PDA

View Full Version : Is this comb fine?

catoala
May 25th, 2019, 05:00 AM
Bought something similar to this: would it be fine to detangle with?

https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/blue-hair-comb-isolated-on-white-background-blue-hairbrush-isolated-picture-id1050746300

thanks!

lapushka
May 25th, 2019, 05:35 AM
I would get a comb with wider spaced teeth. This is not a wide-tooth comb, but something in between.

Hairsense do a bone comb (orange), the volumizing one is like the Madora comb that is popular.

neko_kawaii
May 25th, 2019, 07:06 AM
I like that spacing for really getting the tangles, lint, and loose hairs out. I have wider toothed combs and they miss things. At least once per wash cycle I use a medium tooth comb.

blackgothicdoll
May 25th, 2019, 07:08 AM
IMO it is, but I think it depends on a person's hair thickness and texture. For detangling, personally I'd think you'd want something with slightly wider teeth (but if you have very straight hair, it might just do the trick).

school of fish
May 25th, 2019, 07:13 AM
This is exactly the type of comb I use for detangling, it works beautifully for me!

Some context: my hair's nature is cobwebby fine and very tangle-prone - a proper wide tooth comb either misses the micro-tangles I get or teeth are too thick-blunt to access them effectively, and a proper fine tooth comb compacts the tangles together. This 'wide-ish tooth comb' as I like to call it is what works best for my hair's texture and tendencies :)

I imagine this tooth spacing would be too tight for coarse types, curly types, or those with a thick density of follicles. Probably works for me because of my straightish, very fine, average thickness, very-slippy-but-very-grabby-tangley type :)

Ligeia Noire
May 25th, 2019, 07:14 AM
That's exactly what i use to detangle my hair for the past twenty years. I bought a beautiful EIA with not even that wide spaced teeth and i barely use it. Is that a sageman?

AmaryllisRed
May 25th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Wow!
I can't imagine trying to yank that through my hair! That would take me forever to detangle.
My comb's teeth are *much* more widely spaced.

lapushka
May 25th, 2019, 10:27 AM
I used to detangle with a fine tooth, rat tail comb, all through my childhood (with classic length) and in my teens (when I went from 1b/c to 2b/c). :o

I know!!!

MusicalSpoons
May 25th, 2019, 10:40 AM
I can't remember what texture your hair is or how thick or anything, but my advice would be just to try it and see :) You've already bought it so no point in not trying it, and you might find it's perfect for the job - and if not, well at least then you'll know your hair wants something different.