PDA

View Full Version : Neck hair or Werewolf?

oginiho
April 21st, 2019, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone, I just joined this site and I have something to ask.
I'm a 26yr male and growing my hair out, its pretty long now, but I have a neck hair problem. When i tie my hair up, they show a lot, see image for details.
Now.. do i cut them, or be patient and let them grow out and let them be part of my hair? I love tying my hair up...
But if i was to clean them off, i would have to clean them off for the rest of my life. My idea is to be patient and let them grow and join my hair bun.. not sure how long or if that is possible at all.
Please help! :(

https://imgur.com/TJV20Gr

GrowlingCupcake
April 21st, 2019, 05:15 PM
I would just try patience. Hair grows slowly, and those strands may grow even slower. Expect at least a year for it to catch up.

My neck hair still escapes my buns all the time so you may never be completely free of it.

lapushka
April 21st, 2019, 05:28 PM
I see your hair is still relatively short, may even have been shaved in that area not too long ago. So it will catch up if you grow it out with the rest of the hair. :flower:

Welcome to the forum.

ynne
April 21st, 2019, 05:29 PM
I would consider waiting a little longer so if you ever do any "cleaning" up, you will be able to identify where exactly is your hairline and where the permanently short hairs start! Because right now they are quite similar in length.
A low ponytail might help with some covering up. :)
But to provide a different perspective, unless you decide to go for a clean shave on face and everywhere else on visible body parts, it honestly won't stand out much and people probably won't notice, much less mind it. So it's only about what's most comfortable to you. c:

Ylva
April 21st, 2019, 05:33 PM
I've got a ton of neck fluff. That hair is just a lot more fragile than the rest, so it takes ages to gain any length. Some of mine have very short terminal length. Give them time! Also, welcome to the forum. :)

Also, I don't see any need for a cleanup either way.

1689r
April 21st, 2019, 06:01 PM
Welcome!

Here’s my question: Is your beard in the pic how you intend for it to be, or are you growing that out as well? You seem to have a pretty clean stubble look. If that’s your plan, I might recommend cleaning up the neck hairs. But if you’re growing the beard, then you should be fine growing out the neck hair.

-Fern
April 21st, 2019, 06:26 PM
Everyone is kind of unique, so it's hard to say if they will get as long as the hair on your head. My boyfriend trims his neckhair, but that's mostly to keep cool.

Cate36
April 21st, 2019, 09:54 PM
Hello everyone, I just joined this site and I have something to ask.
I'm a 26yr male and growing my hair out, its pretty long now, but I have a neck hair problem. When i tie my hair up, they show a lot, see image for details.
Now.. do i cut them, or be patient and let them grow out and let them be part of my hair? I love tying my hair up...
But if i was to clean them off, i would have to clean them off for the rest of my life. My idea is to be patient and let them grow and join my hair bun.. not sure how long or if that is possible at all.
Please help! :(

https://imgur.com/TJV20Gr

Leave them :) Agree with most of the comments on this thread. If after a few months you are unhappy with the look and it is an extension of male body hair rather than your natural hair line (which I suspect some of it is) you can look at methods of removal. I have dated a lot of v hairy men (body hair) and love it.. but it's really up to you. In short, the look is attractive.. not unattractive.. it just depends what you personally feel good about. On another note, from what I can see, your hair looks thick and really healthy..

cjk
April 21st, 2019, 09:56 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GsCzVVz_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

You're not alone!

Cate36
April 21st, 2019, 10:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/GsCzVVz_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

You're not alone!

it's a man thing.. enjoy it.. Your hair is looking great cjk :)

Tinyponies
April 22nd, 2019, 12:15 AM
Agree with all above! Also if you decide to give them a chance, keep them in mind when scrubbing in the shower, towel drying, any other ways you can think of to spare them from damage - this helped me a lot to grow mine into my hair.

oginiho
April 23rd, 2019, 02:55 AM
I made the silly mistake of cleaning the neck part up 6 months back :( little did i know.. it was part of my hair!
I guess patience is the key here!
Thank you so much for your reply, really appreciate it, I will let it grow :)

oginiho
April 23rd, 2019, 02:59 AM
Exactly! I trimmed it 6 months ago, believing that is what most men do... but it was a mistake. Currently, it is longer than the image i provided. But still has 1 year i would say. Thank you for the welcome! I really appreciate your help :)

oginiho
April 23rd, 2019, 03:05 AM
Yes!! My thoughts exactly. Family and friends insist it has to be a clean shaven, and that it looks like a jungle. (I slightly agree) But to wait before a shape up would be best if I was to go in with a trimmer. At the moment I decided to let it grow and see how fast/much it will grow. So let's see, I might do an update post in a year.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I'm very happy to see a community like this.

oginiho
April 23rd, 2019, 03:10 AM
Your hair is amazing Yiva! Great length and colour. Yes I agree time will show, and be gentle on the baby neck hairs :)
After so many people support not cutting it, I started to believe that it is part of my hair, and it has the right to stay.
Thank you for the welcome and taking time to answer!

oginiho
April 23rd, 2019, 03:12 AM
It is very nice to be here! Thank you :)
Yes.. that is as long as i leave it, but I am going to leave some stubble like you said and see if the neck jungle stands out as much.
Thanks for the reply!

oginiho
April 23rd, 2019, 03:16 AM
Exactly! And you know I thought of this... When i was a kid I would get teased for being hairier than other kids. Upon growing older I cherished it as a gift from my dad and I am proud. This is the same scenario in a way. I should rock it since it is part of my hair and it is part of me. Thank you for giving me confidence and the compliment :D , I really appreciate you taking the time to reply.

oginiho
April 23rd, 2019, 03:19 AM
I love the bun with the nail pin! Oh what I wouldnt give for a neck like yours :D
I will give it some time and see what their potential is, I guess in the meantime i will not have to wear a scarf to keep my neck warm :D
Thanks for the reply!