View Full Version : Let's collect: What made your hair grow faster?

Wusel
May 10th, 2019, 12:10 AM
I have searched and there is no thread where all methods which actually worked are listed.
There is some threads here and there on single methods but not all in one. Or it's too long ago and I can't find it.
And since it's a common question of many of us I thought it should get its own thread.
And very interesting for me since I'm one of the biggest 'GIMME LENGTH, FAAAST' crazy going idiots. ROFL!
So, which methods, foods, changes in routine, life etc. actually gave you more growth per month? (proven/measured).
For me it's definitely:

hair vitamins (biotin and a multivitamin),
massages,
regular washes (3 times a week, my scalp freaks out and growth stops when my scalp gets oily, I need very clean scalp to grow)
Inversion Method (gives me up to 3cm per month)
As for now I have the feeling that onion and garlic make me grow faster. But not sure. Will continue for two other months and measure.

illicitlizard
May 10th, 2019, 12:39 AM
regular washes (3 times a day
:bigeyes: I hope you mean 3x a week? Otherwise, that's a lot of product, wet hair and time in the shower. I can feel my skin crying just from thinking about washing it 3 times a day...

I've found nothing has changed the growth rate of my hair. Granted I've not tried much but frequency of washing, scalp massages and eating more protein have been a bust. And the evidence for unnecessary supplements (not treating deficiency) isn't enough for me to spend my money on them.

A massive help for increasing net growth however has been putting down the damn scissors! :P

Wusel
May 10th, 2019, 12:47 AM
:bigeyes: I hope you mean 3x a week? Otherwise, that's a lot of product, wet hair and time in the shower.

ROFL! Yes. Sure, week. Just corrected.

Wusel
May 10th, 2019, 12:50 AM
I've found nothing has changed the growth rate of my hair. Granted I've not tried much but frequency of washing, scalp massages and eating more protein have been a bust. And the evidence for unnecessary supplements (not treating deficiency) isn't enough for me to spend my money on them.

I'm taking supplements because my nutrition doesn't give me all vitamins and minerals I need. I don't eat fruit and veg since about 2013 (besides avocados), so, I think I need some supplementation. I also have light urticaria which means that I can't enjoy sun and build Vitamin D, so, I get it from my dermatologist since years.

Joules
May 10th, 2019, 02:03 AM
Nothing. What really helped me gain length was good hair care that prevented breakage and splits. I do believe that vitamin supplements improved my hair in general (like, made the strands themselves stronger), but as for speeding up growth, no. I tried quite a lot, some things just didn't work, some made me gain a lot of weight, like high doses of biotin. Even head massages didn't work and I need massages, I have circulatory issues in my head and neck, it was my best bet and it failed me :wail:

Sooooo yeah, I'm super skeptical and I don't believe there's anything that can speed up growth. At least in the DIY realm. Maybe there are strong hormonal treatments that work. Other than that, anyone who claimed something made their hair grow faster already had fast-growing hair or hair that grows in spurts. Or they had a vitamin deficiency or some sort of an underlying condition, taking supplements improved it and therefore improved growth.

Wusel
May 10th, 2019, 02:55 AM
Nothing. What really helped me gain length was good hair care that prevented breakage and splits. I do believe that vitamin supplements improved my hair in general (like, made the strands themselves stronger), but as for speeding up growth, no. I tried quite a lot, some things just didn't work, some made me gain a lot of weight, like high doses of biotin. Even head massages didn't work and I need massages, I have circulatory issues in my head and neck, it was my best bet and it failed me :wail:

Sooooo yeah, I'm super skeptical and I don't believe there's anything that can speed up growth. At least in the DIY realm. Maybe there are strong hormonal treatments that work. Other than that, anyone who claimed something made their hair grow faster already had fast-growing hair or hair that grows in spurts. Or they had a vitamin deficiency or some sort of an underlying condition, taking supplements improved it and therefore improved growth.

Yes... biotin made me gain weight too in the first 6 months or so. 5 kilos. I went from 54 to 59. I got it from the dermatologist because I had such a huge shed in the beginning of last year that I had big bald spots all over my head and half of the hair I usually have. She looked at my head and said: "Well, I see bald spots, we'll have to do something about that as fast as possible." That was the scariest thing someone ever said to me... :(. So, I started taking the biotin and after about 5 months the shedding stopped and I had gained the 5 kilos. But now I'm losing it again, without doing anything for it. I'm at 56,5 now. I was at the doctor yesterday and he weighed me. So, I think the gaining from biotin might be temporary only and the pounds disappear when your body gets used to it.
I'm sceptical too but I also believe in autosuggestion. That if you believe that something would work it will.
I see that you love sulphates and silicones. Same for my hair. When I go without for longer than a month my hair and scalp freak out. :D

OhSuzi
May 10th, 2019, 03:12 AM
I strongly believe there is no fancy quick fix.
Eat reasonably healthily & it'll just grow at the rate its supposed to - my friends at uni attempted to live on nothing but baked beans and noodles with butter in attempt to save money, til their skin got terrible and their hair started to fall out!
Getting pregnant can make it grow more & appear more luscious, but then you tend to have serious shedding afterwards.

Benign Neglect do barely anything to it or yourself at all!
Eat reasonably healthy normal diet – everything in moderation.
Get out side in the sunshine & be mildly active.
Don’t got to the hair dressers every 5 minutes.
Don’t dye / bleach your hair or add chemicals for straightning / perming / rinsing out previous colours etc.
Don’t use straightners & mega strong heat tools on it. If you’re going to use a hair dryer use it with cool air.
Get a decent brush / gentle wide tooth comb / brush.
Don’t over brush it. Be gentle when you do & brush the bottom tangles out first and work your way up the hair rather than starting at the top to cause mega tangles and breaks at the bottom.
Find a shampoo/condition wash routine that works for you – if possible stretch your washes.
Wear your hair in protective styles braids / buns.
PATIENCE
It took Two and a half years (with one 4 inch hair chop to even out the layers) for my hair from pixie crop to arm pit length– which I now consider the beginnings of long & Ill just keep growing.

All boring but true, you can try tipping your head upside down and wearing avocado on your head every night and swallowing a whole load of vitamins & biotin that gives you spots, you probably don’t need and will end up peeing back out – but as far as Im concerned that’s time & money wasted and so much effort for something that would happen all the same if you just stick your hair up and forget about it.

If you have a really short terminal hair length or a specific condition / health issue that’s stopping your hair from growing, I guess speak to a professional or other people going through the same thing as they may be able to help more.
But for most people it just happens. There are days when you wish it would happen faster, days when you worry that’s its not growing, when your bored of the colour, when you see some one with a snazzy short cool hair do & youre tempted to chop – but they pass & you forget about your hair again for a bit and before you know it – you’ll be trapping your hair in hand bag straps and eating it in you dinner like the rest of us!

