PDA

View Full Version : Been waiting a while - for five feet of hair!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 26th, 2019, 04:59 AM
Yup, I finally made it! I had DH measure my hair this morning and he said my ends ranged from 60" to 63". Don't know which length to claim, lol! I never would have thought to have ever reached five feet of hair! :happydance: 63" is solid mid calf on me. I guess from now on it's heading down to ankle. I'm hoping for a nice growth spurt this summer. if all goes well I should make ankle by this time next year, which is six months earlier than I expected :)

https://i.imgur.com/C7w9Xhf.png?3 (https://imgur.com/C7w9Xhf)

JennGalt
April 26th, 2019, 05:15 AM
Wow!! Congrats, Sarah :applause: That is impressive! I’m just under 63 inches tall (about 159cm or 62.67 inches) so that really puts it in perspective :lol: Can’t wait to see your hair at ankle!

Simpscone
April 26th, 2019, 05:17 AM
Wow, Sarah! Your hair is magnificent, congratulations on your milestone! :flower:

Aerya
April 26th, 2019, 05:35 AM
Congrats, Sarah! That's an amazing length on you - your hair looks fantastic! :flower:

embee
April 26th, 2019, 05:36 AM
Dang, girl! I've hit term and I'm only at classic. Nice to have good hair genes! Congrats. :)

spitfire511
April 26th, 2019, 06:01 AM
SO gorgeous lady! Congratulations!!:joy:

Lady Stardust
April 26th, 2019, 06:01 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks beautiful, as always!

lapushka
April 26th, 2019, 06:14 AM
You're on the fast track, Sarah!

Congratulations on 5 feet! :applause :happydance:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 26th, 2019, 06:17 AM
Thank you all! Lapushka, do you think I should claim 63"? :)

Vacurlylady
April 26th, 2019, 06:36 AM
WOW!!!!! Love this! Your hair is beautiful Sarah! Congratulations on such a milestone! 😃

Ligeia Noire
April 26th, 2019, 06:43 AM
I told you that you would get there soon. Congratulations! It looks beautiful!

teeks
April 26th, 2019, 07:07 AM
Congratulations! That is some milestone, I'm 164 cm so nearly same length :bigeyes:

lapushka
April 26th, 2019, 07:21 AM
Thank you all! Lapushka, do you think I should claim 63"? :)

Well if it ranges from 61 to 63 inches, then it means there are tufts or hairs that *are* 63 inches, so I think: YES! :)

AmaryllisRed
April 26th, 2019, 07:44 AM
Hey, congratulations! That's quite a milestone!

ArabellaRose
April 26th, 2019, 07:55 AM
That's incredible, congratulations!

milosmomma
April 26th, 2019, 08:21 AM
That's amazing! That's longer than a few people I know are tall! :lol:

MusicalSpoons
April 26th, 2019, 09:12 AM
Wahoo!! :happydance: Congratulations Sarahlabyrinth!!

(I concur with calling the longest length, or else I'd still be an inch or so from knee :p anyway many of us have some kind of irregularity in our hemline, intentional or not, so to only call the shortest part would be madness ;))

Cg
April 26th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Woohoo! Congratulations! :happydance::cheer:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 26th, 2019, 09:22 AM
I told you that you would get there soon. Congratulations! It looks beautiful!

You did! But it's hard to see on your own hair, that's why I was so surprised when DH measured it. I thought it would take months more to reach mid calf. When DH measured it last December it was sitting on 58".

Congratulations! That is some milestone, I'm 164 cm so nearly same length :bigeyes:

And I bet it looks amazing, too!

Well if it ranges from 61 to 63 inches, then it means there are tufts or hairs that *are* 63 inches, so I think: YES! :)

I shall take your wise advice :laugh:

That's amazing! That's longer than a few people I know are tall! :lol:

I must have seen one of them at the grocery store this afternoon :)

Wahoo!! :happydance: Congratulations Sarahlabyrinth!!

(I concur with calling the longest length, or else I'd still be an inch or so from knee :p anyway many of us have some kind of irregularity in our hemline, intentional or not, so to only call the shortest part would be madness ;))

Thank you, yes, I wouldn't want you to un-call knee length! :D I have no idea how I came to have a three inch long irregularity in my hemline! I'll embrace it though, it's showing the way for the rest of the hairs...

