PDA

View Full Version : Hair color?

catoala
May 19th, 2019, 07:19 AM
Hi again hah!

Basssicaally, when you look at my hair, it looks as a dark brown. When you come up close, it look light brown. in sun, almost blonde.... sometimes dark red. What? I don't understand it.. It has also always been like this too!

lapushka
May 19th, 2019, 08:07 AM
Hi again hah!

Basssicaally, when you look at my hair, it looks as a dark brown. When you come up close, it look light brown. in sun, almost blonde.... sometimes dark red. What? I don't understand it.. It has also always been like this too!

Perfectly normal. :) Only dye usually has one uniform color.

Panthera
May 19th, 2019, 08:25 AM
It's physics. :) Something to do with wavelength and how your hair absorbs light, how the light reflects from your hair and what kind of light it is and so on.

Dark40
May 19th, 2019, 02:13 PM
My natural hair used to do that during 2 different seasons. In the winter even in the sun it would look darkest brown, and in the spring and summer in the sunlight or even indoors it looks sandy brown or blondish. But nowadays I color mine blonde.

lithostoic
May 19th, 2019, 02:22 PM
My hair changes a lot in different lighting. Eyes too. I think that's pretty normal! Cool phenomenon.

Dark40
May 19th, 2019, 02:25 PM
Yeah, that is a cool phenomenon.

Aerya
May 19th, 2019, 03:17 PM
The undyed part of my hair is like that too. Sometimes it blends well with the dark brown/auburn dyed colour, and sometimes it looks greyish blonde.

It's the same in childhood pictures. Golden dark blonde in some, dark brown in others.

SurprisingWoman
May 19th, 2019, 04:02 PM
When I was 15, I met a boy (man) at the skating rink. He told me that my hair was chestnut brown with red highlights. I was so enthralled by his poetic word play that I almost gave him my phone number. A few days later at the swimming pool, another older boy told me that my hair was as bright as a copper penny. He didn't get my phone number either but I remember both compliments coming within days of each other years later.

blackgothicdoll
May 19th, 2019, 04:53 PM
Same, mine ranges from off-black to medium brown, to coppery.

erebus
May 19th, 2019, 04:57 PM
My hair can also look very different, even just facing a different way in the sun can make it reflect light differently and change the colour. Weirdly enough, I think my hair's been getting lighter in the last few years too (I was blonde as a kid, then it got darker, and now lighter again, but I may be imagining).

MusicalSpoons
May 19th, 2019, 05:01 PM
Mine goes from golden blonde with white-blonde streaks through to light brown, via some reddish tones. Most of my hair pics I take with flash because it's the only way I can get the details of the hairtoys to show (both user and camera are less than great :lol:) so my hair comes out quite golden, but in reality it's kind of sandy, but maybe a bit darker than sandy - damp sand?! :laugh: I dunno :shrug:

Dark40
May 19th, 2019, 06:00 PM
When I was 15, I met a boy (man) at the skating rink. He told me that my hair was chestnut brown with red highlights. I was so enthralled by his poetic word play that I almost gave him my phone number. A few days later at the swimming pool, another older boy told me that my hair was as bright as a copper penny. He didn't get my phone number either but I remember both compliments coming within days of each other years later.

I had a girlfriend in high school that I met also at the skating rink, and her hair was hip length like yours is in your profile photo. BTW, your hip length blonde hair is gorgeous!!! It looks so healthy and shiny!!! But my girlfriend's hair natural hair color was dark brown blondish highlights like mine. Which was ironic. We both had the same natural hair color, texture, and hair type. We were actually hair twins. We didn't have the same hair length but everything else was the same.

Ylva
May 19th, 2019, 06:07 PM
I had a girlfriend in high school that I met also at the skating rink, and her hair was hip length like yours is in your profile photo. BTW, your hip length blonde hair is gorgeous!!! It looks so healthy and shiny!!! But my girlfriend's hair natural hair color was dark brown blondish highlights like mine. Which was ironic. We both had the same natural hair color, texture, and hair type. We were actually hair twins. We didn't have the same hair length but everything else was the same.

SurprisingWoman's avatar hair looks more like classic to me than hip.

Stardreamer
May 19th, 2019, 09:25 PM

That's so sweet - you must've got a lot of attention. Your hair colour has changed a lot and would look good either way.

My hair: can be light brown to pretty dark brown but I think it's in the middle. Can look reddish. Some bits look blondeish too.

Liz H
May 19th, 2019, 11:27 PM
When I was a little girl, my sister and I spent most of the summer outdoors. Our hair sunbleaches easily. I don't remember what my hair looked like, but I can still see hers. She was always blond, but I that summer she had dark roots.