PDA

View Full Version : Where to find hair-safe ornamental metal claw clips?

Entangled
April 21st, 2019, 09:00 PM
Today I wore my hair in a coronet braid (I think—is there a different name when you use two broads instead of one?), and it’s a super easy, simple style that’s comfortable, not boring, and gets compliments. The only thing is that it’s only easy and comfortable when I use claw clips. Here is the style.
https://i.imgur.com/eR1ApaE.jpg

I want to do this more often, but I only have the two clips and they don’t go with everything. The problem is, I don’t know where else to find such sturdy, snag-free clips. The ones I have are from Goody, I think, but I haven’t seen more around.

https://i.imgur.com/0SkWvh4.jpg

Sorry for the huge pictures.

I’ve looked a little but Etsy mostly pulls up this (https://www.etsy.com/shop/LindasAccessories?ref=s2-header-shopname&listing_id=575103892) shop; I can’t tell how sharp the edges are. As you can see from my picture, these are hefty little clips, but the payoff is smooth edges that never snag. Do you know where I can find similar clips?

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2019, 09:19 PM
I have found some on Amazon years in the past; perhaps do a search there...and check item reviews :hmm:

Years ago I had bought from this store (https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A1BGMA3NPE5AEN&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER) , was quite pleased, and still use them actually....but can't attest to their quality at present.

Entangled
April 21st, 2019, 09:26 PM
I have found some on Amazon years in the past; perhaps do a search there...and check item reviews :hmm:

Years ago I had bought from this store (https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A1BGMA3NPE5AEN&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER) , was quite pleased, and still use them actually....but can't attest to their quality at present.

Thank you! I will check them out.

As I was looking through the Etsy store, it’s the “tiny mini clips” that I just can’t seem to get a finger on, because not a single picture is clear enough for me to see if there’s an edge on the times or not.

Further scrolling through Amazon results gives me this product listing gem:

Features & details
TRENDY! Are you literally a shopaholic? Do you belong to teenagers that have flexible fashion style then sometimes you are confused in many choices and want to create your own style? Then you've found a fabulous hair hoop that can turn you into a truly fashionista!
QUALITY! hair accessories is a high quality product that satisfy all your needs. It is the price that goes with the quality. You just need to order and experience the greatness of this product.
CONVENIENCE! hair accessories helps users easy to come under the spotlight, honor the beauty of them-self. Along with the best quality, is the comfortableness while experiencing.
SUITABLE FOR EVERYBODY! Our products' style especially forward to the customers of all ages, easy to dress up in many situations.
BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE! No more thinking and counting on us, we can assure this product is the best not only for us but so many more people. There are so many people from all over the world are keeping faith in us. So, why not you? What makes you still confuse about that?

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2019, 09:31 PM
Sure :)

They were very pretty and sturdy; some were plain metal others were jeweled...I even got their small barrettes and haven't broken a single one of either yet.

Hopefully they are still reliable (reviews are helpful) because I would buy them again for sure!
They were nice and smooth, no rough tines or catching in the springs or barrette hinges....especially where my hair is so wispy.

Good luck :cheer:

Entangled
April 21st, 2019, 09:46 PM
Was it the Bella fashion jewelry shop?

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2019, 09:47 PM
Was it the Bella fashion jewelry shop?

Yes, the one I linked in my post :)
They were good about answering questions back then too....not sure about now.

ETA: I missed your quote

Further scrolling through Amazon results gives me this product listing gem:

Features & details
TRENDY! Are you literally a shopaholic? Do you belong to teenagers that have flexible fashion style then sometimes you are confused in many choices and want to create your own style? Then you've found a fabulous hair hoop that can turn you into a truly fashionista!
QUALITY! hair accessories is a high quality product that satisfy all your needs. It is the price that goes with the quality. You just need to order and experience the greatness of this product.
CONVENIENCE! hair accessories helps users easy to come under the spotlight, honor the beauty of them-self. Along with the best quality, is the comfortableness while experiencing.
SUITABLE FOR EVERYBODY! Our products' style especially forward to the customers of all ages, easy to dress up in many situations.
BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE! No more thinking and counting on us, we can assure this product is the best not only for us but so many more people. There are so many people from all over the world are keeping faith in us. So, why not you? What makes you still confuse about that?

They were very personable back in the day :)

Entangled
April 22nd, 2019, 07:09 AM
I think the search results started including other results beyond the seller, because the actual store doesn’t seem to say that.