Thank you, all who have made such lovely comments here :flowers:

AshtangiPNW
April 26th, 2019, 09:31 AM
Wow! Congratulations! It looks absolutely stunning! :joy:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 26th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Wow! Congratulations! It looks absolutely stunning! :joy:

Thank you :)

Remi
April 26th, 2019, 10:19 AM
Congratulations! You will always be my long haired role model.

Ylva
April 26th, 2019, 10:21 AM
Congratulations, Sarah! Your hair is stunning as always. :)

GrowinIt
April 26th, 2019, 10:25 AM
That is awesome, congrats. You have gorgeous hair!

Groovy Granny
April 26th, 2019, 10:33 AM
:applause: Wow ~ congrats ~ it is stunning :crush:

I love how your silver is traveling down the length too; so pretty!

Now to cruise to ankle :cheer:

Reyn127
April 26th, 2019, 10:33 AM
Oh my goodness Sarah, CONGRATS! I remember when I first came to the LHC that you were still inches away from knee, and now look at you! Your hair is such an inspiration, and it seems to be growing so fast! I’m excited for you, good job.

lapushka
April 26th, 2019, 10:36 AM
I shall take your wise advice :laugh:

Oh good! ;) :silly:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 26th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Congratulations! You will always be my long haired role model.

Aww, Remi! You are too sweet :) Thanks!

Thank you all, so much, all your encouragement through the years has been much needed, and appreciated, as there have been several occasions when i have felt like chopping...

hinabelle
April 26th, 2019, 10:55 AM
Congratulations, your hair is just as beautiful as ever too :)
How long has this feat taken you? :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 26th, 2019, 11:01 AM
Congratulations, your hair is just as beautiful as ever too :)
How long has this feat taken you? :flower:

Thank you so much :)

This was my hair when I joined the LHC in 2012:

https://i.imgur.com/03Wofmx.jpg

luluj
April 26th, 2019, 11:47 AM
Yup, I finally made it! I had DH measure my hair this morning and he said my ends ranged from 60" to 63". Don't know which length to claim, lol! I never would have thought to have ever reached five feet of hair! :happydance: 63" is solid mid calf on me. I guess from now on it's heading down to ankle. I'm hoping for a nice growth spurt this summer. if all goes well I should make ankle by this time next year, which is six months earlier than I expected :)

Oh my, Sarah, such a monumental milestone for you! Beautiful hair, Beautiful Lady! :blossom:

:magic:C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S :magic:

Begemot
April 26th, 2019, 11:57 AM
Your hair is phenomenal Sarah :blossom: Congratulations for reaching mid calf!!

pailin
April 26th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Gorgeous, Sarahlabyrinth, and that's a great milestone! You were my first hair inspiration here at lhc when I joined, and I think you were still coming up on classic. It's encouraging.

TatsuOni
April 26th, 2019, 12:44 PM
Congrats! Your hair looks amazing!

zmirina
April 26th, 2019, 12:46 PM
That's 2 inches longer than me.... All of me.... :D

Vacurlylady
April 26th, 2019, 01:38 PM
Thank you so much :)

This was my hair when I joined the LHC in 2012:

https://i.imgur.com/03Wofmx.jpg

Wow! Amazing growth in 7 years!!! Do you ever trim? I tease people and saying I am growing my hair until I retire. That will be in 6 years. I’m not at your beginning length yet, just past SL right now, but you have given me great inspiration! 😃 Congratulations!!!

Tinyponies
April 26th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Congrats sarahlabyrinth! Thanks for sharing as you do and being such an inspiration :love:

BerrySara
April 26th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Congratulations Sarah, that is an incredible achievement! I always see that first post with a picture of your hair when it was a good deal shorter on the Put your hair photos here 'cos you really want to.... (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110540) thread and its amazing how long it has grown! Its very inspiring!

LoveHeart33
April 26th, 2019, 01:59 PM
So beautiful!!! Congratulations!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

eresh
April 26th, 2019, 02:03 PM
Wooohoooo! Congratulations Sarah!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 26th, 2019, 03:02 PM
Oh my, Sarah, such a monumental milestone for you! Beautiful hair, Beautiful Lady!

:magic:C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S

Thank you :D

Your hair is phenomenal Sarah :blossom: Congratulations for reaching mid calf!!

