PDA

View Full Version : Post photos of your hair scarf creations here! :)

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 03:48 AM
Thanks to some lovely people who helped me in my last thread, I have created this style. ROFL! I mean, there is a lot of room for improvement, the flower is too big for my head, I think, and it took me over half an hour but I will get there :)
I find it supercool. Nobody would ever wear this in North Germany but people know I'm a crazy Alien, so, I don't care and will go out like this as soon as there is no more rain outside.
Show me how you wrap your hair scarf, please. Would love to see :)

My hair is in a french twist in the back.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36983&d=1558517825

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 03:56 AM
My cat looks at me like...: What the hell is happening here...

embee
May 22nd, 2019, 04:50 AM
I think it's cute, My DD would wear that in a skinny minute! :) I'm not sure about me, I'm pretty old for it, and my hair has so much slip, It would be a great challenge to keep any scarf on more than a few moments indoors.

Maybe you can start a new trend. It plainly is not "for religious reasons".

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 05:02 AM
I think it's cute, My DD would wear that in a skinny minute! :) I'm not sure about me, I'm pretty old for it, and my hair has so much slip, It would be a great challenge to keep any scarf on more than a few moments indoors.

Thank you :) My grandma wore hair scarfs at the age of 80, so, I don't think anybody would be too old for that. :) I have made the flower a bit smaller now. I think it depends on the scarf if it stays or not. When I leave the house with it I'll definitely secure it with some bobbypins. But it feels like it could stay even without. Doesn't move. And I played with my cat wearing it. :)

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 05:34 AM

I think when you do it for religious (muslim) reasons, you'll have to cover your whole hair. In the back too. At least that's what muslim women here in Germany do.

Groovy Granny
May 22nd, 2019, 11:18 AM
That looks great; cool pattern too...suits you perfectly :thumbsup:

Girl, you could wear anything and look good; so pretty with an infectious personality!

I saw in another post that you and Hans ARE in a relationship :)
He seems like a great guy and I am very happy for you; you make a cute couple! :cheer:

Now if *I* was wearing that look :rolling: = crazy granny ;)

Stray_mind
May 22nd, 2019, 11:32 AM
Looks amazing. Scarves and any other headwear makes me look like an egghead so i won't even try hahaha! But looking forward to the creations everyone comes up with. :crush:

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 12:23 PM
That looks great; cool pattern too...suits you perfectly :thumbsup:

Girl, you could wear anything and look good; so pretty with an infectious personality!

I saw in another post that you and Hans ARE in a relationship :)
He seems like a great guy and I am very happy for you; you make a cute couple! :cheer:

Now if *I* was wearing that look :rolling: = crazy granny ;)

Thank you :)
Yes, we are best friends and we are in a relationship now too. :)
He is a great guy, yes. I know him since so many years :)

Crazy Granny sounds nice :) Do you know Iris Apfel? I LOOOVE her and her crazy styles. She's over 90 and a famous fashion icon! I'm pretty sure she wore something like this on her head too :D
Here: https://www.adweek.com/creativity/94-year-old-iris-apfel-cooler-youll-ever-be-new-face-two-brands-169886/

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 12:25 PM
Looks amazing. Scarves and any other headwear makes me look like an egghead so i won't even try hahaha! But looking forward to the creations everyone comes up with. :crush:

Thank you :) Yes, I would love to see a scarf style in veeery long hair. :)

From what I have researched there are scarf-styles for different head shapes, I'm sure you would find one that suits you :)

Groovy Granny
May 22nd, 2019, 12:47 PM
Thank you :)
Yes, we are best friends and we are in a relationship now too. :)
He is a great guy, yes. I know him since so many years :)

Crazy Granny sounds nice :) Do you know Iris Apfel? I LOOOVE her and her crazy styles. She's over 90 and a famous fashion icon! I'm pretty sure she wore something like this on her head too :D
Here: https://www.adweek.com/creativity/94-year-old-iris-apfel-cooler-youll-ever-be-new-face-two-brands-169886/

