PDA

View Full Version : How do you part your hair?

Dung Beetle
May 8th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Do you change it up?

I was wondering because I always imagine that when all my hair has grown out to the same length I'll be able to just toss it back and it will find its own perfect part; or conversely, that I'll be able to manage my cowlick issues by parting it differently all the time. But that may be my unrealistic hair fantasy!

As it is right now, I part on the left, except for the section that used to be my bangs, which I part even further on the left. I think it would also go straight down the middle if I asked nicely.

Groovy Granny
May 8th, 2019, 12:10 PM
Now that I am Hip/TBL my hair has a natural high side part on the left.
Occasionally it also falls in the middle if I have brushed it back.
Back in the 60's I parted my hair in the middle on purpose.
I never style with an intentional part now :)

Suortuva
May 8th, 2019, 12:30 PM
I have bangs now, so on the middle. Without bangs, or with side bangs, somewhere in the right side, because I have one natural, almost white highlight there, and I like it to be as visible as possible. Now it's mostly part of my bangs.

AutobotsAttack
May 8th, 2019, 12:35 PM
I don’t really have a part. My hair doesn’t lay down at the roots, it mostly just fluffs up. I leave it be, and don’t really intentionally part my hair unless I’m deep conditioning, or I’ve done braids of some sort. Typically if I do that I part down the middle, and across from ear to ear. Otherwise it’s all going in one direction, secured in a bun.

ravenskey
May 8th, 2019, 12:36 PM
My hair has a natural just off centre part but I generally comb it back when putting my hair up because my part doesn't lie neatly.

Hellebore
May 8th, 2019, 12:43 PM
I have a really strong center part that I battle daily by parting it on the right side. I just realized now that I do this because once when I was sixteen someone told me that my hair would look "nicer" parted to the side, and I've done it ever since. I also think I look a little weird with a center part even though that's what my hair just wants to do.

Begemot
May 8th, 2019, 01:01 PM
I guess my part falls little bit to the left side naturally. I switch between that and middle part.

Panthera
May 8th, 2019, 01:04 PM
I let my hair be how it wants to be. So a center part it is. My curls look weird if I try to change it.

cjk
May 8th, 2019, 01:21 PM
I intentionally switch it up. Don't want to stress the follicles in any one spot.

And it depends on the style I'm doing as well.

cestlavie
May 8th, 2019, 01:34 PM
In the middle since I have bangs but it doesn't take any effort or manipulation to get it that way.

soldierssong
May 8th, 2019, 01:39 PM
I part my hair to the side, and I switch which side every three months or so. I've tried parting in the middle but I look terrible.
And I will often when having my hair bunned, have no part whatsoever.

Ilyem
May 8th, 2019, 03:44 PM
My hair parts in the middle; ever so slightly to the left naturally. A few years ago I used to part it purposely to the left. Nowadays I feel my face shape looks nicer when parted naturally though.

Dung Beetle
May 8th, 2019, 03:50 PM
My hair will do an awesome Little Mermaid pompadour if I part it on the right, but it gives me a headache.

Little Lemon
May 8th, 2019, 04:45 PM
I part on the left, just off center. I’ve tried following magazine suggestions to part it on the opposite side for “more volume”, but that results in unhappy hair which usually finds its own way back to where it belongs. It just looks upside down until it slides back to the other side.

I have no cowlicks, flat hair, and it’s very happy hanging where it wants to thank-you-very-much haha.

blackgothicdoll
May 8th, 2019, 04:50 PM
I part to the left. I am physically unable to part from the right. I try a middle part but it's always crooked and I look weird :( But I want it to work some day.

RottenMango
May 9th, 2019, 12:11 AM
My default is a middle part, but I try to switch it up by also doing side parts.

PallasAthena
May 9th, 2019, 12:46 AM
I pretty much have to part to the left, and a pretty deep part at that. I have this cowlick that makes my hair stick straight up if I try to part on the right, and it's very thin in the middle front so it looks really bad. The middle doesn't work either because of the lack of coverage and cowlick (and widow's peak, geez). When I pull it back in a scarf or headband I just put it straight back though.

YvetteVarie
May 9th, 2019, 04:04 AM
I part my hair when I'm braiding it only. I currently have a centre part but I normally do a diagonal part on the left. I do not have a natural part

Simpscone
May 9th, 2019, 04:56 AM
I'm currently parting from the left. I parted in the middle for years, but with my natural texture it just isn't working for me at the moment - maybe when my shorter front layers grow out!

for now, it looks best parted pretty close to where it falls naturally.

milosmomma
May 9th, 2019, 05:20 AM
When I part it on purpose I part on the right side(as in I place my part on the right side of my face/head) My hair lays towards and swirls to the right though so I am going against my hair to get more volume. The patch at my temple on the left is thinner so I like to have more hair laying on that side to hide it a bit, hopefully now that shedding is normal it will fill in some. Last time I washed I let my hair do its thing and it picked a middle part, but that's unusual, it usually will part slightly left. I think it has to do with which way your hair follicles swirl around your head.

