PDA

View Full Version : How long is too long for you?

softheartedandl
May 2nd, 2019, 01:43 PM
As much as I'd love to pull a Rapunzel and have 70 feet of hair, in real life that might have a few more cons than pros, lol. I always figured I'd just let it grow until it wants to stop, but the more I think about it the more I feel like I might not want to go past classic.

How 'bout y'all?

Groovy Granny
May 2nd, 2019, 02:01 PM
I have made it to TBL a couple of times and that can be too much at times with my old bones, but after a brief snip back to @ Hip I always come back to it ;)

Classic would be too much for sure....for ease of care and comfort.

zmirina
May 2nd, 2019, 02:12 PM
everything past classic would be too long for me for sure, but i am not not sure where the line would be for me between hip and classic. the longest i ever had my hair as tailbone, and that was in primary school, so i have no idea

Sarahlabyrinth
May 2nd, 2019, 02:14 PM
Ha ha, I don't know yet :eyebrows:

nycelle
May 2nd, 2019, 02:19 PM
Anything longer than waist is too much for me to handle. Guess that means I like "short" hair based on LHC norms..lol..

AmaryllisRed
May 2nd, 2019, 02:21 PM
I don't know yet, either. I've just reached classic and have no issues with it so I should be happy with at least a few more inches. :)

Ylva
May 2nd, 2019, 02:32 PM
The longest my hair has been (as far as I can remember - I had long hair as a kid but not sure how long it was at its longest) is tailbone, and for now I feel like I wouldn't want to grow longer than classic. That might change later as I get more experience of that length.

gingerninja
May 2nd, 2019, 02:46 PM
My hair still feels really short at tailbone so I imagine beyond knee might be my sweet spot.

milosmomma
May 2nd, 2019, 03:05 PM
My immediate goal is hip, but I'm thinking that is too short for me. I think it may become too much after it is longer than my arms. We shall see how it grows.

lapushka
May 2nd, 2019, 03:06 PM
As much as I'd love to pull a Rapunzel and have 70 feet of hair, in real life that might have a few more cons than pros, lol. I always figured I'd just let it grow until it wants to stop, but the more I think about it the more I feel like I might not want to go past classic.

How 'bout y'all?

I was over FTL this March, and it got to a point where it was just... too much. So I cut back to classic. Classic has always been (since childhood) a good length for me, and so I went back to what I knew was a comfortable spot for me. Haven't regretted it. So now I will be cutting back to classic each January, and letting it grow the rest of the year, until next January, and again cutting back. I hate having to cut often (the nuisance of making that ponytail on the top of your forehead and snipping a tiny bit off every couple months is just not worth it to me, I'd rather, if I do it, cut a bigger chunk off).

Long story short, classic is where I feel the best with my hair.

You have to kind of "get to know" where your preferred length is.

For me, when I constantly have the desire to cut it totally short, or a huge chunk shorter, I know something is up, and that means I am no longer at a length that is comfortable for me. So I just go back 1 to 2 milestones, and solve that problem entirely. Because now at classic, all that desire for a short short cut is *gone*!

Jo Ann
May 2nd, 2019, 03:14 PM
Even though I'm at TBL right now (and holding), I haven't yet reached the spot where my hair is "too long"--maybe in a year or two, after I get my ends under control (bye-bye split ends!), I'll have a better idea of what is, for me, "too long."

soldierssong
May 2nd, 2019, 03:14 PM
My hair at almost waist is the longest it's ever been, so still loving it. My ultimate goal is between hip and tailbone. But I probably won't let it get past that. I'd love long hip with a blunt end. I've got about three years.

Arciela
May 2nd, 2019, 03:19 PM
I made it to TBL and almost classic before..the only thing that bothered me was I bleached my hair and then it got so tangled, knotted and ratty I cut it all off to shoulder last August.

Already at BSL again and since I plan to keep it virgin this time I'll see how long I can tolerate it.

Dark40
May 2nd, 2019, 03:20 PM

How 'bout y'all?

I was feeling the same way. Wanting to see where my terminal length is. The longest up until now has been MBL as child, and now it 2 inches below WL. My long-term goal is mid-thigh length. I had always said that anything pass thigh or knee length was entirely too long but who knows? I might change my mind. :)

Dark40
May 2nd, 2019, 03:23 PM
My hair at almost waist is the longest it's ever been, so still loving it. My ultimate goal is between hip and tailbone. But I probably won't let it get past that. I'd love long hip with a blunt end. I've got about three years.

