PDA

View Full Version : What would it take for you to cut all your hair off?

iforgotmylogin
April 29th, 2019, 08:50 AM
Money?
Fame?
Mozzarella? :0

BerrySara
April 29th, 2019, 08:53 AM
well I have done it once before. What that took was highly damaged and processed hair that was breaking apart on me and I wanted a fresh start with healthy virgin hair with my natural texture.

cjk
April 29th, 2019, 09:06 AM
A friend in need.

I shaved, and kept it razored, with a cancer friend.

LadyCelestina
April 29th, 2019, 09:07 AM
well I have done it once before. What that took was highly damaged and processed hair that was breaking apart on me and I wanted a fresh start with healthy virgin hair with my natural texture.

I think that would do it for me as well.

Other than that... Idk. Maybe if I got really, permanently fed up of having longer hair. I don't see that happening though.

Begemot
April 29th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Lots and lots of money. Or if it was somehow for the greater good or something like that. Or if I had a condition that would make me lose a lot of hair and/or made the quality really poor. No amount of cheese would do ;)

Cg
April 29th, 2019, 09:41 AM
A cataclysm. Long hair is easy to manage, inexpensive to maintain (once you stop buying hairtoys every time the whim strikes), and incredibly versatile. None of which applies to short hair.

lapushka
April 29th, 2019, 09:41 AM
I don't know what the future brings, obviously, but it would have to be health reasons or not being able to take care of hair that long anymore for whatever reason.

As it stands currently, my long hair = fine.

How long is your hair now, OP?

AmaryllisRed
April 29th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Lots and lots of money. Or if it was somehow for the greater good or something like that. Or if I had a condition that would make me lose a lot of hair and/or made the quality really poor. No amount of cheese would do ;)

Pretty much this.
Like $500,000? Yeah. I would.

Hairizona
April 29th, 2019, 09:53 AM
What would be the purpose of this thread?
Is it supposed to be a light-hearted surface conversation kind of thing?
I can only speak for myself; I spent too many years growing my hair out and taking good care of it to even entertain such thinking. I would think that there are others here who feel the same.......

littlestarface
April 29th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Money money money! How much you wanna give me?

Joules
April 29th, 2019, 10:16 AM
If we're not talking about being forced into cutting like going through chemotherapy, I'd say a large sum of money. A very large sum of money. Enough to pay off my parents' debt and buy two houses, one here in my hometown and another one in Barcelona. Well, houses seem too much, two apartments would do too :lol:

hinabelle
April 29th, 2019, 10:29 AM
I think this question has been asked here before, but:
$500,000 minimum and an extensive, high quality long wig collection to hold me over until I have long hair :lol:

cjk
April 29th, 2019, 10:30 AM
We shaved each other. Friendship. Solidarity.

https://i.imgur.com/uw23Fwy.png

ArabellaRose
April 29th, 2019, 10:37 AM
Barring losing it for any reason, there's nothing on this earth that could make me cut my hair off.

BerrySara
April 29th, 2019, 10:41 AM
We shaved each other. Friendship. Solidarity.

cjk I think that is heartwarming and very kind of you.

cjk
April 29th, 2019, 10:59 AM
cjk I think that is heartwarming and very kind of you.

Yep. Friendship.

I run a group on facebook for bald and bearded guys; some of us embrace it, but for others it's hard to lose their hair. Doing it with a friend, standing in solidarity, a brotherhood...

It's not unlike St Baldrick's cancer shaves.

This particular guy is basically my best friend and he had a cancer scare. And just like that, a matching pair of "skinheads" were born.

Simpscone
April 29th, 2019, 12:06 PM
I don’t know what my answer would be at super long lengths, as my hair is still just above APL I’m sure me cutting my hair off would be much less impactful or difficult compared to others.

I’d definitely do it for a life changing amount of money, the things I could do with that mean a lot more to me than my looks. Also, if a close friend or family member went through chemo like your own story cjk, I’ve always thought I would do the same in solidarity. :flower:

akurah
April 29th, 2019, 12:10 PM
It'd need to be at least a large sum of money, assuming it's not in response to a medical event. Since no one would pay that, alas, it's not going to get all cut off for that.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 29th, 2019, 12:48 PM
Only for a very serious medical reason.

