PDA

View Full Version : I only need about ONE INCH for this style!

Wusel
May 26th, 2019, 05:01 AM
So, I only need about one inch of length for the messy top knot/bun so all my hair above the nape stays in it. Now some strands still fall out because they aren't long enough. And I don't want to use bobby pins or mini claw clips for it. I want it to work with only one scrunchie.
Just ONE INCH! :pray: :pray: :pray:
What about you?
Are you only one inch away from a certain style you love?

TreesOfEternity
May 26th, 2019, 05:16 AM
I’m like 10 inches away from the styles I love hahaha. But one inch! that must be frustrating anyways, you are so close though! Hang in there :)

LittleHealthy
May 26th, 2019, 05:32 AM
I’m always ‘just one inch’ away from my styles working more easily �� I feel like I could do with another inch when it comes to the infinity bun!

Wusel
May 26th, 2019, 05:58 AM
I’m like 10 inches away from the styles I love hahaha. But one inch! that must be frustrating anyways, you are so close though! Hang in there :)

Okay... there's styles I need 10 inches for too... LOL! :D My hair grows an inch per month so, in 4 weeks I'm there hopefully, unless I decide to give me a bob again but since I've posted on the terminal thread that I go for terminal this time... :D

Wusel
May 26th, 2019, 05:59 AM
I’m always ‘just one inch’ away from my styles working more easily �� I feel like I could do with another inch when it comes to the infinity bun!

Infinity bun... so beautiful... but I'm so far away from that... Looking forward to it. Maybe next year :)

lapushka
May 26th, 2019, 06:58 AM
If it "just" gets there in one inch, it's not going to probably stay in the bun yet? Or is one inch the length it takes for it to stay put?

It's always... just another inch, isn't it. LOL!

AmaryllisRed
May 26th, 2019, 07:19 AM
I'm *so close* to a faux crown braid.
So close!

TreesOfEternity
May 26th, 2019, 07:28 AM
Okay... there's styles I need 10 inches for too... LOL! :D My hair grows an inch per month so, in 4 weeks I'm there hopefully, unless I decide to give me a bob again but since I've posted on the terminal thread that I go for terminal this time... :D

Wow, that’s some crazy growth you have got there! :)

For me the figure 8, braided buns, coronet braid etc I still need a lot of length to make them look good. Because if it’s one inch I need for another kind of bun, I just place it lower and that’s it usually.

Genne
May 26th, 2019, 07:30 AM
So, I only need about one inch of length for the messy top knot/bun so all my hair above the nape stays in it. Now some strands still fall out because they aren't long enough. And I don't want to use bobby pins or mini claw clips for it. I want it to work with only one scrunchie.
Just ONE INCH! :pray: :pray: :pray:
What about you?
Are you only one inch away from a certain style you love?

Congratulations!!

Although, even with my hair below my waist I still cannot get it "all up" into a bun. My nape hairs are several inches but, never stay up in a scrunch or a pin, (they are baby fine, like all my hair,) at all. Cutting them isn't worth it either because the grow out from them looks absurd on me.

Jen

Genne
May 26th, 2019, 07:35 AM

Hello,
Will you share the link for the terminal length thread? I'm trying to find it now that you mentioned it.
Thank you,
Jen

lapushka
May 26th, 2019, 08:19 AM
Hello,
Will you share the link for the terminal length thread? I'm trying to find it now that you mentioned it.
Thank you,
Jen

If you go to "advanced search", type in "terminal" and select "titles only", you should find these - there seem to be 2; here you go:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=90499&highlight=terminal
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137664&highlight=terminal

Wusel
May 26th, 2019, 08:48 AM
If it "just" gets there in one inch, it's not going to probably stay in the bun yet? Or is one inch the length it takes for it to stay put?

It's always... just another inch, isn't it. LOL!

This. I can get it into the scrunchie but it doesn't stay because the amount (quarter inch or so) IN the scrunchie is not enough to make it stay in it. This tiny bit of end slides out fast.

Wusel
May 26th, 2019, 08:51 AM
Hello,
Thank you,
Jen

I meant this one :)
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=90499&page=123&highlight=terminal

cjk
May 26th, 2019, 11:36 AM
It's always just one more inch. Just a little bit more. If only I had...

Oh this is too familiar.

Instead, try adapting to what you have available. Overcome. Make it look intentional.

https://i.imgur.com/ueJ0lAN.jpg

I wear a double braid largely because my sides aren't long enough to be reliably captured inside a single one. Shh. Nobody is supposed to know, the "complicated" braid has almost become my signature style.

And it's pretty.

Wusel
May 26th, 2019, 11:47 AM
It's always just one more inch. Just a little bit more. If only I had...

Oh this is too familiar.

Instead, try adapting to what you have available. Overcome. Make it look intentional.

https://i.imgur.com/ueJ0lAN.jpg

I wear a double braid largely because my sides aren't long enough to be reliably captured inside a single one. Shh. Nobody is supposed to know, the "complicated" braid has almost become my signature style.

And it's pretty.

Wow!!! That's PERFECTION! So wonderfully braided! GOOD JOB!!! :) :) :) Thanks for the photo :)

cjk
May 26th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Wow!!! That's PERFECTION! So wonderfully braided! GOOD JOB!!! :) :) :) Thanks for the photo :)

Well thank you!

But that's not why I showed you. My sides are too short to be reliably captured in the braids. If only I had an inch or two more...and so forth. Very much what you said in your original message.

Rather than lamenting my shortcomings, I adapted. And judging from your reaction, I did pretty good.

We all have weaknesses. Turn them into strengths.

Wusel
May 26th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Well thank you!

But that's not why I showed you. My sides are too short to be reliably captured in the braids. If only I had an inch or two more...and so forth. Very much what you said in your original message.

Rather than lamenting my shortcomings, I adapted. And judging from your reaction, I did pretty good.

We all have weaknesses. Turn them into strengths.

I know :) There is other options and workarounds but I love the 10-second-one-scrunchie-messy-bun and I miss it. It's so comfortable to throw your hair up like this in the morning :) But I will get there, I know. :)