Joules
May 10th, 2019, 03:36 AM
Yes... biotin made me gain weight too in the first 6 months or so. 5 kilos. I went from 54 to 59. I got it from the dermatologist because I had such a huge shed in the beginning of last year that I had big bald spots all over my head and half of the hair I usually have. She looked at my head and said: "Well, I see bald spots, we'll have to do something about that as fast as possible." That was the scariest thing someone ever said to me... :(. So, I started taking the biotin and after about 5 months the shedding stopped and I had gained the 5 kilos. But now I'm losing it again, without doing anything for it. I'm at 56,5 now. I was at the doctor yesterday and he weighed me. So, I think the gaining from biotin might be temporary only and the pounds disappear when your body gets used to it.
I'm sceptical too but I also believe in autosuggestion. That if you believe that something would work it will.
I see that you love sulphates and silicones. Same for my hair. When I go without for longer than a month my hair and scalp freak out. :D

You're lucky, my weight never went away on its own :wail: it just shows that whatever biotin gave me wasn't a temporary side-effect at all :wail:

Sulfates helped my hair a lot! I was sulfate and silicone-free for 8 years, and I was experiencing hard water and product buildup without even realising it. It was damaging my ends and causing breakage. Who could have guessed that I had to use sulfates in order to make my hair less dry? My scalp suffered quite a lot on a sulfate-free routine too. So yeah, I'm a big believer in chemicals :lol:

OhSuzi, you reminded me of this timeless classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ciMuVhDXA

OhSuzi
May 10th, 2019, 04:09 AM
:) funny cause its true!

Joules
May 10th, 2019, 04:16 AM
:) funny cause its true!

it's the only thing that works for everyone without fail :D

Wusel
May 10th, 2019, 05:40 AM
it's the only thing that works for everyone without fail :D

DAMN. I have everything. Vitamins, oils, massages... but I don't have Patience. I need that Patience Soap or Shampoo. Will google where I can get it. ROFL!

Joules
May 10th, 2019, 05:43 AM
DAMN. I have everything. Vitamins, oils, massages... but I don't have Patience. I need that Patience Soap or Shampoo. Will google where I can get it. ROFL!

it is quite tricky to get, but if you can manage it it'll last you a very very long time! That Patience product is the best out there :D

Wusel
May 10th, 2019, 05:44 AM
Sulfates helped my hair a lot! I was sulfate and silicone-free for 8 years, and I was experiencing hard water and product buildup without even realising it. It was damaging my ends and causing breakage. Who could have guessed that I had to use sulfates in order to make my hair less dry? My scalp suffered quite a lot on a sulfate-free routine too. So yeah, I'm a big believer in chemicals :lol:

Same. 4 years ago when I was growing out here I started with getting off sulphates and silicones and my hair was like hay. It felt terrible, behaved crazy and it didn't break or split but it felt like it was about to. I had to go back to sulphates and silicones (at least every 2 weeks) to bring it back to normal.

Wusel
May 10th, 2019, 05:46 AM
it is quite tricky to get, but if you can manage it it'll last you a very very long time! That Patience product is the best out there :D

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

LittleHealthy
May 10th, 2019, 06:36 AM
I believe we can ‘optimise’ our hair growth, but NOT speed it up.
We can help create the best conditions for our hair to grow at its best, but we can’t make it grow *faster*.

For me to keep my scalp producing hair at its optimum performance I just make sure my scalp is happy and washed, I stay hydrated, eat well and exercise regularly. Get a good night’s sleep, take care of my mental health.

If my scalp becomes itchy or I am not in the best physical and mental condition then that is when my hair goes through a bit of shedding and feels thinner.

So these things combined help maintain my growth rate of 1/2” per month, which is obviously just the average growth rate for adults anyway!

LadyCelestina
May 10th, 2019, 06:58 AM
I feel like my hair grows quicker when I exercise regularly. Might also have to do with more frequent washing.

blackgothicdoll
May 10th, 2019, 07:53 AM
I feel like my hair grows quicker when I exercise regularly. Might also have to do with more frequent washing.

Same here. I also eat more/healthier when I am exercising, so my AMDRs are definitely being met and I'm getting all of the nutrients and macronutrients I need. I do tend to wash more when I work out, and generally wear simple quick hair styles (i.e. damp bun) due to not wanting to have to do my hair all over again a day later. Plus my mental and emotional well-being is top notch.

All this makes me want to go to the gym!

AmaryllisRed
May 10th, 2019, 07:59 AM
Pregnancy.
Patience.
Not thinking about it.

TatsuOni
May 10th, 2019, 08:37 AM

Exercise does speed up my growth a little bit.

pinkypoo
May 10th, 2019, 08:45 AM
My growth is a bit better in warmer months and when I stay on top of exercising. I'm someone who is easily cold and having good blood flow is when I see the most benefits in my skin, hair and mindset.

lapushka
May 10th, 2019, 10:08 AM
My growth has always been 1/2 inch or 1 cm and a bit a month. I just let time go over it. So: patience. You can't pull it out of your scalp. ;) It takes time. ;) :p

hennalove
May 10th, 2019, 12:34 PM
I honestly don't think there is a magic bullet for hair growth but I do take supplements and use the inversion method. I think the one thing that helps my hair the most is henna and cassia. I noticed a difference in length retention when I stopped using heat, used a satin pillow case, stopped using anything plastic in my hair and wearing it up a lot. My hair is only down for washing or if I'm doing something sedentary. I also keep my hair oiled. For the most part though, I am finding less is more. Also, I don't go for hair trims. I only use S&D on my hair and even that is lessening. I used to find several split ends but now only a couple. Oh and stress management seems to help with my hair growth. Good luck with your hair growing journey!

hennalove
May 10th, 2019, 12:42 PM
I honestly don't think there is a magic bullet for hair growth but I do take supplements and use the inversion method. I think the one thing that helps my hair the most is henna and cassia. I noticed a difference in length retention when I stopped using heat, used a satin pillow case, stopped using anything plastic in my hair and wearing it up a lot. My hair is only down for washing or if I'm doing something sedentary. I also keep my hair oiled. For the most part though, I am finding less is more. Also, I don't go for hair trims. I only use S&D on my hair and even that is lessening. I used to find several split ends but now only a couple. Oh and stress management seems to help with my hair growth. Good luck with your hair growing journey!

hayheadsbird
May 10th, 2019, 01:57 PM
Pregnancy.
Patience.
Not thinking about it.

Pretty much this for me too.