Wow, thank you Begemot! :o

Gorgeous, Sarahlabyrinth, and that's a great milestone! You were my first hair inspiration here at lhc when I joined, and I think you were still coming up on classic. It's encouraging.

Thank you, I'm glad if I can be an inspiration!

Congrats! Your hair looks amazing!

Thank you!

That's 2 inches longer than me.... All of me....

Think how much less distance you would need to grow to get to the same milestone :) It's not always great being tall :D

Wow! Amazing growth in 7 years!!! Do you ever trim? I tease people and saying I am growing my hair until I retire. That will be in 6 years. I’m not at your beginning length yet, just past SL right now, but you have given me great inspiration! 😃 Congratulations!!!

Thanks! Yes, I do trim, just micro trimming from time to time. This year I will do two trims of half an inch.

Congrats sarahlabyrinth! Thanks for sharing as you do and being such an inspiration

Aww, thanks :crush:

Congratulations Sarah, that is an incredible achievement! I always see that first post with a picture of your hair when it was a good deal shorter on the Put your hair photos here 'cos you really want to.... (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110540) thread and its amazing how long it has grown! Its very inspiring!

Thank you very much! I hope I can inspire and encourage :)

So beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!

Thank you very much!

Wooohoooo! Congratulations Sarah!:o

Thank you eresh! :D

Deborah
April 26th, 2019, 03:55 PM
Good for you Sarah! That's mighty long!:flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 26th, 2019, 04:02 PM
Thank you Deborah! I guess I can now feel that I have long hair :p :laugh:

AmaryllisRed
April 26th, 2019, 04:50 PM
Wow, it's even cooler when I see how far you've come!
Was that your natural color in 2012, or dye, or...?

hayheadsbird
April 26th, 2019, 05:05 PM
Congratulations!

Corvana
April 27th, 2019, 02:37 AM
Congratulations!! Your hair is definitely goals!

_fred_
April 27th, 2019, 02:56 AM
Wow, that's wonderful Sarahlabyrinth! Congratulations, and best of luck for the next stage :blossom:

This is so inspiring <3

CuteCrow
April 27th, 2019, 04:10 AM
Omg, your hair is just amazing I'd love to have such a gorgeous hair. The ends are your natural colour? If so it's amazing to see the change in colour and it looks so pretty too :D

Sarahlabyrinth
April 27th, 2019, 05:26 AM
Wow, it's even cooler when I see how far you've come!
Was that your natural color in 2012, or dye, or...?

Thanks! That was dye in 2012. The silver you see growing in now is my natural colour. (I was blonde as a child though, and went the usual mouse colour with adulthood, when I discovered dye).

Congratulations!

Thank you!

Congratulations!! Your hair is definitely goals!

If I can do it, you can do it! :D

Wow, that's wonderful Sarahlabyrinth! Congratulations, and best of luck for the next stage :blossom:

This is so inspiring <3

Thank you so much!

Omg, your hair is just amazing I'd love to have such a gorgeous hair. The ends are your natural colour? If so it's amazing to see the change in colour and it looks so pretty too :D

The silvers you see growing in are my natural colour. The blonde and the brown you see in my photos are dye. And thank you :)

Ophidian
April 27th, 2019, 08:22 PM
Truly magnificent Saralabyrinth , you and your hair both have such a lovely presence around here :blossom:. Congratulations!

AutobotsAttack
April 27th, 2019, 11:11 PM
Looking awesome! I’m glad to see your longer lengths filled out nicely again! I remember you posting about having an issue with the thinness, but I can’t see anything suggesting thinness anymore. Lovely!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 28th, 2019, 02:34 AM
Truly magnificent Saralabyrinth , you and your hair both have such a lovely presence around here :blossom:. Congratulations!

Thank you :crush:

Looking awesome! I’m glad to see your longer lengths filled out nicely again! I remember you posting about having an issue with the thinness, but I can’t see anything suggesting thinness anymore. Lovely!

AutobotsAttack, my ends are still thin (but at this length that's probably not unusual) but with gradual trims they are improving. When I start maintaining (at whatever length I finally decide to) I hope to see more progress. :)

Jo Ann
April 28th, 2019, 06:30 AM
Sarah, I've seen your earlier Youtube videos and your current length is fantastic! The amount of progress you've made over the last five years is amazing!

https://southcarolina1670.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/calvin-coolidge.jpg

lunalocks
April 28th, 2019, 09:19 AM
Wonderful to see, Sarah. You are so inspiring. And every pic I've seen is beautiful.

