PDA

View Full Version : 2 year anniversary!

Corvana
May 16th, 2019, 09:16 PM
I missed it, yesterday :laugh: But it's been two years since I joined LHC!

My first length shot, before my last big trim to even up my growing out undercut.

https://i.imgur.com/3FfpCg0.jpg

I joined with the hope to grow my hair to waist length, and then decided on hip length maybe a week later :laugh: And now I'm looking to grow to FTL!

A comparison of May and October, which was a few months after I cut out the last underlayers. I'd also decided by then to stop with monthly photos, and only do quarterly, as I was becoming obsessed and also discouraged over my growth. I consider October 2017 as my "real" first length shot, as it was taken with the intention that I wouldn't need to do any big trims unless something awful happened. The difference between May and October is perhaps an inch, at most!

https://i.imgur.com/IorIrvD.png

Here's a year's growth, October 2017 - October 2018, CBL to BSL!

https://i.imgur.com/G8nqpIR.png

And of course, my most recent length shot, from April! Waist+, with about 2" to hip? Give or take half an inch. That's where my hands are placed, and I think I'll be there in August or so.

https://i.imgur.com/5Q4WgRU.png

I've gained 11 inches in total, accounting for the inches lost to the big trim (nearly three) and my small trim (half inch) at the start of the year. I've also gained TEXTURE, which is honestly the thing I'm the most excited about.

milosmomma
May 16th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Corvana, that is an amazing inspiring hairiversary! I love how you can see it become wurlier too, congratulations on 2 years :)

desisparkles
May 16th, 2019, 09:40 PM
:cheer::disco::cheer::disco::cheer::disco::cheer:: disco::cheer::disco:

beautiful texture and I love that length!!!

Vacurlylady
May 16th, 2019, 09:48 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair has come a long way! It is so encouraging! I do love the added texture in your latest picture. It is gorgeous!!! 😍

AmaryllisRed
May 16th, 2019, 11:14 PM
Congratulations!
I must say, your hair journey is one of my favorites to watch. The length and the texture-- it's like your hair is really coming into its own. Inspiring!

hayheadsbird
May 16th, 2019, 11:29 PM
Wow, that such a difference! Congratulations on two years 😁

illicitlizard
May 16th, 2019, 11:30 PM
Congrats on 2 years!! Your hair's looking great, and that texture is just lovely! Gives me hope that you've gained so much in such a (relatively) short amount of time and with minimal trimming :)

-Fern
May 16th, 2019, 11:31 PM
:applause Beautiful, Corvana!!

Corvana
May 17th, 2019, 12:23 AM
Corvana, that is an amazing inspiring hairiversary! I love how you can see it become wurlier too, congratulations on 2 years :)

Thank you! I can wish it'll become even wurlier, but I think I'm at my limit :laugh: But hey, it's waaaay wavier than I ever imagined, and I can't be even a little upset over it.

Thank you so much! Funnily enough, I keep seeing it as much shorter in my mind's eye, so when I was making the thread I kept thinking "this can't be right!" about that last photo :rollin:

Happy Anniversary! Your hair has come a long way! It is so encouraging! I do love the added texture in your latest picture. It is gorgeous!!! ��

Thank you! I can't believe how long it is, honestly. I keep thinking it's still about MBL, so it's always a delightful surprise when I feel it or see it again.

Congratulations!
I must say, your hair journey is one of my favorites to watch. The length and the texture-- it's like your hair is really coming into its own. Inspiring!

Oh goodness, I think I'm blushing! Thank you! I've never before LHC truly loved my hair, and I can say now with full truth that I absolutely adore it, and can't wait to see it go further.

Wow, that such a difference! Congratulations on two years ��

Thank you! It's like two different people! Some days I can hardly believe it's actually my hair :laugh:

Congrats on 2 years!! Your hair's looking great, and that texture is just lovely! Gives me hope that you've gained so much in such a (relatively) short amount of time and with minimal trimming :)

Thanks so much!! I think my total trims have been right at three inches, now that I've actually looked it up. A little over 2.5" for the first big one, and a little under .5" for the trim in January. But I do have a rather short torso from shoulder to BCL, with SL to APL being a massive 6.5", and then APL to waist is 6" or so, and another 6" or so from waist to BCL! That's give or take 3 years of growth for me (I average a touch over the average .5" a month), and I expect to hit BCL this year, right about on time for that!

But from then on it'll be aaaaaaaages, because BCL to classic is about 10"!

:applause Beautiful, Corvana!!

Thank you! :o

akuamoonmaui
May 17th, 2019, 12:25 AM
Your hair is just lovely!

Begemot
May 17th, 2019, 12:51 AM
Happy 2 year anniversary, Corvana! :blossom: :bottomsup: Your hair is beautiful and hip length is not far away!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 17th, 2019, 01:40 AM
Happy 2nd Hairiversary, Corvana! Your hair looks happy and flourishing, whatever you are doing is working :D

Tinyponies
May 17th, 2019, 02:08 AM
Heartfelt congrats on your journey so far, your hair is utterly beautiful. *all* of it looks tip top, and that’s super inspiring.