AutobotsAttack
May 10th, 2019, 02:24 PM
Monistat, but I can’t really keep doing that. Gives me headaches.
I also get growth spurts in the summer. Which I love, but I can’t really control that, it’s just happens every year.
My diet above all else greatly influences my growth. Adequate amounts of protein and being thorough after my training sessions with adequate rest and recovery gives me nice amounts of growth. Versus when I haven’t been eating correctly or sleeping enough, I have a lot of shedding, and I’m general I don’t see much growth month to month.

your hair growth is greatly influenced by your metabolism.

BerrySara
May 10th, 2019, 04:10 PM
I go through phases consisting of months of eating really healthy and then I go through phases of not eating so well. And not drinking enough water.
Frankly my hair grows the same rate in either phases so for me eating "clean" doesn't make a difference.

For most of this recent hair journey I was eating nothing but plant based for the first two years and according to the world outside of herbivores, eating vegan means you are going to die soon from protein deficiency or whatever...and somehow I am still here and my hair grew at an average rate of 1/2 in per month.

Dark40
May 10th, 2019, 04:23 PM
I have searched and there is no thread where all methods which actually worked are listed.
There is some threads here and there on single methods but not all in one. Or it's too long ago and I can't find it.
And since it's a common question of many of us I thought it should get its own thread.
And very interesting for me since I'm one of the biggest 'GIMME LENGTH, FAAAST' crazy going idiots. ROFL!
So, which methods, foods, changes in routine, life etc. actually gave you more growth per month? (proven/measured).
For me it's definitely:

massages,
regular washes (3 times a week, my scalp freaks out and growth stops when my scalp gets oily, I need very clean scalp to grow)
As for now I have the feeling that onion and garlic make me grow faster. But not sure. Will continue for two other months and measure.

Ha ha! I'm the same way. For me, my grows fast because of the high protein diet I eat, vitamin supplements, and the hair vitamin supplements. Regular washes(3 times a week) my hair doesn't grow either if it's too greasy. It does just the opposite. It sheds more. Or, I go through hair loss. I started using hair masks and deep conditioners more often.

Wusel
May 11th, 2019, 05:32 AM
Ha ha! I'm the same way. For me, my grows fast because of the high protein diet I eat, vitamin supplements, and the hair vitamin supplements. Regular washes(3 times a week) my hair doesn't grow either if it's too greasy. It does just the opposite. It sheds more. Or, I go through hair loss. I started using hair masks and deep conditioners more often.

I'm on a Ketogenic diet, so, lots of protein too. :)
I feel that using conditioner 3 times a week is enough of conditioning. I mean, my hair is not long now, I'm not even at APL, so, it's enough for now. Will change when I reach waist again, I think.

Wusel
May 11th, 2019, 05:40 AM
For most of this recent hair journey I was eating nothing but plant based for the first two years and according to the world outside of herbivores, eating vegan means you are going to die soon from protein deficiency or whatever...

After 3,7 years on vegan diet (even though I had a nutritionist and a successful vegan cooking channel and no nutritional deficiency) my hair started shedding like crazy and I have lost about 50% of it. And later I ended up in hospital after my son found me passed out on kitchen floor. Since then I try to enlighten people that a vegan diet is not for everyone and can result in huge health problems after years. Here's how my hair looked like in the end. It was damaged and I had bald spots everywhere.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22558&d=1460985140
And that was my hair before:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17360&d=1432137352
And I'm not the only one who gave up vegan diet due to health problems.
Since I'm on a Ketogenic diet with tons of meat, fish, eggs, cheese, nuts and seeds my hair grows like it did before the vegan tragedy.

Tahnaa
May 11th, 2019, 07:05 AM
I had the best hair growth when I ignored my hair and did nothing. I think I washed it once a week as well? My hair gets really dry if I wash it every day, so being lazy paid off. I was working from home (am again yay!) so I didn’t have to worry about looking presentable.

It’s probably also harder to pinpoint exactly what “works” for one person, there’s too many variables. And what works for one may not work for someone else. I see biotin popping up a lot more these days as a helper. Biotin is ok, but that can cause health issues and throw off bloodwork. I’d be careful with biotin.

lapushka
May 11th, 2019, 07:28 AM
I had the best hair growth when I ignored my hair and did nothing. I think I washed it once a week as well? My hair gets really dry if I wash it every day, so being lazy paid off. I was working from home (am again yay!) so I didn’t have to worry about looking presentable.

It’s probably also harder to pinpoint exactly what “works” for one person, there’s too many variables. And what works for one may not work for someone else. I see biotin popping up a lot more these days as a helper. Biotin is ok, but that can cause health issues and throw off bloodwork. I’d be careful with biotin.

Welcome to the forum! :)

BerrySara
May 11th, 2019, 07:55 AM
Yep like I said, I should be bald and dead by now :rip::disco:

Wusel
May 11th, 2019, 07:59 AM
I have counted and when I was growing out last time I went from this, October 2014:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17386&d=1432291449
To this, March 2016:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21928&d=1457368405
To this, June 2016:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23401&d=1465755579
I think my growth rate was fantastic back then. From chin and a bit to an inch from waist... Was doing a lot of exercise back then, training for a marathon. Will have to add that back to my routine. I only do walking now but that doesn't increase the blood flow enough, I think. Off for a run :)

Ligeia Noire
May 11th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Nothing makes hair grow faster steadily. You might get spurts due to fixing previous malnutritions or imbalance issues.
However, what really makes a difference is benign neglect and leaving it alone.
That really helps your perception of growth and your hair.
Less is more is what my hair taught me in twenty years of having it long.

lapushka
May 11th, 2019, 09:01 AM
Nothing makes hair grow faster steadily. You might get spurts due to fixing previous malnutritions or imbalance issues.

^^ So true. And take it from Ligeia, she *clearly* knows what she's talking about!

Ligeia Noire
May 11th, 2019, 09:39 AM
Lapushka thanks but it seems that what I said is mostly everyone's experience too, most long hairs I follow have a very simple routine and practice a lot of benign neglect, it would be nice but so far I have not see proof of something that really makes hair grow faster steadily and there is no need, anyway.

The-Young-Maid
May 11th, 2019, 09:55 AM

This. The only time I noticed a real difference in my hair was when I fixed my malnutrition. My hair got way thicker. Keep your scalp clean and healthy. Find a simple routine. Don't abuse it, just ignore it and it will grow.

If there were truly any quick fixes LHC would know about them.

Hellebore
May 11th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Exercise, eating healthy, benign neglect.

lapushka
May 11th, 2019, 10:02 AM

^^ Oh, you bet! LOL!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 11th, 2019, 10:06 AM
This. The only time I noticed a real difference in my hair was when I fixed my malnutrition. My hair got way thicker. Keep your scalp clean and healthy. Find a simple routine. Don't abuse it, just ignore it and it will grow.