Hey, same here! Waist length is the longest mine has ever been too. The longest it had ever been was MBL during childhood. I also love hip and tailbone lengths too! Especially, when it cut blunt ended.

blackgothicdoll
May 2nd, 2019, 03:33 PM
I'll reach terminal before my hair gets too long - one advantage of shrinkage.

MusicalSpoons
May 2nd, 2019, 03:37 PM
I'll let you know when I get there ;) I'm a smidge beyond knee, by far the longest it's ever been, and still happily growing. My goal is whatever's longest with a still-satisfactory hemline (or, one that can be brushed to look semi-decent in photos :wink:) which is definitely a work in progress. I might reach a length with my current pre-LHC ends and think that's enough, then find I want to grow on if thickness does travel down. I also think I'm not *very* far from terminal, I might not be genetically able to reach floor, for instance, and wherever is terminal will probably be too thin for my liking anyway.

So yeah, I don't know, and I look forward to finding out! :D

Ligeia Noire
May 2nd, 2019, 03:54 PM
Not anything until floor and then we will see :)

HaMalka
May 2nd, 2019, 04:08 PM
Somewhere beyond a few inches past the floor as I haven't reached it yet.

hinabelle
May 2nd, 2019, 04:08 PM
Hypothetically, classic will be too long for me. We'll see!

Jas
May 2nd, 2019, 04:26 PM
Well, I'm at classic and it's not too long yet! I've got the feeling my sweet spot will be mid thigh with blunt ends but we'll see, that's still a good way away! I might go for knee longer term depending on how my ends hold up

Cg
May 2nd, 2019, 05:16 PM
Now at FTL+ but have been at knee and cut only because of the weight. I plan to grow as long as I can keep my blunt hemline. Until I get there, no idea how long that will be, but I plan to keep it that length.

The longer my hair gets the better I like it.

Natalia_A00
May 2nd, 2019, 07:34 PM
I love super long hair on others, but I think I would get very irritated with hair past tailbone length. It would constantly get caught on things and it will be very difficult to detangle or wear it loose on a daily basis. I don't like the idea of sitting on my own hair! I don't think I will grow my hair longer than that, to be honest, but who knows, sometimes I like to experiment! Maybe I could wait until my hair gets to classic length and then donate part of it and start over.

illicitlizard
May 2nd, 2019, 07:44 PM
I have no idea yet but I imagine past classic would begin to bother me, past floor (though it looks so cool to have such long hair oh my gawd) would annoy me no end. I guess we'll see!

trolleypup
May 2nd, 2019, 10:20 PM
Still feels short at calf...and holding there (terminal). Past floor would require changes, dunno about that.

spidermom
May 2nd, 2019, 11:31 PM
I have no idea. The longest I've had it was classic length, and sometimes that was perfect, and sometimes it was too damn long. The problem with me is that I love variety, and when I'm longing for a short and easy cut, even shoulder length is too long. When I am longing for my long, flowing hair again, it's too short. Rarely fully satisfied, that's me.

RottenMango
May 3rd, 2019, 12:43 AM
I’m aiming for floor length. I think anything way past that would be too much for me to care for, haha. So we can say past 100 inches for me, I suppose.

Begemot
May 3rd, 2019, 12:45 AM
Hip-TBL started to feel too much for me but that was when I didn't bother figuring out good ways to wear my hair up. We'll see how I'm going to feel this time :)

Servana
May 3rd, 2019, 03:56 AM
I usually keep my hair around waist length and cut back to MBL or BSL every year, then grow it back to waist. Every other year I chop to shoulder and once again grow back to waist.

My hair is thick, wavy and unruly, so waist is where it starts getting a little bit annoying but manageable because I'm used to it. It's my favourite length visually.

As soon as I get past waist it's too long. Gets caught in everything!! Plus I get headaches.

Longest I've been is almost TBL and I chopped to BSL because it kept getting in the way of my boyfriend at the time (every time he went to touch me he'd get tangled in my hair or accidentally pull on it) plus the other issues listed above.

If getting caught + headaches weren't an issue id say BCL would be my limit. For me personally it looks too long. And I wouldn't like sitting on it or having to hold it out of the way of the toilet.

Joules
May 3rd, 2019, 04:24 AM
I imagine Classic to be the longest comfortable length for me. The thing is that I've never actually experienced hair that long, so who knows? Maybe even floor length would be ok :lol: (I'm pretty sure I won't be able to grow hair that long, even Classic doesn't seem possible, my degree of taper indicates I might be reaching terminal sooner than I'd like).

YvetteVarie
May 3rd, 2019, 05:22 AM
I don't know yet. Waiting to see what that will be since shrinkage makes my hair seem shorter all the time

EmeraldSkies
May 3rd, 2019, 05:27 AM
I don't know yet since i haven't had hair longer than BSL before. I am just going to grow and see at what point it start becoming unmanageable.

Simpscone
May 3rd, 2019, 06:51 AM
I have no idea, I've never had hair past APL in my adult life, and I can't remember what it was like before then - it was definitely no longer than BSL.

I'm currently aiming for Waist length as my end goal, but I'm sure I'll go longer than that if I ever get there!

TatsuOni
May 3rd, 2019, 07:52 AM
So far my hair's not "long enough", so for now I'll answer that too long would be floor length/long enough to stand on.

lapushka
May 3rd, 2019, 07:56 AM
I have no idea, I've never had hair past APL in my adult life, and I can't remember what it was like before then - it was definitely no longer than BSL.

I'm currently aiming for Waist length as my end goal, but I'm sure I'll go longer than that if I ever get there!

Mild case of LHC'itis? (the fact that you want to have longer and longer hair after coming on this forum)
LOL!

bparnell75
May 3rd, 2019, 11:52 AM
I am almost at classic and can still manage pretty well...so I will see

GrowinIt
May 3rd, 2019, 12:27 PM
I think my ideal length is that if I am sitting, it almost reaches the chair, but I don't actually sit on it, and this would be while it was wavy, the way I would typically wear it, so straight it would be longer. If I started sitting on it all the time it might be too long, just because I tend to wear it down a lot at home, but I could find ways to deal with it, like pull it all to the front before sitting. I'd be happy to have it be too long =).

Deborah
May 3rd, 2019, 12:46 PM
I have grown it considerably longer, but I mostly like it best between mid back and waist these days, so I guess waist is the maximum length I actually enjoy.

truepeacenik
May 3rd, 2019, 01:33 PM
At knee, I was having issues with the ends.
So I trimmed back and I’m on my way back.

Extrapolating, I think my patience and time will run short at lower calf.
Aside from that, I do like my hair down occasionally, so an inch above floor sound like my sweet spot limit.

hannabiss
May 4th, 2019, 08:02 AM
My hairs kinda fine and thin. So Id love longer hair...but I think waist will be my final goal.

Simpscone
May 4th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Mild case of LHC'itis? (the fact that you want to have longer and longer hair after coming on this forum)
LOL!

Definitely! I think part of me doesn’t believe I can even grow to waist, so I’m sure by the time I reach that goal I’ll play around with longer lengths! :lol:

Wusel
May 4th, 2019, 08:34 AM
Since I get these headaches starting from midback/waist... I think waist is the longest I can handle... unfortunately.

AmaryllisRed
May 4th, 2019, 08:40 AM
I'm surprised so many people said something in the waist to classic range. I would have thought it would be longer, whether you've actually gotten there yet or not.

AutobotsAttack
May 4th, 2019, 09:44 AM
Once my hands can’t get to the ends of my hair it would probably be too long. Just for practicality sake.

trolleypup
May 4th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Extrapolating, I think my patience and time will run short at lower calf.
Aside from that, I do like my hair down occasionally, so an inch above floor sound like my sweet spot limit.
One of the ballet moms used to wear heels long enough to keep her hair off the ground...she was maintaining around 0-2 inches past floor. (!!!)

hayheadsbird
May 4th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Classic is less than a year away, but it still feels short at tbl. After classic I'll see how i feel, but right now mid-thigh/ftl would be nice.

CuteCrow
May 4th, 2019, 01:17 PM
As many have already said I don't know. But I think it would be floor for me, I'd like to enjoy my hair wearing it loose so I think floor would definitely be my "too long". Anyway I have never had hair longer than BSL so I don't think I can even grow that long

Cherriezzzzz
May 4th, 2019, 07:06 PM
So far my hair's not "long enough", so for now I'll answer that too long would be floor length/long enough to stand on.

YES! I agree! If I can step on it, that would be past my comfort level. I just reached to three feet, tailbone length. However, this is THEE longest hair of my life, and it's my first hair goal, but I'm no where near done :rolleyes:

My second goal is fingertip length (mid thigh) at 48 inches... But I can easily see myself getting to knee. And if I grew to knee... May as well be calf so my braided ponytail could reach down to my knees...

So, again, yes, floor length is my maximum.

Good thread topic OP!