PDA

View Full Version : Completely unshorn hair

MadelineMomo
April 29th, 2019, 10:54 AM
Is there anyone who doesn't cut their hair at all—not even S&D?

And if so, how does your hair react to it? How long have you been doing it? Do you have any pictures of your hemline?

Cg
April 29th, 2019, 11:17 AM
I once knew a woman who did not cut her hair since 25 years. At all. Bunned it was breathtakingly beautiful and elegant. Down... ratty, ragged, slatternly. She was proud of the 14 strands that reached mid-thigh, even so. In fairness, neither of us had heard of LHC if it even existed back then. So now she might have found better hair care methods/products.

In fact her hair is the reason I keep my hemline blunt and always will.

lapushka
April 29th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Well there are the no trimming threads and some of the people participating have gone well beyond a year.

I didn't cut from November 2016 to January 2019. And again March/April thereabouts (can't recall when I cut it from the top of my head). But I think that's about as far as I've gone yet.

Tinyponies
April 29th, 2019, 03:38 PM
I would love to see examples of completely uncut hair. My son had no haircuts whatsoever until he was around five years old, and he had a wonderful mane.

Mitzy
April 29th, 2019, 03:47 PM
I have known exactly one adult woman who had never cut her hair as an adult. She was in a commune thing in India and shaved her head. Then she moved back to the US because of her health when she got pregnant. She had completely virgin hair that had never been cut since the shave. Her hair was gorgeous and very thick. She did oddly have one big piece of hair that was about 2 inches shorter than the rest and the ends looked really odd, sort of paler than the rest. She vaguely remembered that she had burnt herself badly on her head as a small child and figured that was the hair growing out of the scar. Her hair was at classic length when I knew her but I can't remember how long it was since she'd shaved her head.

AmaryllisRed
April 29th, 2019, 05:36 PM
I haven't cut in 2 years and 4 months. While that is a long time to the general population, I know there are people here who have gone much longer than that. :)

Hairkay
April 30th, 2019, 11:26 AM
I didn't have my hair trimmed/cut in childhood and was well into my 20s before I had my first trim. Even so it was years until my next trim. My hair would just break off when it got to bsl. I thought of my hair as the autotrim type.

Andthetalltrees
April 30th, 2019, 11:47 AM
I've gone YEARS without trimming or cutting, Up to 4 or 5 and it's always been in better shape than when I trim it more regularly. I think there's something to how coarse it is that it really hates being trimmed and it makes the end fray

MsPharaohMoan
April 30th, 2019, 04:37 PM
Andthetalltrees, I think you were the first to come to mind! I always love seeing your updates.

Glitch
May 1st, 2019, 12:24 AM
I went 4-5 years without any snipping at all at least twice, and each time it ended with a disaster (way too much damage, like you wouldn't believe). However, I did straighten, blow-fry and bleach my hair constantly throughout those times. Anyway, even though I take 10000x better care of it now, I'd feel uncomfortable going longer than 4-5 months without at least a good S&D. Probably due to those past memories, lol.

Ophidian
May 4th, 2019, 07:12 PM
That’s the way I’m heading. I’ve grown out from pixie to waist in three years with one tiny trim to dust off the ends of the layers about halfway through. I don’t S&D. I like the look, and it’s making bunning so much easier then last time I had long hair with blunt ends.

Cherriezzzzz
May 4th, 2019, 07:24 PM
That’s the way I’m heading. I’ve grown out from pixie to waist in three years with one tiny trim to dust off the ends of the layers about halfway through. I don’t S&D. I like the look, and it’s making bunning so much easier then last time I had long hair with blunt ends.

I have the same experience, also my blunt ends make bunning difficult.

I didn't trim or cut my hair for 3 years, it didn't look bad, but a difference I noticed was that my layers seemed to blend away? I had shoulder length, layered "typical" hair. But now my hair is tailbone length and it's nearly one length! My husband (typical, non noticing type of man) thinks my hair is one length. Once i had found that out, I looked myself, a lot closer, and it's true. It's nearly got no layers now at all!