You bet we would! :laugh:

zmirina
May 11th, 2019, 11:47 AM
not getting sick? whenever i get sick and am put on antibiotics my hair dries up and sheds. so now i'm super careful about getting flu shots every year and making sure that all my other vaccines are up to date.

i used to get pneumonia after flu a lot ;)

Climber
May 11th, 2019, 12:09 PM
I concur with what everyone else has written: eating healthfully (for me, lots of veggies!), exercise, and patience.

I've done really well with benign neglect.

desisparkles
May 11th, 2019, 02:21 PM
You're lucky, my weight never went away on its own :wail: it just shows that whatever biotin gave me wasn't a temporary side-effect at all :wail:

OhSuzi, you reminded me of this timeless classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ciMuVhDXA

Just wanted to ask how you found out about the buildup without recognising it for so long? (I have never recognised it for myself.) Just want to be on the lookout since I'm sulphate/silicone free.

lapushka
May 11th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Just wanted to ask how you found out about the buildup without recognising it for so long? (I have never recognised it for myself.) Just want to be on the lookout since I'm sulphate/silicone free.

If you clarify at least once or twice a month, you should be fine. I would not skip that. That is the best way not to get build-up, maintain it well!

desisparkles
May 11th, 2019, 03:02 PM
If you clarify at least once or twice a month, you should be fine. I would not skip that. That is the best way not to get build-up, maintain it well!

Thanks Lapushka. I will make sure to be diligent about clarifying.

lapushka
May 11th, 2019, 03:12 PM
Thanks Lapushka. I will make sure to be diligent about clarifying.

Great! :thumbsup:

You sort of have to go by how your hair feels. Some can go so long without clarifying. I have to do it weekly, but the general rule is once to twice a month and that should be *just fine*!

paulownia
May 12th, 2019, 03:14 AM
I don't believe in magic growth pills and products either ;) but there is some things that worked for me - noticeable growth, about 1,5 to 2 cm per month. Drinking nettle tea and yeast is promoting hair growth for sure.
Other then that - using hair tonics on scalp ( my favourite is Farmona Radical with horsetail extract) maybe not directly faster growing hair but it's always giving me huge spurt of baby hair.

Wusel
May 12th, 2019, 03:49 AM
I don't believe in magic growth pills and products either ;) but there is some things that worked for me - noticeable growth, about 1,5 to 2 cm per month. Drinking nettle tea and yeast is promoting hair growth for sure.
Other then that - using hair tonics on scalp ( my favourite is Farmona Radical with horsetail extract) maybe not directly faster growing hair but it's always giving me huge spurt of baby hair.

I drink nettle-horsetail tea and it grows faster too. But I do many other things so not sure how much the tea contributes to it.
And I take nutritional yeast every day with my meal.

Cate36
May 12th, 2019, 04:25 AM
I haven't read through the whole thread, but I know there will be a lot saying that nothing worked. But having had immense focus on my hair over the last few months, I do know that my own growth is speeded (or maximised, however, you want to think about it) by a few things.

1) Diet obviously.. a range of hair vitamins and hair food.. when I added Bamboo and high strength Vit C there was a noticeable difference. I also take Fo Ti, which is an amazing herb for hair. Oh and water.. lots of water..
2) Bondi Boost hair growth products... amazing amazing.. especially the growth spray.. google it..watch the reviews on youtube.. the dozens of before and after pictures, all natural.. brilliant product
3) Positive thinking.. affirmations on my hair have helped
4) inversion technique.. I actually don't know if this has made a massive difference, (as I feel the above has) but I do it regardless..
4) and obviously good care.. no heat.. etc.. to prevent breakage..

May your growth be maximised.. :)

Joules
May 12th, 2019, 06:13 AM

I washed my hair (all of it, not just roots) with a strong sulfate shampoo and the result suggested I had a lot of buildup before. My hair became very shiny, soft and supple and my awful velcro ends magically turned normal. I know, my answer isn't very helpful at all :D I agree with lapushka, just clarify once a while. After some time you'll learn to recognise buildup on your hair.

I bought the strong shampoo mainly for my scalp. One day I came across an article, a few YT videos and instagram posts about the importance of properly washing your scalp and discovered I had all the symptoms of fungal overgrowth. So I forgot about my hair and decided to pay attention to my scalp because it seemed more important. Getting rid of buildup and finally having nice hair was just a happy side-effect. So yeah, I guess I can say that I discovred buildup accidentally.

lapushka
May 12th, 2019, 08:46 AM
I haven't read through the whole thread, but I know there will be a lot saying that nothing worked. But having had immense focus on my hair over the last few months, I do know that my own growth is speeded (or maximised, however, you want to think about it) by a few things.

1) Diet obviously.. a range of hair vitamins and hair food.. when I added Bamboo and high strength Vit C there was a noticeable difference. I also take Fo Ti, which is an amazing herb for hair. Oh and water.. lots of water..
2) Bondi Boost hair growth products... amazing amazing.. especially the growth spray.. google it..watch the reviews on youtube.. the dozens of before and after pictures, all natural.. brilliant product
4) inversion technique.. I actually don't know if this has made a massive difference, (as I feel the above has) but I do it regardless..

That is a lot of "manipulation" though, and I don't do it because I don't want to shed more. Growth is secondary to shedding less, for me. And so I leave it at benign neglect.

Wusel
May 12th, 2019, 10:20 AM
That is a lot of "manipulation" though, and I don't do it because I don't want to shed more. Growth is secondary to shedding less, for me. And so I leave it at benign neglect.

I do the same when I do shed. But now I'm t the point when I don't shed at all, so, do more manipulation. I stop when the shedding phase comes. Now I shed, even when manipulating a ton all the time, like 10 hairs per day. Which is almost nothing compared to the 500 hairs i shed during shed phases. It's always like that. Phases of shedding almost nothing and phases of shedding a ton... :( No idea why it is so but it's like that since I was a child.

Wusel
May 12th, 2019, 10:23 AM

Thank you, Cate. I was looking for a good shampoo and have ordered two Bondi Boost bundle packs since the second one was 50% off. It's not THAT expensive. It's 94 Euros for 2 bottles of shampoo, 2 bottles of conditioner and 2 bottles of spray which will last me probably half a year. Shipping will take 2 weeks though, from Australia to Germany... That sucks a bit.

Ylva
May 12th, 2019, 10:25 AM
I don't know if this is just something I'm imagining, but it looks like people who report faster than average growth rates also often report more drastic shedding cycles and/or stalls. Has anyone else paid attention to this?

My growth rate stays very much the same all year round and doesn't change much based on what I do or don't do, but I also don't go through any notable sheds or stalls. I may shed slightly more one week than another, but it's barely enough to notice a difference.

littlestarface
May 12th, 2019, 10:30 AM
I don't know if this is just something I'm imagining, but it looks like people who report faster than average growth rates also often report more drastic shedding cycles and/or stalls. Has anyone else paid attention to this?

My growth rate stays very much the same all year round and doesn't change much based on what I do or don't do, but I also don't go through any notable sheds or stalls. I may shed slightly more one week than another, but it's barely enough to notice a difference.

Yes! I noticed that too, that's why I don't even try to replicate them.

lapushka
May 12th, 2019, 10:50 AM

Very much the same here.

Maybe that's a good thing for a poll!

Wusel
May 12th, 2019, 10:52 AM

Good point. My hair grows very fast, no matter what I do, It's always more than average, but I also go throgh huge sheds regularly. Up to 500 hairs per month for 3-4 months. But since I can't do anything against the shedding but pray to Alien Gods that it won't happen again (it does anyway since childhood) I want it to grow as fast as possible and become long fast at least. You can't have everything.

littlestarface
May 12th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Good point. My hair grows very fast, no matter what I do, It's always more than average, but I also go throgh huge sheds regularly. Up to 500 hairs per month for 3-4 months. But since I can't do anything against the shedding but pray to Alien Gods that it won't happen again (it does anyway since childhood) I want it to grow as fast as possible and become long fast at least. You can't have everything.

Hey you believe this too? Wow I hoped I found another one somewhere lol

Wusel
May 12th, 2019, 11:35 AM
Hey you believe this too? Wow I hoped I found another one somewhere lol

Sure. I believe I'm an alien myself. I don't belong on this planet. I'm the female version of Sheldon Cooper.

AmaryllisRed
May 12th, 2019, 12:11 PM

I seem to grow consistently a little faster than average. I'd guess 2/3" or 3/4" per month. And I don't notice any stalls or sheds. I actually seem to shed a lot less than average.
I didn't even have a noticeable postpartum hair loss.
Of course 2/3" or 3/4" per month is nowhere near the growth some of our members report, so maybe I shouldn't weigh in as someone with a faster growth rate.

LadyCelestina
May 12th, 2019, 12:13 PM
Ylva, not sure about the shedding part, but! There has been a member on LHC who did an experiment where they measured their hair every week, and came to the conclusion that their hair grows maybe 2 weeks out of a month - the rest of the month the hair has stalled, giving her a spurt of, say 1,5 cm in 2 weeks but then no growth. I wish I remembered what was the name of that thread, hopefully I'm not imagining it because it seems weird that such a thread would stay buried for so long, but then again I don't check the project & polls page very much.

So in theory, there could be people who grow in larger spurts & stalls cycle :)

Ylva
May 12th, 2019, 01:15 PM
Very much the same here.

Maybe that's a good thing for a poll!

I made one!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149830

littlestarface
May 12th, 2019, 01:25 PM
Sure. I believe I'm an alien myself. I don't belong on this planet. I'm the female version of Sheldon Cooper.

Who? lolol

lapushka
May 12th, 2019, 02:32 PM
I made one!

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=149830

Oh great! I'll go check it out!

Little Lemon
May 12th, 2019, 03:45 PM
I’m surprised no one has mentioned stress.

I think my high stress levels are attributing to my hair not growing right now.

Anyone have any stories or experience regarding stress and hair growth?

Sarahlabyrinth
May 12th, 2019, 03:46 PM
I’m surprised no one has mentioned stress.

I think my high stress levels are attributing to my hair not growing right now.

Anyone have any stories or experience regarding stress and hair growth?

Yes, I have heard of stress causing slower or even no growth.

EdG
May 12th, 2019, 03:59 PM
Reading this board has somehow caused a decade to go by. ;)
Ed

AmaryllisRed
May 12th, 2019, 04:27 PM
I'm so glad stress doesn't seem to affect my growth!
Or maybe it does and I'd be at floor by now if I had less stress!

Wusel
May 12th, 2019, 04:40 PM
I'm so glad stress doesn't seem to affect my growth!
Or maybe it does and I'd be at floor by now if I had less stress!

Same. Stress doesn't make my hair grow slower. Fortunately. I have stress ALWAYS. Since years. I'm a full time working single mother since my son's father passed. It happens like once a year that I don't have stress for 10 minutes.

Cate36
May 12th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Thank you, Cate. I was looking for a good shampoo and have ordered two Bondi Boost bundle packs since the second one was 50% off. It's not THAT expensive. It's 94 Euros for 2 bottles of shampoo, 2 bottles of conditioner and 2 bottles of spray which will last me probably half a year. Shipping will take 2 weeks though, from Australia to Germany... That sucks a bit.

That's exciting :) . It's a really good product. Be sure to post how you get on :) The intensive growth spray is my favourite.. :)

leayellena
May 13th, 2019, 01:38 AM
S&D instead of trims (not ok if you like thick ends though).
oiling almost every day.
buns/up on a daily basis, braids at home and while sleeping.
venign neglect (don't look for growth every month, but check more like every half a yearto a year. that's why I joined the before and after a year instead of monthly photos. the monthly thread was good because of trims. I wanted to check out if I trim correctly. it helps).

Ilyem
May 13th, 2019, 05:08 AM
:bigeyes: I hope you mean 3x a week? Otherwise, that's a lot of product, wet hair and time in the shower. I can feel my skin crying just from thinking about washing it 3 times a day...

A massive help for increasing net growth however has been putting down the damn scissors! :P
Exactly the same for me, especially that last sentence :laugh:

lapushka
May 13th, 2019, 05:16 AM
Reading this board has somehow caused a decade to go by. ;)
Ed

Yeah, that's how it goes right, Ed? LOL! I feel the same way. There's plenty to divert the attention away from the hair. Watched pot and such.

EdG
May 13th, 2019, 07:05 AM
Yeah, that's how it goes right, Ed? LOL! I feel the same way. There's plenty to divert the attention away from the hair. Watched pot and such. Yes, I joked about LHC's ability to make time go by quickly in an old signature photo. The best humor is true. ;)

https://www.edgrochowski.com/photos-lhc/edg-siggy-2011.jpg

Ed

Tahnaa
May 13th, 2019, 12:12 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

Thanks! I’m drooling over your hair :)

lapushka
May 13th, 2019, 03:42 PM

Oh gosh. LOL! Well, thank you, I guess. :D :bluebiggr

Wusel
May 14th, 2019, 01:50 AM
I have measured again and I grew exactly 20mm since April 21. So, it's 23 days, not even a month. Which means that I can get the full inch in a month. It's a week left for 4mm. :) Not bad. :) If it continues like this I'm at waist again around August 2020. :) That's not long :)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 14th, 2019, 04:41 AM

Hi, Tahnaa, welcome here too:) Always so lovely to meet a new person!

Wusel, it will be interesting to see if you get a solid inch a month until August. I hope you will.

Wusel
May 14th, 2019, 06:26 AM
Wusel, it will be interesting to see if you get a solid inch a month until August. I hope you will.
Thank you :) Yes. I'm full of hope. I strongly believe in autosuggestion and that when I concentrate my thoughts on my hair it will grow faster. Too many things we can't explain happen...
I got my vibrating scalp massager today and I'm massaging since 20 minutes. It's AMAZING! SO relaxing :)

LadyCelestina
May 14th, 2019, 07:57 AM
Wusel, have you seen the monthly hairphoto project thread? :) I think it would be interesting how your hair changes month-from-month, from your videos you seem to have a very good texture for taking accurate progress pics (for example my curls always lay differently so monthly length photos appear as if my hair were the same length for months, unitl you compare the first and last photo :D)

Wusel
May 14th, 2019, 08:09 AM
Wusel, have you seen the monthly hairphoto project thread? :) I think it would be interesting how your hair changes month-from-month, from your videos you seem to have a very good texture for taking accurate progress pics (for example my curls always lay differently so monthly length photos appear as if my hair were the same length for months, unitl you compare the first and last photo :D)

That's a good idea :) I should make length photos again :) Will wash my hair soon and when it's dry I make a photo :)

Milkchocolate
May 14th, 2019, 02:20 PM
#1 thing that changed everything..coming from a person who had insanely slow collar length hair years ago.. best thing was cutting down on washing..not washing away my natural hair oils to be exact. Not matter how oily my hair would get, I would let it take its natural course and add scalp massages. Once I started doing this..is when I began to see the fastest growth. Of course everyone is different, but this was honestly so amazing for my hair

GrowlingCupcake
May 14th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Like everyone has (probably) said, patience is key. But that doesn't help anything grow faster, it just lets you ignore it more xD

Things that have helped my growth:
- Possibly biotin supplements: my eyelashes seem to be longer but no clue on my hair since I did not start with a baseline; I started measuring this year, and biotin supplements this year. I've been taking them fairly regularly (because I keep forgetting to put them in with my regular medication) for about 2 or 2 1/2 months now.
- Dandruff shampoo: I have dandruff. I have no idea how this would work if you do not have dandruff. But my wispies started growing longer with regular dandruff shampoo usage (to the point where my head barely itched, and I had very few flakes), and I also had ~1 inch of growth a month. This was a very short experiment, though; I got sick, stopped washing my hair regularly, and the longest strands (at 39 to 38 inches in February after they measured 36/36.5 in December) shed off or were broken off. I've started using dandruff shampoo again, and I am at a similar place with my dandruff, so let's see? Maybe it was a once off, maybe as long as I keep my dandruff under check it'll grow quicker.

Other than that:
- Nutrition
- Rest
- Ensuring you have no deficiencies
- Exercise/activity
- Lowering stress/anxieties
- Health in general

^ These are not things I have personally tried but my hair sheds definitely coincide with major stress periods/illnesses. I also used to have thick hair (according to my mother, sister, and cousins) past puberty; while it might be hormonal, there's also a chance it could've been caused by being insulin resistant (I was diabetic by about 16/17) or my developing anxiety levels. I'm still working on both of those.

You'd probably be better off ensuring your practices do not result in breakage or hair being pulled out.

There are products that affect hair growth rate, pattern or retention but they would need to be used constantly.

Wusel
May 14th, 2019, 03:21 PM
Like everyone has (probably) said, patience is key. But that doesn't help anything grow faster, it just lets you ignore it more xD

Things that have helped my growth:
- Possibly biotin supplements: my eyelashes seem to be longer but no clue on my hair since I did not start with a baseline; I started measuring this year, and biotin supplements this year. I've been taking them fairly regularly (because I keep forgetting to put them in with my regular medication) for about 2 or 2 1/2 months now.
- Dandruff shampoo: I have dandruff. I have no idea how this would work if you do not have dandruff. But my wispies started growing longer with regular dandruff shampoo usage (to the point where my head barely itched, and I had very few flakes), and I also had ~1 inch of growth a month. This was a very short experiment, though; I got sick, stopped washing my hair regularly, and the longest strands (at 39 to 38 inches in February after they measured 36/36.5 in December) shed off or were broken off. I've started using dandruff shampoo again, and I am at a similar place with my dandruff, so let's see? Maybe it was a once off, maybe as long as I keep my dandruff under check it'll grow quicker.

Other than that:
- Nutrition
- Rest
- Ensuring you have no deficiencies
- Exercise/activity
- Lowering stress/anxieties
- Health in general

^ These are not things I have personally tried but my hair sheds definitely coincide with major stress periods/illnesses. I also used to have thick hair (according to my mother, sister, and cousins) past puberty; while it might be hormonal, there's also a chance it could've been caused by being insulin resistant (I was diabetic by about 16/17) or my developing anxiety levels. I'm still working on both of those.

You'd probably be better off ensuring your practices do not result in breakage or hair being pulled out.

There are products that affect hair growth rate, pattern or retention but they would need to be used constantly.

Thank you :)
When I massage my oils in I do it carefully so I don't break hairs off or pull out. But my hair is very sturdy. I never had breakage and pulling a hair out is damn hurtful. I went back to running every day again. I do walking but maybe running is a better exercise, not sure. But I did it 4 years ago when my hair grew very fast, so, worth a try :)

Laurelin
May 14th, 2019, 04:37 PM
Patience will in my opinion be a golden key to long hair and preventing damage might be better than trying to find a magic potion to try and make it grow faster.

I tried quite a few things which seemed to work to 'get length fast' but they made me shed a bunch -especially oils- because my scalp disliked it so I basically gave up on them.
I'm now mostly trying to benign neglect it, wearing my hair in braids and buns to prevent damage and focusing on overall health which makes my hair take it's time to grow but I no longer shed nearly as much and my hair feels healthier and thicker. :o

Actually, buns work magically, after a while I got used to not having long hair falling down my back all the time and every time when the bun drops it's like: 'wow I actually have long hair! :eek: ' But in all seriousness, I fear there's no such thing as a miracle super-long-hair-right-now potion or trick or else nearly everyone would already use it and have long hair overnight.

gustavonut
May 15th, 2019, 02:09 AM
Pre poo oiling the night before washing has always been something that makes my hair feel better, shed less, and possibly helps boost growth. I never really measure my hair until months have gone by and that always makes it feel like it grows more.

Wusel
May 15th, 2019, 02:27 AM
Pre poo oiling the night before washing has always been something that makes my hair feel better, shed less, and possibly helps boost growth. I never really measure my hair until months have gone by and that always makes it feel like it grows more.

Yes. That makes my hair happy always too😊And I love my oils. They all smell so yummy.😊

gustavonut
May 15th, 2019, 03:56 AM
Yes. That makes my hair happy always too��And I love my oils. They all smell so yummy.��

What types of oils do you use? I tend to just go with Virgin coconut oil.