Sora Rose
April 29th, 2019, 01:08 PM
It would have to be a sum of money I can't imagine anyone ever paying. Either that or I suffer from a bad medical condition.

Barring that, no. I'd never cut it.

Dung Beetle
April 29th, 2019, 01:18 PM
Heck, I've thought about it. Catch me on the right day and I might do it for a really nice cupcake!

HaMalka
April 29th, 2019, 01:24 PM
A lot of money, a medical condition, an accident so that my hair is much shorter in one area, or my desire for a bright pink pixie cut strengthening.

Tinyponies
April 29th, 2019, 02:05 PM
If cutting my hair off was the only way to save the puppies, then yes.

Groovy Granny
April 29th, 2019, 02:10 PM
I would only cut it off for a major medical condition that caused catastrophic hair loss.

Garnetgem
April 29th, 2019, 02:32 PM
Medical reasons only,i have had this done when i had major surgery as a teen recovery would be slow and long so afraid the long hair just had to go,it was just past classic and one length at the time and was cut above chin and layered,there was no time to be upset about it my health had to come first,i could see me do it again if it were for medical reasons but otherwise nothing could make me do it...um i don't think..

blackgothicdoll
April 29th, 2019, 03:07 PM
Sometimes just a bad hairday takes me close enough to the edge.....

Other than that, not much. I've got a lot of damage and a fresh start would be fun. I'd look like a dude so I'd just wear a wigs and such until it was long enough again. But I would definitely barter for a good chunk of change if anybody is offering :lol:

ApprenticeWrit
April 29th, 2019, 03:10 PM
I'll ditto what others have already said on the thread- short of lots of money or a medical reason, I'd rather prefer to keep my hair as is. It's nothing particularly fancy, but it's in good condition, and it'd take years to get back to where I am now in terms of length.

illicitlizard
April 29th, 2019, 05:06 PM
Hmmmm in terms of solidarity I don't think I'm a good enough person to cut my hair off for such a purpose. A lump sum of money also wouldn't get me to give it up. So barring medical catastrophe maybe only the promise of full time employment until retirement would get me to do it. Stable jobs are hard to come by lol.

bparnell75
April 29th, 2019, 05:16 PM
*I think if my DH changed his mind about wanting it long. I really don't think that would happen as he ENJOYS it long. Enough money to build and run a couple of orphanages for a third world country.

Climber
April 29th, 2019, 06:16 PM
I'd probably shave it off for $500,000.

-Fern
April 29th, 2019, 06:29 PM
Whew. I guess I'm a cheap date, I'd shave my head for $2000, definitely. I'd probably be able to be talked into it for $1000.

Ylva
April 29th, 2019, 06:31 PM
I don’t know about money, but I find it more likely that it would be the desire to cut my hair. It’s totally possible I’ll feel that way in the future.

AmaryllisRed
April 29th, 2019, 06:35 PM
Heck, I've thought about it. Catch me on the right day and I might do it for a really nice cupcake!

This is totally me. Cupcakes are a great motivator.

iforgotmylogin
April 29th, 2019, 07:03 PM
I like hearing about people donating their manes to friends in need, top effort

How long is your hair now, OP?

Fair way down my back, getting close to elbow

EdG
April 29th, 2019, 07:05 PM
I would never cut my hair. I would even forego medical treatment if it had the side-effect of loosing hair.
Ed

AmaryllisRed
April 29th, 2019, 07:18 PM
I like hearing about people donating their manes to friends in need, top effort

This brings up an interesting point I hadn't considered.
I have a good friend who has had some health issues lately and it makes me so sad for her because she is in pain much of the time and few things help. This friend is also one of the few people in my life who always compliments my hair.
If she were to lose her hair as a result of her illness or treatment, and donating my hair could make a wig for her (or maybe be sold to offset the cost or something) I would do it without question.
That said, my hair is like 40" long and I don't think all 40" would be necessary for that purpose. I'd happily give 25" or something in that situation.

Ligeia Noire
April 29th, 2019, 07:55 PM
I would never cut my hair. I would even forego medical treatment if it had the side-effect of loosing hair.
Ed

Same here.... knock on wood, it would be my worst nightmare, no money in the world could replace it....

AutobotsAttack
April 29th, 2019, 07:59 PM
Only way I’d cut my hair is if my life depended on it.
Like, if someone had a gun to my head, and that was
My only option.

lapushka
April 30th, 2019, 07:07 AM

That's great! I bet you'd hate to give that up. Where do you stand on your own questions?

iforgotmylogin
April 30th, 2019, 07:42 AM
It'd have to be the right cheese. I wouldn't cut it for Limburger for instance

Natalia_A00
April 30th, 2019, 08:08 AM
A LOT of money... It has to be a lot because I love my hair and it has taken a lot of time to get to what it is now. I mean, it's not super long (reaching hip) but I have desired it for a long time. Or if I started losing lots of hair and it became way thinner, maybe I would cut it. Not completely but shoulder length for example. I would shave it if I destroyed and fried it with bleach, which I don't think is going to happen

lapushka
April 30th, 2019, 08:11 AM
It'd have to be the right cheese. I wouldn't cut it for Limburger for instance

I'm afraid you cut into some cheese, aka a touchy subject. ;)

Haziel
April 30th, 2019, 08:13 AM
I cut my hair when I was a kid because I didn't like the its color. (I like it now it's just it wasn't the attention grabbing red my sister had)

In 2017 I met a very pretty very ladylike cashier who didn't have any hair, pretty sure it was chemo if I could be sure that my hair was going to her I would have cut it right then...... don't know how she's doing now though -she doesn't work there anymore- I hope her journey is going well.

My goal is to grow my hair out to knee then cut to mid back for the ladies in this world who don't have what we have whether it be chemo meds or age.

Luna Starsetta
April 30th, 2019, 09:32 AM
The only reasons I cut are its to damaged to heal it with oils or Deep Conditioning or its gotten to long to handle for me.

Milkchocolate
April 30th, 2019, 10:27 AM
I don’t think i could even cut my hair for money lol. My hair brings me such joy!! And not in a vanity-like way. I just like to care for it! Like a plant or a pet!!
Realistically, if it were to ever be severely damaged somehow, I would part with it. But on the brightside..my hairstyle options would increase by 1000

ursaV
April 30th, 2019, 10:33 AM
If someone paid off all my undergrad+ future grad college loans I would cut it off. Then again, I'm only BSL and I've never been longer so I may feel different later on.

guska
April 30th, 2019, 11:09 AM
"All" it took for me was hair loss.

I had planned on cutting my hair short for about 3-4 years because my friends tried to persuade me into trying something new (I grew up with long hair). One year into my hair loss I decided it was time as I finally had a "reason" to actually cut it.

It was fun and all, but I miss my TBL hair terribly haha. I didn't realise how much my hair meant to me and was a part of my identity until the beginning of this year.

mackensey
April 30th, 2019, 11:28 PM
I'd cut it for a lotta money.

Reyn127
May 1st, 2019, 10:56 AM
To be honest, as someone who kept her head shaved for half a year in the past, I don’t think there’s much, if anything, that I would voluntarily cut all my hair off for. If it was a personal medical issue that made it impossible to have long hair, that’s one thing. But no amount of money/otherwise encouragement would make me shave it again, or cut to above CBL/shoulder. I’ve just decided that I don’t like those lengths on myself.

MoonRabbit
May 1st, 2019, 11:25 AM
Medical reasons aside...it would have to be something very important.

But I have thought about keeping my hair as an asset. In case things go south and I or someone I love needs money. I would sell my hair.

Angela the Mer
May 1st, 2019, 12:18 PM
Medical reasons, as MoonRabbit mentioned, and likely others cited that too.
I'm very attached to my hair (head surgery when I was younger and I still have scars on my head). It feels like I'm absolutely naked without my hair, and even sometimes with it. It may seem ridiculous, but my hair is linked to my beauty and self-esteem. So it would take a lot to cut it. The longer I grow it, the more comfortable I feel. I've decided to ignore what people say and I am growing it to tailbone (my goal!). Currently closing in on waist! I'm super excited, but it also feels like it is taking so long to grow! :(

spidergoat
May 4th, 2019, 09:19 AM
If someone paid off all my undergrad+ future grad college loans I would cut it off. Then again, I'm only BSL and I've never been longer so I may feel different later on.

Yes! Same here!

GrowinIt
May 4th, 2019, 09:24 AM
If they could make a magic pill that made hair grow 1 inch a day, sure I'd go for a fresh start and cut it off and regrow it for fun =).

gingerninja
May 4th, 2019, 12:42 PM
I would only cut my hair off for medical reasons, no amount of money or cheese could make me part with it.

spidermom
May 4th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Poor health and inability to care for it. Or - you know - a wild impulse that I'd probably regret. Or the opportunity to go snorkeling every day. Long hair and snorkeling masks do not get along well.

Wusel
May 5th, 2019, 01:45 AM
If someone told me they will pay all the costs for my son's university years, including foood, insurance, car, the room to live in, in case it's far away, I would SHAVE my head.

Stray_mind
May 5th, 2019, 01:54 AM
Just me getting bored/frustrated with it is enough :lol:

MusicalSpoons
May 5th, 2019, 06:23 AM
If they could make a magic pill that made hair grow 1 inch a day, sure I'd go for a fresh start and cut it off and regrow it for fun =).

:O what an awesome idea!! I could chop it off and be back to knee length in under 2 months!!! I would absolutely do that!

If you ever invent that pill, please let me know! ;) Autocorrect initially changed 'pill' to 'oil' :rollin: I think it knows our LHC ways!

Otherwise, what are we talking when we say 'all'? Shave, pixie, bob, shoulders? I don't think I'd voluntarily do any of those, though the thing that would most tempt me would be a sum of money large enough to buy a non-mouldy house for my family, maybe my own little bungalow, and a wheelchair-accessible car - and/or an *actually* lightweight foldable electric wheelchair - with enough left over for us to have some breathing room, financially.

Inability to care for my hair would likely result in cutting back to wherever is a mutually acceptable length between me and my carer, but it would still be properly long. Massive hairloss would most likely result in cutting back to a medium length but still long-ish; the only reason I would cut it all off (shoulders or above) would be impending, 100% guaranteed total or near-total hairloss - I'd rather cut it and keep it than lose it in clumps down the drain or on the floor to shedding.

gustavonut
May 5th, 2019, 06:36 AM
I’d go bald any day honestly. Hair is just an accessory to me.

esfand
May 5th, 2019, 07:00 AM
It will take at least money. I would do it at least for $10,000 to compensate for the current hair itself and the amount of time it will take to grow back (about 7 years), plus a couple good wigs (like those $1000+ ones) in different colors to keep me covered as I regrow.

Fortunately, I don't have to make that choice since nobody is offering. :p

If I got a medical issue where my hair is falling apart, I would sell it and use that money towards a good wig.

ponine
May 5th, 2019, 02:12 PM
I'd do it for a... let's say 3000€.

Mitzy
May 5th, 2019, 02:16 PM
I think I would do it for $5000, my husband isn't working right now and we don't have a car. I also might just do it for the hell of it. I am a but impulsive sometimes. If I didn't have to go any shorter than a chin length bob, well, my hair grows really fast....

Little Lemon
May 5th, 2019, 02:57 PM
A kitten.

Or a lot of caffeine. I make some wild decisions when I’ve had some Diet Mountain Dew...

The-Young-Maid
May 5th, 2019, 03:17 PM
Only some serious medical issues.

RottenMango
May 5th, 2019, 05:06 PM
There’s nothing I would ever cut my hair for. I only like my hair long. Short hair just doesn’t work for me.

val.
May 7th, 2019, 02:15 PM
A time machine. Then, I'd cut if off all the time.