PDA

View Full Version : Elastic Free Hair Bands / Ties!

Starya
April 21st, 2019, 08:47 PM
Long ago I used to use the regular hair ties that have rubber bands inside. I switched to metal free after a while, but I found something even better. I don't remember where I first encountered them. I found these elastic free, and seam free hair ties that I think are made of nylon. I'm not sure exactly what they are made of, but I think it's nylon. The material is really durable and stretchy. I haven't even broken even one of these since I bought them and I have really thick hair.

Anyway, so these are my absolute favorite, and I'm sure there are people on this board that don't even know about them at all. I love elastic free hairbands, they are a miracle.

I hope this doesn't sound like an ad, haha. Here is a video I did on them a couple years back i think. Turn your sound up, I tend to slur my speech. I'm working on that. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVaxhLreswA

Deborah
April 21st, 2019, 10:52 PM
Starya, those look like interesting hair ties. I think I'll check them out in a store. By the way, I didn't hear any slurred speech at all. You were perfectly easy to understand. Nice little video!

milosmomma
April 22nd, 2019, 12:04 AM
I don't have any like that right now but I have used them and they are pretty great. Thank you for reminding me about these, definitely on my hair list now :lol:

lapushka
April 22nd, 2019, 07:17 AM
Now I'm curious. I am gonna check your video out; hold on.

Oh I know these, they are called hosiery bands, I think. Not exactly "hosiery", but it is called that.

If they stretch out, you can just wash them and they stretch right back!
torrinpaige has a lot of these. ;)

Starya
April 22nd, 2019, 01:43 PM
Thanks! I’m pretty serious about my hair accessories. I have a whole big drawer I use for my hair accessories. I have around 80 different bandanas. I keep a box in the drawer with all my hair ties. I also have classic and cloth headbands, a million hair clips, some claws, and a few baseball caps. It’s a lot of fun.

milosmomma
April 23rd, 2019, 06:29 PM
Yes lapushka, I remember seeing a tutorial on how to cut these from old pantyhose so the name makes sense.
Starya, I am the same! So many toys and accessories it's hard to find a system to keep them all neat and organized :lol:

Starya
April 23rd, 2019, 11:53 PM
Yes lapushka, I remember seeing a tutorial on how to cut these from old pantyhose so the name makes sense.
Starya, I am the same! So many toys and accessories it's hard to find a system to keep them all neat and organized :lol:

The thing I like about them the most is that I’ve never broken any of them. They do stretch, but that usually isn’t a problem. I used to break hair ties all the time, so it’s been a nice change.

milosmomma
April 25th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Starya, I think we can get the stretched ones to shrink back to original size by soaking in hot water if I remember correctly