Stardreamer
May 17th, 2019, 02:15 AM
:cheer::disco::cheer::disco::cheer::disco::cheer:: disco::cheer::disco:

Those bananas look so funny!

Corvana you've come far!

YvetteVarie
May 17th, 2019, 03:35 AM
Congratulations on your progress. Your hair looks absolutely beautiful

GrowinIt
May 17th, 2019, 04:49 AM
You have beautiful hair! Thank you for the hairspiration =). It encourages me to continue patiently growing!

Crysania
May 17th, 2019, 05:12 AM
Your hair is beautiful, awesome progress!:cheer:

embee
May 17th, 2019, 05:57 AM
Wow, that'a a lot of growth! :) Looks great.

spitfire511
May 17th, 2019, 05:58 AM
GORGEOUS!! And congrats on the hair-a-versary! :flowers:

paulownia
May 17th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Congratulations on your anniversary:D
Amazing progress, in only 2 years!:blossom:

TatsuOni
May 17th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks great!

BerrySara
May 17th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Wow that is an amazing journey Corvana, and your hair is super lovely! The texture is stunning! it's truly inspirational for those of us on our way to grow out our hair to see such progress in two years!

Estrid
May 17th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Congrats, Corvana! You've had some amazing progress :o

Stray_mind
May 17th, 2019, 12:45 PM
That is Crazy good progress! Congratulations!

RubberDucky
May 17th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Your hair looks beautiful - congrats on the 2nd anniversary!

Lady Stardust
May 17th, 2019, 02:12 PM
I love to see your hair Corvana! I’ve said it before, but it looks like it’s been set free! It’s exploded into lovely waves and it’s flourishing.

Congratulations on your anniversary :)

SleepyTangles
May 17th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Super pretty Corvana! I agree, the texture is lovely, the strands look very healthy and bouncy :hifive:

Jas
May 17th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Your hair is just gorgeous, I love the bouncy waves! Two years has made such a dramatic difference - can't wait to see you at your goal length!

Ylva
May 17th, 2019, 04:12 PM
Congratulations on your 2-year hairiversary! :)

lapushka
May 17th, 2019, 04:22 PM
I've gained 11 inches in total, accounting for the inches lost to the big trim (nearly three) and my small trim (half inch) at the start of the year. I've also gained TEXTURE, which is honestly the thing I'm the most excited about.

Your hair looks amazing, Corvana! :)
Congratulations! :applause

Corvana
May 18th, 2019, 12:35 AM
Your hair is just lovely!

Thank you!

Happy 2 year anniversary, Corvana! Your hair is beautiful and hip length is not far away!

Thanks!! It's suuuper close now, I can reach it if I tip my head just a tiny bit!

Happy 2nd Hairiversary, Corvana! Your hair looks happy and flourishing, whatever you are doing is working

Thank you!! It certainly feels that way!

Heartfelt congrats on your journey so far, your hair is utterly beautiful. *all* of it looks tip top, and that’s super inspiring.

Oh gosh, thanks so much! Your hair is just as beautiful! LHC has been great for my hair health, that's for sure.

Corvana you've come far!

Thank you!

Congratulations on your progress. Your hair looks absolutely beautiful

Thanks! :o

You have beautiful hair! Thank you for the hairspiration. It encourages me to continue patiently growing!

Thank you!! You should definitely keep growing, your hair is lovely, too!

Your hair is beautiful, awesome progress!

Thanks so much!

Wow, that'a a lot of growth! Looks great.

Thank you!

GORGEOUS!! And congrats on the hair-a-versary!

:o Thanks!! I can't believe it's been so long, honestly. Feels like way less!

Congratulations on your anniversary
Amazing progress, in only 2 years!

Thank you! LHC is like a miracle :laugh:

Congrats! Your hair looks great!

Thanks!

Wow that is an amazing journey Corvana, and your hair is super lovely! The texture is stunning! it's truly inspirational for those of us on our way to grow out our hair to see such progress in two years!

Thank you so much! :crush:

Congrats, Corvana! You've had some amazing progress

Thank you! You have as well, and I can't wait to see your gorgeous mane at my length!

That is Crazy good progress! Congratulations!

Thanks!! Your own has had some crazy good progress as well!

Your hair looks beautiful - congrats on the 2nd anniversary!

Thank you!

I love to see your hair Corvana! I’ve said it before, but it looks like it’s been set free! It’s exploded into lovely waves and it’s flourishing.

Congratulations on your anniversary :)

:blushing: Thank you so much, that means a lot! It really feels like it is, too.

Super pretty Corvana! I agree, the texture is lovely, the strands look very healthy and bouncy

Thank you!

Your hair is just gorgeous, I love the bouncy waves! Two years has made such a dramatic difference - can't wait to see you at your goal length!

It has, hasn't it? And for you, as well! And thank you!

Your hair looks amazing, Corvana! :)
Congratulations!

Thanks so much! I can't wait until it's as long as yours is now! I hope it'll be half as lovely, too!