Nice to hear :)

You know...I have seen her pics and never knew her name....or that she has a whole line of clothing!
A search brings up all kinds of coverage about her; so weird I never saw that :hmm:

97 and counting https://www.instagram.com/iris.apfel/?hl=en

I am sure she wore that style lol....she is a great inspiration to DO YOU :flower:

Thanks for the info :heart: I will be delving into her life a bit more closely!

lapushka
May 22nd, 2019, 01:11 PM
I think it's cute! :)

TreesOfEternity
May 22nd, 2019, 01:55 PM
Oh my you are too cute!! :crush: it looks lovely.

Here in summer my hair burns under the sun unless I wear a cap so this can be a fancier alternative! I’ll share when I have time to make this style :) I don’t think people would look at me weird if I wear it, unless I covered my whole hair in which case yes I guess I’d get lots of weird looks.

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 03:42 PM
I think it's cute! :)

Thank you :) :) :) I've practiced with this scarf today a lot and it takes me 5 minutes now. Have figured out how to wrap it so I can do a better and a bit smaller flower. It's fun to learn it. :)

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 03:49 PM
Oh my you are too cute!! :crush: it looks lovely.

Here in summer my hair burns under the sun unless I wear a cap so this can be a fancier alternative! I’ll share when I have time to make this style :) I don’t think people would look at me weird if I wear it, unless I covered my whole hair in which case yes I guess I’d get lots of weird looks.

Thank you :) :) I go to Spain often (Barcelona for sightseeing, Llanca for the beach, Figueres for Dali) so I can imagine what you mean. The sun burns, especially when you have dark hair. When I'm there I wear caps and big hats but next time I will try some scarf styles :)

desisparkles
May 22nd, 2019, 04:18 PM
Aww you really pull that off wusel!

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 04:36 PM
Aww you really pull that off wusel!

Thank you :) :) :) I'm thinking of buying an even longer scarf to see how it looks when it goes around my head twice. This one is only 130cm long, I would like to try a 200cm long too. :)

enting
May 22nd, 2019, 10:23 PM
I have a rounder/squarer face so I usually place any voluminous parts of scarves farther back from my face. It also helps my face shape not to wrap too tightly/sleekly.

Keep an eye out for bobby pin damage if your hair is at all unhappy with bobbies. I've mostly switched to wearing a wig grip/velvet stretch headband under scarves to keep them on, it's kinder to my temple hairs. Some scarf textures don't need anything to keep them on, they're grabby enough on their own. Sometimes with very long hair one can do a large bun and the bun itself can prevent the wrapped scarf from slipping off!

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 10:46 PM
I have a rounder/squarer face so I usually place any voluminous parts of scarves farther back from my face. It also helps my face shape not to wrap too tightly/sleekly.

Keep an eye out for bobby pin damage if your hair is at all unhappy with bobbies. I've mostly switched to wearing a wig grip/velvet stretch headband under scarves to keep them on, it's kinder to my temple hairs. Some scarf textures don't need anything to keep them on, they're grabby enough on their own. Sometimes with very long hair one can do a large bun and the bun itself can prevent the wrapped scarf from slipping off!

That's good advice, thank you :) I often forget that you can get damage from bobby pins. I actually had a lot when I was a teen. From bobby pins and other metal clips. Lots of broken hairs. Since then I have avoided metal in my hair. Good you reminded me. :)
I have different scarfs from different fabrics. Will try different ones :)

Begemot
May 23rd, 2019, 08:37 AM
I haven't been using scarves in a long time so no pictures from me, but this thread reminded me of this hack :D You can make a cute hair scarf using a pair of leggings or a shirt https://fi.pinterest.com/pin/44965696264620764/

Wusel
May 23rd, 2019, 08:46 AM
I haven't been using scarves in a long time so no pictures from me, but this thread reminded me of this hack :D You can make a cute hair scarf using a pair of leggings or a shirt https://fi.pinterest.com/pin/44965696264620764/