TreesOfEternity
May 9th, 2019, 06:51 AM
I change it depending on the style I’m doing. I’ve got bangs so it’s not that noticeable. I used to wear a mid part always but my terrible cowlicks made it crooked.

illicitlizard
May 9th, 2019, 06:53 AM
Always part on the left, although I can do left or right cuz double crown. Just feels weird to part on the right. I avoid middle partings as my face is pretty long and they tend to make it look longer.

Sora Rose
May 9th, 2019, 07:44 AM
I've never intentionally parted my hair because parts in the middle no matter what, and has always done so. Even after I wash it, it finds its way back into that middle part. Flip my head upside down and straighten up? It parts itself in the middle. If I try to part it anywhere else, within five minutes it reparts itself in the middle. Even my former bangs liked to part there, and still do. I've decided not to fight it.

Copasetic
May 9th, 2019, 07:52 AM
I always part to the left. How deep the part is varies, but it is always to the left; never middle or right. I feel so weird when I change it up, so I never do.

MusicalSpoons
May 9th, 2019, 07:54 AM
Setting it after washing: right, on the diagonal - it's a habit from when I used to airdry in the daytime and wore it down more often, that parting gives me a bit more volume as it goes against the natural lay of my hair.

Natural parting: fairly straight, just to left of centre.

I don't wear a parting for styles though.

TatsuOni
May 9th, 2019, 09:17 AM
I always part it in the middle.

AmaryllisRed
May 9th, 2019, 09:54 AM
I generally don't. Rarely I'll part it before bunning, then it's always a side part, never middle.
When I wear it down, I just let it fall. And I'm a flipper. I'll flip it to one side or the other. Not usually middle, and in that case it's not exact anyway.

Laurelin
May 9th, 2019, 10:29 AM
I usually part it exactly in the middle. Right after washing I comb my hair forwards and use my nose to find the center of my face and split my hair there. I've always had a tall forehead so I feel like this is the most flattering for my face. But sometimes I just don't care for all that effort and just let it do it's thing. :gobblecheese:

spidergoat
May 9th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Before I began growing my hair out, I would part to one side or the other to help with volume. Now I just comb it straight back so it all goes in my bun. I'd like to think that helps with my scalp cleavage too, since I have thinning hair on top due to a medical condition.

Hairkay
May 9th, 2019, 11:45 AM
Since I was growing up my hair was mostly parted down the middle. Out of habit I continued this. It more or less falls or sticks out at the sides creating a middle part.

MoonRabbit
May 9th, 2019, 12:01 PM
Depends. Sometimes down the middle or to the left. Now that I think of it, I never part it to the right. Gee, I hope the right side of my face is my good side lol.

lapushka
May 9th, 2019, 03:53 PM
These days, I just let it fall where it wants to. Depends.

embee
May 9th, 2019, 04:13 PM
If I'm around home and not dressing up for anything, my hair is pulled back in a bun, no part. If I'm going out and dressing a bit fancier, usually part on the left and use a little side comb for decoration and some softness, again into a bun. Every once-in-a-while I want a center part, then bun. Hair is not really happy with that. ;)

rhosyn_du
May 9th, 2019, 04:26 PM
In the middle if I'm wearing it down, on the left if I'm wearing a low bun, and with no part if I'm wearing a high bun.

yahirwaO.o
May 9th, 2019, 08:18 PM
Another fan of the sharp, crisp and perfect center part. It's been my go to look for quite some time now and it fits me so nicely, even when I bun it.

Lately I've been doing double buns too so a middle part is like peanut and butter either styled like that or all lovely sleek, down and straight. :o

When i cut it short and had bangs, side parting was so good. I honestly detest my hair pulled back, it is super prone to wispies and look like im balding, my center part softens everything. :o

Stray_mind
May 9th, 2019, 11:13 PM
I have a natural part that is lying on the right side of my head. I don't usually change it, unless i am doing double french braids or something.

OhSuzi
May 10th, 2019, 03:23 AM
right side of my head curlier than the left, so i just make the most of it and flip it all to the right side!

LittleHealthy
May 10th, 2019, 06:59 AM
Usually in the middle, but for low buns I part on the side as it looks nicer on me to use a side-part if I’m going to have my hair slicked back in a bun. My hair is thin and fine, so I find it very easy to switch my parts day-to-day. I feel it looks longest when I part in the middle though (I’m at mid back length)!

hennalove
May 10th, 2019, 01:19 PM
I do just a slightly off centre part to right. It's only about a half inch if that from centre. A lot of times when my hair is up I brush over the part towards the left and used to do that all the time when I used the flat iron.