activities. It takes me 10 minutes to shampoo and condition my hair with Pantene, what ever kind that is on sale at Costco.

I buy my brushes at the Dollar Tree for a dollar. I started buying hair toys for the first time in February.

I don't have to do a detangle, I just brush it and it detangles. I also have a wide tooth comb I got for free when I bought a shampoo on sale at Costco that I use sometimes.

I live in Utah, which is a desert and super dry. No humidity to speak of. My water is suuuuper hard. It builds up on EVERYTHING, but my hair, evidently.

Right now I have Tressa Fuschia in the bottom layers of my hair. My hair is all one length and I don't use heat at all. I trim every 4 to 6 months or so. I wear it down when I am in public most of the time. I wear it up at home so I can do chores without having to worry about my hair dangling in the dishwasher or the cat box.

MusicalSpoons
May 28th, 2019, 02:22 PM
In my opinion, simplicity in a routine generally only comes after figuring what your hair likes and scalp likes. The people with more complicated routines can usually do so because their hair and scalp don't mind it. They can probably do with less, but there is no need to do with less because they like the results they get with what they have, and simplifying things further is frankly a pain in the butt and in some cases more effort than it's worth.

Absolutely. If I did less, even straightforward CWC, my hair would not be as happy and I'd have to wash it all at least twice a week to keep the lengths moisturised :shrug:

If you really want a simple routine I'd check out the NW/SO thread (no water sebum only). It involves a lot of special combing and preening because you have to mechanically clean and condition your hair by moving excess sebum from your scalp down to your ends, but it's overall very simple.

That to me is far more effort than I can give to my hair, because it's a lot of manipulation daily. Simple, yes, but nowhere near effortless.

I have often wondered whether my hair would be perfectly content with less conditioner and no ROO if we had soft water :hmm:

Lady Stardust
May 28th, 2019, 04:03 PM
MusicalSpoons I’m wondering whether I’ll have to drop the oil rinse when I spend a fortnight in Cornwall this summer. Last year, my hair got shorter each day as the waves took over but I was left with a filmy feeling where the oil didn’t properly rinse away.

It’s not exactly a controlled experiment because the salty sea air will also play a part :)

Zesty
May 28th, 2019, 04:29 PM
I think the minimalist police would arrest me if I claimed to have a simple or "effortless" routine. :p Wash day involves many steps. I do put effort into my hair. Could I have long hair with just shampoo and conditioner? Probably. But I don't think *my* hair in particular would be nearly as nice if I went that bare-bones.

As it is though, most of the time my process doesn't feel like a burden. I consider myself to be in benign neglect mode right now (brushing twice a week and otherwise just in a bun) but I still autopilot my wash routine and put oils in and such. I guess benign neglect is a relative term.

littlestarface
May 28th, 2019, 06:13 PM
I tried to do a simple wash today and its tough, I had to resist oil and other conditioners. At the end I had to cave and put in a leave in.

lithostoic
May 28th, 2019, 07:47 PM
I did a shampoo wash with no conditioner yesterday. Bruh my hair was not happy. It feels soft and fluffy now, but I can feel it pulling when I brush it or run my fingers through. I only did this because I am preparing to bleach a streak in my hair lol.

Hexen
May 29th, 2019, 12:17 AM
Golly...perhaps it can be beneficial to massage some kind of a pre-consumed smoothie into ones hair and scalp.

But I did apply a sprinkle of pixiedust, essence of black hole, and a void to avoid.
Plus cinnamon, and star anise. :)

hollygolightly
May 29th, 2019, 11:27 AM
when I think about people who have effortless long hair I think about people who wash everyday or every other day (for me it was an effort to teach my hair to be able to last one week in between washes) drugstore shampoo and conditioner only and regularly use heat. In my opinion this is effortless since it's people with tailbone or classic length that don't take care of their hair and still got really hair, at least longer than usual. But with LHC people I think effortless is a different term, I would say in here effortless would be shampoo only or even conditioner too once a week or twice a week. Any other steps like ROO, CWC, LOC or whatever already adds extra effort, but it seems like everyone here has different thoughts on what effortless means

ETA: are we talking about effortless long hair or effortless routines?

MlleMC
May 29th, 2019, 11:27 AM
I grew from chin to tailbone using only shampoo, and my hair still looked nice. Then, around the time I joined here, I figured I should give conditioner and oil a try. It does sometimes make my hair softer and easier to detangle, but most of the time I'm too lazy to use them. So I'd say I use conditioner maybe every other wash (and I wash every 7-10 days), and oil even less often than that, just when my ends feel too dry.

I've grown to knee doing no more than that, and my hair still felt healthy. The ends were getting damaged, but as I'm not a fan of wearing my hair in protective styles all the time, I think that's just inevitable.

Liz_H
May 29th, 2019, 02:53 PM
I was in my 40's the last time I had long hair. A simple shampoo & conditioner every 3 days or so was all I ever did. My hair looked and felt great. I grew it past BSL before I cut it. I started growing again at age 60. By APL, several inches looked awful. It was dry, rough, dull and lifeless. That's when I found this forum.

RottenMango
May 29th, 2019, 04:07 PM
I think the minimalist police would arrest me if I claimed to have a simple or "effortless" routine. :p Wash day involves many steps. I do put effort into my hair. Could I have long hair with just shampoo and conditioner? Probably. But I don't think *my* hair in particular would be nearly as nice if I went that bare-bones.

As it is though, most of the time my process doesn't feel like a burden. I consider myself to be in benign neglect mode right now (brushing twice a week and otherwise just in a bun) but I still autopilot my wash routine and put oils in and such. I guess benign neglect is a relative term.

I feel the same. I have had extremely simple hair care routines before and my hair was growing just fine, but it didn’t have the wow factor in my opinion that it does when I put more effort into my hair. My effortless routine before was washing with a shampoo bar and using coconut oil as a leave in. Now, I wash and do the LO/LCO method and I notice my hair is much shinier, silkier, and my curls fall so much better. What inspired me to go back to using hair masks was checking out the hair routines of all the super long haired girls on Instagram/the web that I personally found impressive and noticing that all the ones I adored used deep treatments (hair masks, hot oil treatments, etc.) of some sort. It made me feel like if I wanted truly impressive, super healthy hair, I should invest in it, haha. It’s comforting knowing that I can go back to an effortless hair routine if I need to, but I’m happy with my “super complicated” hair routine for now.