MusicalSpoons
May 18th, 2019, 12:34 PM
Beautiful! Such progress in length and health, as evidenced by your waves surfacing :D

Groovy Granny
May 18th, 2019, 12:54 PM
Congrats on your progress; your hair is very pretty :applause:

Corvana
May 18th, 2019, 03:31 PM
Beautiful! Such progress in length and health, as evidenced by your waves surfacing :D

Thank you!! And your waves are surfacing as well! I saw your recent pic in your thread, and I think you're at the least 1c/2a, but leaning a bit harder on the 2a side.

Congrats on your progress; your hair is very pretty :applause:

Thank you so much!! Your silver is so gorgeous that I dream of having it when I finally go grey :crush: And I dream of going grey the way Crystawni is!

MusicalSpoons
May 18th, 2019, 03:56 PM
Thank you!! And your waves are surfacing as well! I saw your recent pic in your thread, and I think you're at the least 1c/2a, but leaning a bit harder on the 2a side.

I love how we both joined thinking we had straight hair and have both since discovered waves! :laugh: That picture really was a surprise to me as I *always* airdry overnight so I had no idea how much it did when left to its own devices :bigeyes:

Thank you so much!! Your silver is so gorgeous that I dream of having it when I finally go grey :crush: And I dream of going grey the way Crystawni is!

^ Ditto ditto ditto, all of this :crush:

Corvana
May 18th, 2019, 04:18 PM
I love how we both joined thinking we had straight hair and have both since discovered waves! :laugh: That picture really was a surprise to me as I *always* airdry overnight so I had no idea how much it did when left to its own devices :bigeyes:

Yes, me too!

Oh yeah I've noticed the same, as well! I usually air-dry overnight after diffusing my roots, because I like to shower later in the day (it always leaves me so sleepy!), so the rare time that I manage to do it earlier and then air dry with it behind my chair always surprises me!

I wonder what sort of waves you could get with just plopping :bigeyes:

lapushka
May 18th, 2019, 04:31 PM
Thanks so much! I can't wait until it's as long as yours is now! I hope it'll be half as lovely, too!

I'm willing to bet it will, and it will be even better than you think! Classic is such a lovely length! :)

FennFire911
May 18th, 2019, 06:54 PM
Congrats on your hair-iversary! Your growth is so beautiful!

Krissycats
May 18th, 2019, 06:57 PM
Your hair is beautiful! You joined just a few months before I did and our hair is about the same length. I've enjoyed watching your hair journey!

Groovy Granny
May 18th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Thank you so much!! Your silver is so gorgeous that I dream of having it when I finally go grey :crush:

^ Ditto ditto ditto, all of this :crush:
Awww thank you both :flowers:

shaluwm_agape
May 18th, 2019, 08:52 PM
Such awesome growth Corvana! Congrats

enting
May 18th, 2019, 11:34 PM
Congratulations on two years! Your hair has grown and changed a lot!

_fred_
May 18th, 2019, 11:48 PM
Congratulations and happy anniversary! It's really cool to see how you've grown into those wurls, and it all looks gorgeous. :cheer:

LittleHealthy
May 19th, 2019, 01:47 AM
Happy two years, Corvana!! Your strategy of dropping back to quarterly length checks is a great idea; something I should consider myself. I LOVE your waves, isn’t it amazing how your hair has transformed like that! The long hair definitely looks lovely on you, no doubt you will reach your goal of FTL just fine!

Corvana
May 21st, 2019, 05:01 PM
Congrats on your hair-iversary! Your growth is so beautiful!

Thank you!

Your hair is beautiful! You joined just a few months before I did and our hair is about the same length. I've enjoyed watching your hair journey!

Thanks!! I love your hair, too :crush: And it looks like you're really close to your goal! I can't wait to see you get there.

Such awesome growth Corvana! Congrats

Thank you! You've had some amazing growth, as well! I can't wait for your 2 year post this December ;)

Congratulations on two years! Your hair has grown and changed a lot!

Thanks! For the better, too, which is a first for me :laugh:

Congratulations and happy anniversary! It's really cool to see how you've grown into those wurls, and it all looks gorgeous. :cheer:

Thank you so much _fred_! I miss seeing you in my growth threads!

Happy two years, Corvana!! Your strategy of dropping back to quarterly length checks is a great idea; something I should consider myself. I LOVE your waves, isn’t it amazing how your hair has transformed like that! The long hair definitely looks lovely on you, no doubt you will reach your goal of FTL just fine!

Thank you! It has really helped to take them less often, even if I find myself to be a bit of a stickler for them (no length shots in between, even if I hit a milestone, so I'm always a little annoyed when milestones don't line up with my photos :laugh:) But it's so much easier to see growth, even just with two right after each other! I definitely recommend that, or at least making a folder where you put quarterly photos and don't look at them until it's time for the next one to be tossed in the folder. Then you can have a photo every month, and still have an easy way to compare quarterly! But if you're like me, and the monthly photos cause more negativity than positivity, drop to quarterly for sure.

I'm amazed by the transformation every day! And I really can't wait to see it at FTL now! I imagine it'll be like a renaissance painting :crush:

:laugh: I really love my hair :rollin: