PDA

View Full Version : SO PRETTY! How did this girl do this head scarf thingy?!

Wusel
May 21st, 2019, 06:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJg3xZj7KN8

Tell me! I want this scarf something on my head too! How did she wrap that so beautifully?

enting
May 21st, 2019, 06:50 AM
Ask her in the comments!

But my best guess would be that it's wrapped twice around her head, then the ends are tied in a bow on top, then the tails of the bow are artfully tucked into the second wrapping around her head. Some of the looking good probably has to do with the type of fabric used, but a lot of probably has to do with practicing and getting it right. Go ahead and practice, and don't try to get it too perfect, a lot of the beauty is in the way the fabric lays on its own in the bow.

WAIT

On second look, I think she might be wearing a stretchy cap as an underlayer with the scarf just tied once around her head farther back. I would go with a stretchy hijab cap or fabric bathing cap type thing, then wrap what looks like crepe backed satin or something like that over it. Start with the middle of the scarf at your nape and wrap upwards, tie at the top and tuck in the tails like I suggested up above. You will want something not too drapey or else the bow and tucks won't stand up like that. That's also what makes me think she's wearing an under-cap, because it's hard to get it to lay that smoothly in front if it's not a fluid fabric, but if it's that fluid it won't stand up like that up top. (also if you look very carefully, the front looks ever so slightly like a different shade of white than the big bow and wrap part.)

Wusel
May 21st, 2019, 06:56 AM
Ask her in the comments!

But my best guess would be that it's wrapped twice around her head, then the ends are tied in a bow on top, then the tails of the bow are artfully tucked into the second wrapping around her head. Some of the looking good probably has to do with the type of fabric used, but a lot of probably has to do with practicing and getting it right. Go ahead and practice, and don't try to get it too perfect, a lot of the beauty is in the way the fabric lays on its own in the bow.

WAIT

On second look, I think she might be wearing a stretchy cap as an underlayer with the scarf just tied once around her head farther back. I would go with a stretchy hijab cap or fabric bathing cap type thing, then wrap what looks like crepe backed satin or something like that over it. Start with the middle of the scarf at your nape and wrap upwards, tie at the top and tuck in the tails like I suggested up above. You will want something not too drapey or else the bow and tucks won't stand up like that. That's also what makes me think she's wearing an under-cap, because it's hard to get it to lay that smoothly in front if it's not a fluid fabric, but if it's that fluid it won't stand up like that up top. (also if you look very carefully, the front looks ever so slightly like a different shade of white than the big bow and wrap part.)

Thank you :) Okay, I'm trying it now. :) It's a cool idea because with that I can go to the supermarket with oiled head and nobody sees it and I look cool :) I have different scarfs, longer, shorter and different fabrics. :)

Wusel
May 21st, 2019, 06:59 AM
I would ask her in the comment but since she has almost 100.000 subs, I don't think she can answer all comments. I have only 2000 and can barely answer every comment.

Wusel
May 21st, 2019, 08:19 AM
I have tried 4 different variations with folding the bow under... it doesn't look as good as hers but I think it needs practice. It's a really good idea to hide greasy hair. Much better than my beanies and caps I wear in such situations. It looks a bit more dressed up while a cap and a beanie look very sporty and look stupid with a classy chanel-style jacket, which I wear often. I could imagine my black silk scarf like that to go nice with a black classy jacket. But only when wrapped nicely like she did it, which I'm definitely far from being able to do... LOL!

milosmomma
May 21st, 2019, 08:54 AM
I'm thinking it is a long rectangular scarf, not square. And I also assumed it was wrapped twice around, starting with the middle of the scarf in front of her forehead, wrapped around back and then brought back towards the front to tie the bow. But it also makes sense that it could be a cap underneath so I am pretty stumped. I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask, she may even make a tutorial.

-Fern
May 21st, 2019, 09:07 AM
You can also search for videos on tichels, there are dozens of variations on how people wrap theirs, and I also find it very beautiful. :o

This video has four awesome examples with pashminas, but there are tons more out there using square scarves and lighter silk scarves.
https://youtu.be/1sNoD3116r0

Wusel
May 21st, 2019, 09:55 AM
You can also search for videos on tichels, there are dozens of variations on how people wrap theirs, and I also find it very beautiful. :o

This video has four awesome examples with pashminas, but there are tons more out there using square scarves and lighter silk scarves.
https://youtu.be/1sNoD3116r0

Thank you. :) I have googled 'tichel', never heard that word before :) Interesting. Watching :) :) :)

Wusel
May 21st, 2019, 09:56 AM
I'm thinking it is a long rectangular scarf, not square. And I also assumed it was wrapped twice around, starting with the middle of the scarf in front of her forehead, wrapped around back and then brought back towards the front to tie the bow. But it also makes sense that it could be a cap underneath so I am pretty stumped. I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask, she may even make a tutorial.

Yes, it looks somehow like there's a cap underneath. I have looked closer in HD and the fabric above her forehead looks slightly different.

Wusel
May 21st, 2019, 10:06 AM
I have asked in the comment :) Maybe we are lucky and she answers. :)

The-Young-Maid
May 21st, 2019, 12:31 PM
Sorry but is she really claiming to grow an inch overnight?? People love to lie for views I swear.

Wusel
May 21st, 2019, 12:38 PM
Sorry but is she really claiming to grow an inch overnight?? People love to lie for views I swear.

I don't know... she is not the only one who did this method and says that it gives so much growth. I want to give it a try tomorrow and will tell you :).

The-Young-Maid
May 21st, 2019, 12:54 PM
I don't know... she is not the only one who did this method and says that it gives so much growth. I want to give it a try tomorrow and will tell you :).

It just relaxed/flattened her texture. If she measured accurately she'd realize there was no actual growth.

It just baffles me that so many people pretend that it worked for them and leave comments.

blackgothicdoll
May 21st, 2019, 01:31 PM
Oh yeah you've gotta take those 'my hair grew overnight' videos posting by curly type hair with a grain of salt. It's so easy for our hair to look like a different length. My hair, when pulled straight, is one length when wet and one length when dry. If I apply conditioner and pull it straight, it may be even longer than if I were to just shampoo it and pull it straight. Because products and moisture effect the elasticity of hair, and then only way to properly measure it requires applying tension, it's difficult to get the exact same result each time (which is why I just don't even bother trying to measure my hair, outside of body markers).

Awhile ago I looked for videos of ppl with straight hair who have tried this method and claimed it work AND provided proof, and founded zero.

LadyCelestina
May 21st, 2019, 01:43 PM
Oh yeah you've gotta take those 'my hair grew overnight' videos posting by curly type hair with a grain of salt. It's so easy for our hair to look like a different length. My hair, when pulled straight, is one length when wet and one length when dry. If I apply conditioner and pull it straight, it may be even longer than if I were to just shampoo it and pull it straight. Because products and moisture effect the elasticity of hair, and then only way to properly measure it requires applying tension, it's difficult to get the exact same result each time (which is why I just don't even bother trying to measure my hair, outside of body markers).

Awhile ago I looked for videos of ppl with straight hair who have tried this method and claimed it work AND provided proof, and founded zero.

This. Even stretched length in curly hair is not 100% accurate - I mean it might be accurate in terms of body marks but not accurate as to exact inches/cm. I can never stretch a strand totally straight, threre's always a little kink somewhere further up the length of the strand, and the curliest my hair gets is 3b.

The only time my hair is 100% straight is under the shower, with water running through it, and that's when I "measure" based on which body mark it hits :lol:

lapushka
May 21st, 2019, 02:50 PM

Yes it's not physically possible. Why oh why do people believe it. :no:

Wusel
May 21st, 2019, 03:04 PM
It just relaxed/flattened her texture. If she measured accurately she'd realize there was no actual growth.

It just baffles me that so many people pretend that it worked for them and leave comments.

I will try it anyway. Always wanted to try eggs on my hair :)
I see that many people commented on her scarf and want to know how she did it.

lunasea
May 21st, 2019, 09:01 PM
Wrapunzel specializes in tichels and tichel underpinnings. Here is their tutorial page. (https://wrapunzel.com/tutorials/) Also, here is a video for a very similar wrap from wrapunzel's youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/lvyUz0jctb8

Liz_H
May 21st, 2019, 10:15 PM
Deleted oops

Liz_H
May 21st, 2019, 10:27 PM
I love the way this woman wears a slightly bulky snood for volume. Very pretty results.

It occurs to me that wearing a snood over oiled hair would keep your scarves clean.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1cev1X8trvU

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 03:14 AM
Wrapunzel specializes in tichels and tichel underpinnings. Here is their tutorial page. (https://wrapunzel.com/tutorials/) Also, here is a video for a very similar wrap from wrapunzel's youtube channel.

https://youtu.be/lvyUz0jctb8

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! Have subbed to her and watching! This flower is so beautiful too! And looks like very easy to do!!! I could do that only with the long scarf and my hair bunned in the back so I hide my oiled roots in the front. YAY!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 03:38 AM
ROFL!!!
A bit too big and far from perfect but I'm getting there... practicing.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36983&d=1558517825

Liz_H
May 22nd, 2019, 05:03 AM
This is really cute.

ROFL!!!
A bit too big and far from perfect but I'm getting there... practicing.:bounce::bounce::bounce:

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36983&d=1558517825

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 05:09 AM
This is really cute.

Thank you :) I have made a thread on hair scarf creations. I would love to see how other TLHC members do it :)

lunasea
May 22nd, 2019, 09:03 AM
That is totally cute on you!

enting
May 22nd, 2019, 10:10 AM
Too big? What nonsense, it's grand! I love the scarf you used, too. Wrapunzel is an excellent resource for stylish wrapping, I've watched a lot of her videos.
If I were to wrap over oiled hair or hair with a treatment in it, I would either wear some sort of snood/cap under the scarf or I would wear a plain black scarf as an underlayer - I can wash it and it won't show oil stains.

I believe that "tichel" would be the Yiddish for "headscarf" or "kerchief" but I wasn't sure of the literal meaning so I just looked up the etymology. Wiktionary says it's the diminutive of the German/Bavarian "tuch" meaning cloth. So that's more or less a "little cloth" rather than head cloth, but in practice it always means a cloth used for the head.

Wusel
May 22nd, 2019, 12:57 PM
That is totally cute on you!
Thank you :) :) :)

Too big? What nonsense, it's grand! I love the scarf you used, too. Wrapunzel is an excellent resource for stylish wrapping, I've watched a lot of her videos.
If I were to wrap over oiled hair or hair with a treatment in it, I would either wear some sort of snood/cap under the scarf or I would wear a plain black scarf as an underlayer - I can wash it and it won't show oil stains.

I believe that "tichel" would be the Yiddish for "headscarf" or "kerchief" but I wasn't sure of the literal meaning so I just looked up the etymology. Wiktionary says it's the diminutive of the German/Bavarian "tuch" meaning cloth. So that's more or less a "little cloth" rather than head cloth, but in practice it always means a cloth used for the head.

Yes :) With oil I have a black scarf to put under this one.
True! Now I see, tichel does sound German, yes. :) Thank you :)