At some point we were the same length, but you have passed me by as I hover at 57in/knee and can't seem to get beyond.

Katsura
April 28th, 2019, 09:26 AM
Congratulations, Sarah! What a milestone, and your hair is looking lovely!

CindyOfTheOaks
April 28th, 2019, 11:06 AM
Holy Moly Sarah !

5 feet of beautiful fairy silk !

Congratulations !

Estrid
April 28th, 2019, 11:13 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks amazing :o

Waveurly
April 28th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful and very pretty :)

Sarahlabyrinth
April 29th, 2019, 01:18 AM
Sarah, I've seen your earlier Youtube videos and your current length is fantastic! The amount of progress you've made over the last five years is amazing!

https://southcarolina1670.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/calvin-coolidge.jpg

Wonderful to see, Sarah. You are so inspiring. And every pic I've seen is beautiful.

At some point we were the same length, but you have passed me by as I hover at 57in/knee and can't seem to get beyond.

Congratulations, Sarah! What a milestone, and your hair is looking lovely!

Holy Moly Sarah !

5 feet of beautiful fairy silk !

Congratulations !

Congrats! Your hair looks amazing :o

Congratulations! Your hair looks wonderful and very pretty :)

Thank you all :crush:

school of fish
April 29th, 2019, 05:55 AM
Congratulations Sarahlabyrinth!!! I'm not a frequent commenter on milestone/anniversary posts but I do see and appreciate them! Yours is heartwarming and inspiring because of the generosity you've shown over years here in sharing your journey with its ups and downs along the way :) Thank you for sharing this big up!!!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 29th, 2019, 05:57 AM
Congratulations Sarahlabyrinth!!! I'm not a frequent commenter on milestone/anniversary posts but I do see and appreciate them! Yours is heartwarming and inspiring because of the generosity you've shown over years here in sharing your journey with its ups and downs along the way :) Thank you for sharing this big up!!!

Wow, thank you for your lovely words, school of fish! :D :flowers:

StellaStellitsa
April 29th, 2019, 07:29 AM

Congratulations! You have really beautiful and amazing hair. You are definitely an inspiration. I admire you.

Shorty89
April 29th, 2019, 10:03 AM
Congrats! Your hair is gorgeous!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 29th, 2019, 01:01 PM
Congratulations! You have really beautiful and amazing hair. You are definitely an inspiration. I admire you.

Congrats! Your hair is gorgeous!

Thank you! :)

FrayedFire
June 1st, 2019, 03:10 PM
I actually came to find this thread just so I could tell you I love your new sigpic without hijacking another thread. The colour is so pretty, too.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 1st, 2019, 03:17 PM
I actually came to find this thread just so I could tell you I love your new sigpic without hijacking another thread. The colour is so pretty, too.

Awww, thank you so much! :D The colour seems to change a lot with the light so never seems to look the same twice.

desisparkles
June 1st, 2019, 05:14 PM
Hooray, Sarah!! That's so fantastic. Talk about dedication, just for one detangling session at that!

Kalamazoo
June 1st, 2019, 05:26 PM
Congratulations, Sarah! It's beautiful!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 2nd, 2019, 01:55 AM
Hooray, Sarah!! That's so fantastic. Talk about dedication, just for one detangling session at that!

Congratulations, Sarah! It's beautiful!

Thank you both! :)

Kat-Rinnè Naido
June 3rd, 2019, 12:45 PM
Wow congratulations on your new milestone. Thank you for sharing. Your post are always encouraging.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 3rd, 2019, 01:11 PM
Wow congratulations on your new milestone. Thank you for sharing. Your post are always encouraging.

Thank you so very much :) :flowers:

GrowingGlory
June 15th, 2019, 01:13 PM
Beautiful!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 16th, 2019, 02:43 AM
Beautiful!

Thank you very much :flowers:

pixitolong
June 16th, 2019, 04:51 AM
Wow, that is a beautiful length. It's longer than me, I'm 156cm tall. How long did this take may I ask?

Sarahlabyrinth
June 16th, 2019, 05:14 AM
Wow, that is a beautiful length. It's longer than me, I'm 156cm tall. How long did this take may I ask?

Thanks :) When I joined this forum in 2012 my hair was just below my shoulders.