WOW!!! That's a cool idea!!! I have many leggings! Thank you :) :) :)

Begemot
May 23rd, 2019, 09:08 AM
WOW!!! That's a cool idea!!! I have many leggings! Thank you :) :) :)

Glad you like the idea! Show us a picture when you try it :)

AutobotsAttack
May 23rd, 2019, 09:43 PM
Typical styles I do. Mostly for church or school when I Don’t want my hair out

Flat scarf style with bangs
https://i.imgflip.com/31rehp.jpg

Flat scarf style bangs up
https://i.imgflip.com/31reil.jpg

Feeling fancy
https://i.imgflip.com/31relf.jpg

Beanie scarf combo for colder months
https://i.imgflip.com/31rezj.jpg

All time favorite go-to style. Typically when I want height. These are actually regular pajama pants.
https://i.imgflip.com/31reo0.jpg

Same style type, more color variation
https://i.imgflip.com/31res1.jpg

There’s a bunch more, but these are just a few

Begemot
May 24th, 2019, 01:27 AM
Really nice styles, AutobotsAttack :) Your favorite pajama pants style is my favorite too, suits you beautifully!

Wusel
May 24th, 2019, 01:35 AM
YAY!!! Thank you! That's fantastic styles, AutobotsAttack :) :) :)

What shape/size of scarf is the red one and how did you do this knot? Is it twisted like a bun?

You have such a cute face, In want to hug you :) :) :)

Liz_H
May 24th, 2019, 03:30 AM
These look great, AutobotAttacks!

lapushka
May 24th, 2019, 06:29 AM
All very cute, but this one has to be my favorite:

Feeling fancy
https://i.imgflip.com/31relf.jpg

I think it's very pretty! :D

Simpscone
May 24th, 2019, 06:58 AM
AutobotsAttack what an amazing variety! I'd love to try some out, not sure how many would suit me.

I have to say too - loving the shirt!

AutobotsAttack
May 24th, 2019, 04:30 PM
Really nice styles, AutobotsAttack :) Your favorite pajama pants style is my favorite too, suits you beautifully!

Thank you!!!

These look great, AutobotAttacks!

Thanks!!!

All very cute, but this one has to be my favorite:

I think it's very pretty! :D

Awww thank you!

AutobotsAttack what an amazing variety! I'd love to try some out, not sure how many would suit me.

I have to say too - loving the shirt!

Anything can be a headscarf is what I always say lol. Whatever color or fabric you find that you like, maybe just try it out. Just start messing around with it and see what you get.

I’m a big anime and comic book fan!! Lol

AutobotsAttack
May 24th, 2019, 04:32 PM
YAY!!! Thank you! That's fantastic styles, AutobotsAttack :) :) :)

What shape/size of scarf is the red one and how did you do this knot? Is it twisted like a bun?

You have such a cute face, In want to hug you :) :) :)

They’re actually pajama pants that are really stretchy in quality. I wear a size large if that’s of any use. And yeah it’s the motion of a twisted bun, whenever you get to the top you just start stuffing the remaining parts into the center of the swirl. That’s whats gonna keep the headpiece in place.

And thank you!!! Such a sweet thing to say! :)

milosmomma
May 24th, 2019, 07:19 PM
My laptop charger is broken so I'm not sure if I can post pics using just my phone but i am going to investigate. Any ideas? Can I post them from .mobile to my albums here on the forum? Anyways you guys have some great styles!
Autobots attack I love your DBZ shirt and all your scarf styles look so cute and adorable. I feel kinda frumpy when I use my scarves which is why I normally dont leave the house with them LOL but I will share with you guys when I figure out how to get a pic up without using my laptop :)

AmaryllisRed
May 24th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I don't have a computer and do everything from my phone. You just use the full site rather than the mobile version.

milosmomma
May 24th, 2019, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I don't have a computer and do everything from my phone. You just use the full site rather than the mobile version.

Just on this forum? I have been using imgur, should I just stick with this site while on mobile?

AmaryllisRed
May 24th, 2019, 07:45 PM
Just on this forum? I have been using imgur, should I just stick with this site while on mobile?

I used imgur when I first joined here but I find it much easier to post pics to my albums here.

milosmomma
May 24th, 2019, 08:27 PM
Ok gonna give it a go, just had my head scarf photo shoot ready so upload, stand by :lol:

ETA files are too large, must downsize

Ok pics resized let's see if I got this now. Excuse my faces if they do work :)

First one is how I would normally wear for sleep. Big square silky scarf. Not so often as with silky pillow cases sometimes the silky scarf is overkill
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37023&d=1558756911

Same scarf tied with a rose bun type in the front, also good for sleeping
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37028&d=1558757112

Small square scarf, used for housework/yard work, good for protecting nape hairs. Somewhat silky.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37027&d=1558757074

White long rectangle with fringe. Rose bun tied in the front. This scarf makes my hair feel dry sometimes, does anyone else have scarves that are drying?
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37025&d=1558756983

It's a really light and see through material, not sure what it is or why it feels drying but I dont wear it often :lol:

Begemot
May 25th, 2019, 02:03 AM
Very cool styles, milosmomma! OT but your eyes are amazing :D

Tinyponies
May 25th, 2019, 02:14 AM
These are all fabulous! I love them!

I found a bunch of suggestions in a scarf tying book recently. Just gotta get psyched up to give them a try :)

My usual headscarf ties are very boring!

Aerya
May 25th, 2019, 05:05 AM
What a great thread! Everyone's scarves look amazing and you're all so cute! :flower:

milosmomma
May 25th, 2019, 10:17 AM
Thanks guys and thank you begemot <3

AutobotsAttack
May 26th, 2019, 01:04 AM
Thanks guys and thank you begemot <3

If you’re having an issue with a scarf making your hair dry, it wouldn’t hurt to put like a Durag on underneath. I have a few of them that I use for anything that’s cotton. Or a satin bonnet. One that’s not so baggy.

enting
May 26th, 2019, 02:48 AM
Depending on the material, could you soak the drying scarf in conditioner? I know some people do that with parandi that make their hair dry.

I have a terrible camera so I'm not sure I should try to take pictures of all my styles. Also, it would be a ton of pictures because I wear scarves every time I leave the house.

I could probably narrow it down to a few basic styles, though. I almost always build on the basic design of: wrap from forehead to nape, cross over at the nape, and then what I do with the hanging tails is really what varies. Tails can be wrapped up, left hanging down (but then tie it or use a hairtie to hold it together), braided into hair or if it's a square scarf folded in half, braided by itself. Tails can be roped and bunned or used to frame a bun of hair. Scarves can cover my whole head and a bun, or I can fold them narrower to be more like a headband, with or without a bun of hair. Sometimes I layer thinner scarves to create a stripey or zig zag effect.

Wusel
May 26th, 2019, 02:58 AM
@milosmomma (your nickname made me instantly think of my friend Katja who is a mom and her son's name is Milo. => Milo's mom :D )
Wow... you have huge eyes :) SOOO pretty. And a very interesting color! :)
And long eyelashes :) For people like me with Asian ancestry long eyelashes (or, at least, ANY eyelashes) are the biggest wish. :D But biotin helped a bit and since I take it. I actually have eyelashes for the first time in my life. I can see them in a magnifying mirror. LOL!
Great styles :) Thank you for the pictures.
The scarfs really suit you. All of them. :)
What I know is that cotton-mix fabrics make my hair feel dry. When I use the one from the photo, which is satin, or a silk scarf it doesn't happen. I think it's the same effect as when you sleep on a satin pillow vs. cotton. You can get dry hair and a bit of breakage from tossing and turning all night on a cotton pillow which doesn't happen when you use silk or satin.

lapushka
May 26th, 2019, 03:23 AM
milosmomma, love it!