Wusel
May 15th, 2019, 05:16 AM
What types of oils do you use? I tend to just go with Virgin coconut oil.

I use
Extra Dark Jamaican Castor Oil,
Regular Castor Oil
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil
Amla Oil
Brahmi Oil
Omega 3 Oil (capsule)
Bhringaraj Oil
Argan Oil
Rosemary Essential Oil

Coconut Oil and Olive Oil my hair and scalp don't like. I have both here, tried, didn't work. Use them for cooking now.

Knightly
May 15th, 2019, 12:07 PM
Regular trims and just forgetting about my hair lol!

Haziel
May 15th, 2019, 08:57 PM
Whole raw goat milk. Whole raw cow milk too. A word of caution this milk came from my own animals and I knew what I was getting into, if you have fragile health or get sick easley don' try this. Always ask your doctor first. Eat plenty of yogurt and kefir so your gut can get used to the enzymes in raw milk.

Wusel
May 16th, 2019, 04:16 AM
Whole raw goat milk. Whole raw cow milk too. A word of caution this milk came from my own animals and I knew what I was getting into, if you have fragile health or get sick easley don' try this. Always ask your doctor first. Eat plenty of yogurt and kefir so your gut can get used to the enzymes in raw milk.

I'm allergic to raw milk enzymes.

Arciela
May 16th, 2019, 06:35 AM
I never found anything to make it grow faster really. Just patience and benign neglect :)

Eating healthy and exercise seems to help a bit for me though! I swear it grows slightly faster when I keep up with that.

soldierssong
May 16th, 2019, 09:40 AM
Doing the inversion menthod has seemed to speed up my hair's growth a bit. As well as drinking lots of water, eating well, and taking my vitamins. Oh! and Patience!

Aerya
May 16th, 2019, 09:51 AM
I think mine grows a tad bit faster when I eat more and go to the gym regularly. Lately I've been eating like a horse and I'd swear it grows faster now. It might just be a spring spurt though. Which obviously goes for my thighs as well, right? :D

I actually suspect it has to do with blood flow and enough calories for me. I've always struggled with eating little and I have terrible blood flow. Nowadays it's getting warmer so that helps in itself, and then I'm more active too.

Wusel
May 16th, 2019, 01:08 PM
I think mine grows a tad bit faster when I eat more and go to the gym regularly. Lately I've been eating like a horse and I'd swear it grows faster now. It might just be a spring spurt though. Which obviously goes for my thighs as well, right? :D

I actually suspect it has to do with blood flow and enough calories for me. I've always struggled with eating little and I have terrible blood flow. Nowadays it's getting warmer so that helps in itself, and then I'm more active too.

Same... I have the feeling that when I gain weight because I stuff my face with food all the time, my hair grows faster. I did today... Pre menstrual appetite like crazy. Eating the whole day long and TONS. Hopefully I wake up tomorrow with hair a foot longer. LOL!!! Good method to get rid of remorse. Overeating for hair. LOL! I'm always on Keto and Intermittent Fasting but on one day per month it's always that I have to eat like a caterpillar. LMAO!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 16th, 2019, 01:29 PM
When is your eating window, Wusel?

Stardreamer
May 16th, 2019, 04:41 PM
Doing the inversion menthod has seemed to speed up my hair's growth a bit. As well as drinking lots of water, eating well, and taking my vitamins. Oh! and Patience!

I wish I had a few cups of patience

Wusel
May 16th, 2019, 05:01 PM
When is your eating window, Wusel?

My eating window closes at 3pm, the latest. Starting around 9, so it's a max 6 hour window. I never eat after 3 though, so, when I stay in bed till 10 on the weekends and have brunch at 11 the window is only for hours long.
I ate SO much today that I needed to move a lot. I felt a huge energy boost which often happens when you are used to your eating window and then eat the whole day long. My body can't handle it anymore and I get nervous, can't sit still, sweat and need to run, walk, jump, climb stairs, clean the whole house... LOL. So, I went for a 150 minutes brisk pace walk and 40 minutes on my cross trainer and cleaned the whole house. I have burned quite a bit of what I ate. It was a whole 200g jar of homemade peanut butter. I make it in my Vitamix. So I know what's in it. No added unhealthy fats or dextrose. :) And it tastes better. In sweeten it a bit with stevia. I have made it today in the morning and in the evening it was gone. And some other yummy things from my fridge. YUM. :D

Stardreamer
May 16th, 2019, 06:41 PM
My eating window closes at 3pm, the latest. Starting around 9, so it's a max 6 hour window. I never eat after 3 though, so, when I stay in bed till 10 on the weekends and have brunch at 11 the window is only for hours long.
I ate SO much today that I needed to move a lot. I felt a huge energy boost which often happens when you are used to your eating window and then eat the whole day long. My body can't handle it anymore and I get nervous, can't sit still, sweat and need to run, walk, jump, climb stairs, clean the whole house... LOL. So, I went for a 150 minutes brisk pace walk and 40 minutes on my cross trainer and cleaned the whole house. I have burned quite a bit of what I ate. It was a whole 200g jar of homemade peanut butter. I make it in my Vitamix. So I know what's in it. No added unhealthy fats or dextrose. :) And it tastes better. In sweeten it a bit with stevia. I have made it today in the morning and in the evening it was gone. And some other yummy things from my fridge. YUM. :D

That seems like so much food!! Is it?

languagenut
May 16th, 2019, 08:34 PM

Well there is a thread around here somewhere about eating peanut butter to make your hair grow faster... :p

mackensey
May 20th, 2019, 02:34 AM
I know that hair vitamins are controversial, but I did notice the most growth when I used them. I must have nutritional deficiencies for that to have made a difference though.

Wusel
May 20th, 2019, 03:22 AM
That seems like so much food!! Is it?

Yes. It was way too many calories. But the next day I ate less and today I had only about 100g of the peanut butter added to the rest of the energy I need for the day. I'm at 1350 calories today and close my eating window now at 11.15am. Will be less today. :)

Wusel
May 20th, 2019, 03:24 AM
Well there is a thread around here somewhere about eating peanut butter to make your hair grow faster... :p

Yes. Almond butter too. I eat tons of nut butters and I think that contributes to my fast growth too. I always get more than 2cm, almost an inch per month.

Aerya
May 20th, 2019, 03:31 AM
Yes. Almond butter too. I eat tons of nut butters and I think that contributes to my fast growth too. I always get more than 2cm, almost an inch per month.

*empties entire bag of almonds down my throat*

Seriously though, 2+ cm a months is a great growth rate! And nuts are good nutrition regardless of hair growth benefits. I used to eat a lot of almonds and other nuts to get my calories intake up and I'm trying to get back at that. I never noticed a difference in growth but then again I didn't pay attention to that.

Wusel
May 20th, 2019, 08:44 AM
*empties entire bag of almonds down my throat*

Seriously though, 2+ cm a months is a great growth rate! And nuts are good nutrition regardless of hair growth benefits. I used to eat a lot of almonds and other nuts to get my calories intake up and I'm trying to get back at that. I never noticed a difference in growth but then again I didn't pay attention to that.

When I don't eat enough calories my hair grows slower and starts shedding. Definitely important not to be underweight and eat enough.

blackgothicdoll
May 20th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Oh gosh I love almond butter, much more than peanut butter and I'll eat it straight out of the jar. It's a bit expensive though. I only recently learned you are not supposed to eat the skins of almonds - or is that just a myth? I eat them whole and raw when I can find a good deal on a bag, no noticeable issues there.

Reluctantlylong
May 20th, 2019, 09:27 AM
I always eat almond skins, although blanched almonds are recommended for heartburn in pregnancy ; the last few post have an entirely different flavour from the first few and some middle ones. But growth stalling, like a set point? Is that a thing with head hair ? My grows rapidly then shed then grow slowly pattern is one year faster growth 7 years slowly
SO maybe I just have never waited out it grow past hitting my waist .
Seeds and nuts and scalp massages will they help?

Wusel
May 20th, 2019, 12:38 PM
Oh gosh I love almond butter, much more than peanut butter and I'll eat it straight out of the jar. It's a bit expensive though. I only recently learned you are not supposed to eat the skins of almonds - or is that just a myth? I eat them whole and raw when I can find a good deal on a bag, no noticeable issues there.

It's healthier with the skin because it has minerals :) I eat them whole and raw or I make chocolate almonds with 95% cocoa chocolate. Dark chocolate is great for hair too :)

Wusel
May 20th, 2019, 12:42 PM
I always eat almond skins, although blanched almonds are recommended for heartburn in pregnancy ; the last few post have an entirely different flavour from the first few and some middle ones. But growth stalling, like a set point? Is that a thing with head hair ? My grows rapidly then shed then grow slowly pattern is one year faster growth 7 years slowly
SO maybe I just have never waited out it grow past hitting my waist .
Seeds and nuts and scalp massages will they help?

As for me massages and nuts help :) My hair grows a bit over 2cm per month.

Aerya
May 20th, 2019, 12:47 PM
When I don't eat enough calories my hair grows slower and starts shedding. Definitely important not to be underweight and eat enough.

Yes, very important! While YMMV, our bodies don't prioritize hair, skin and nails when nutrition is scarce. I haven't measured exactly but I'm very certain my hair grows faster when I eat plenty and get enough nutrients and proteins, as well as more energy and overall well being. :)

Dark40
May 20th, 2019, 03:29 PM
I'm on a Ketogenic diet, so, lots of protein too. :)
I feel that using conditioner 3 times a week is enough of conditioning. I mean, my hair is not long now, I'm not even at APL, so, it's enough for now. Will change when I reach waist again, I think.

Oh, I bet the Ketogenic diet has a lot of protein in it. :) Good thing.
I also think using conditioner 3 times a week is enough conditioning too. I have to use conditioner after ever wash. Because, if I didn't it would be in a tangled or a knotted mess. I always need to use a product that gives my hair slip and smoothness. Yeah, I see in your profile picture that your hair isn't long at all. It's APL. My hair hasn't been that length since high school. Which was 28 years for me. I bet it will change once your reach waist again.

RottenMango
May 20th, 2019, 08:09 PM
Supplements for my nutritional deficiencies and drinking a lot of water. I have anemia and I think the iron supplements have helped the most with my hair and nail growth. I’ve been taking a multi, garlic, iron and zinc.

communicateboun
October 12th, 2023, 10:46 AM
For me it's definitely:

massages,
My hair has been long my entire life, and didn't really require much work - just some shampoo and conditioner/mask was enough, I didn't have trouble brushing through it or having it long.
Now, about a year ago (June 2021) I went for a haircut to a new stylist. There was some miscommunication because I was a tad nervous, and, well, what I thought would be a simple trim ended up with 15+ cm of my hair being chopped off. At first I didn't give it too much thought, as I figured it would simply grow back.
However, a year later and it's at the same length as the day I got that haircut - at first some parts of it did grow out, but it was so uneven (for instance, the left side of my hair would grow around 5 cm, the right would grow 3, and the middle wouldn't grow at all), it was horrendous to look at hair salon Oviedo (https://www.thelooksalonandspa.com/) so I had to trim it so it'd be even. I left it untouched for about 6 months, hoping it would eventually grow somewhat evenly, but the middle (if you're looking from the back) didn't grow at all.
I have attached photos of before and 1 year after the haircut, so you would get the idea.
It has really brought me down emotionally. I am unsure what I am supposed to do, as I really miss my long hair. Fyi I have never dyed it and use heat tools only 1-2 times a year. I usually don't do any hairstyles, I don't towel dry and don't blow dry it. If you have any ideas why it is taking so long to grow, or how to fix it, please let me know!

ETJ CURLS
October 13th, 2023, 10:01 AM
My hair has been long my entire life, and didn't really require much work - just some shampoo and conditioner/mask was enough, I didn't have trouble brushing through it or having it long.
Now, about a year ago (June 2021) I went for a haircut to a new stylist. There was some miscommunication because I was a tad nervous, and, well, what I thought would be a simple trim ended up with 15+ cm of my hair being chopped off. At first I didn't give it too much thought, as I figured it would simply grow back.
However, a year later and it's at the same length as the day I got that haircut - at first some parts of it did grow out, but it was so uneven (for instance, the left side of my hair would grow around 5 cm, the right would grow 3, and the middle wouldn't grow at all), it was horrendous to look at hair salon Oviedo (https://www.thelooksalonandspa.com/) so I had to trim it so it'd be even. I left it untouched for about 6 months, hoping it would eventually grow somewhat evenly, but the middle (if you're looking from the back) didn't grow at all.
I have attached photos of before and 1 year after the haircut, so you would get the idea.
It has really brought me down emotionally. I am unsure what I am supposed to do, as I really miss my long hair. Fyi I have never dyed it and use heat tools only 1-2 times a year. I usually don't do any hairstyles, I don't towel dry and don't blow dry it. If you have any ideas why it is taking so long to grow, or how to fix it, please let me know!

First you need to determine whether your hair is actually growing or not. One way to test this is to just dye a small portion and see if you have new growth at the root. If you do not have any noticeable regrowth in 30 days, your issue is internal, and it would best to seek medical advice.

If you do notice regrowth however, then the issue is length retention, in which case it may be helpful to give a more detailed account of your current haircare routine, to make it easier to pinpoint the issue.

(I'm not seeing any photos attached to your post; if you're able to edit and add them in that will also be helpful. :) )