View Full Version : I caved with hair dye

frostedeyes
April 20th, 2019, 05:25 PM
just last month, I dyed my hair mocha brown and got bangs. I was really trying to go an entire year without hair dye, but I was really bored and felt like I needed a change. My natural black hair was starting to bore me a bit. My hair still feels great as no bleach was used and I use hair masques/leave ins all the time for locking in moisture.

How often do you dye your hair? (If at all?)

KlutzyChy1
April 20th, 2019, 06:11 PM
I went an entire year without dying my hair when I first started growing it out before I finally caved & redyed I again. I walked around with my hair two different colors & a very obvious demarcation line the entire time. It wasn't a good look. I'm a natural brunette but I just don't feel like myself without black hair. Now I only dye my roots & I try to put that off as long as I can, about every 3 or 4 months.

RavennaNight
April 20th, 2019, 08:57 PM
I’m blonde and dye my hair black with two step henna and indigo every month to month and a half. I’m tall so I might be able to get away with it longer than others. Ya gotta be real tall to see the top of my head. :lol: That said, back in 2015 I tried to grow out my blondes blonde hair, and left it be for 3 months. I couldn’t deal with the roots, or figuring out what my eyebrows were supposed to be. And it was a lot lighter than I thought. So I continued to dye it with herbs.

lapushka
April 21st, 2019, 04:43 AM
I don't dye my hair.

My mom is fully gray, though and not ready to go gray (early 70s), so she dyes it about 3 to 4 times a year, depending on whether she has time, needs to go somewhere special, etc. When the dye fades (it is a mid blonde that fades to a lighter color with time) it barely differs from her gray, so it is a nice "transition", which is why she doesn't dye as much. She is careful with dye!

Izzyivy
April 21st, 2019, 08:40 AM
I also went about a year without dying my hair black, I have natural brown hair. I managed to grow the brown out to my ears before I decided to dye it again. I feel better with black hair plus it goes with my outfits much better (I wear a lot of black!). I feel dying the hair darker colours has to better than bleaching it. I would like to try henna and indigo sometime.

Dark40
April 21st, 2019, 06:37 PM
I haven't dyed my hair in a year but I'm planning on dyeing it blonde not with bleach in May. Yeah, sometimes I like a little change or something different too. I don't think there isn't anything wrong with using hair dye. Just like you said, you use masques/leave-ins all of the time, and also deep condition a lot as well. Also, moisturize it will oils. I've been dyeing my hair for 27 years, and I haven't had any issues with breakage or damage. Because, I would also use masks/leave-ins, and deep treatments.

Afanen
April 21st, 2019, 07:44 PM
I use a black box dye (schwarzkopf in sapphire black) every other month and pravana blue in between. My ends and some of my bangs are bleached so the color washes out really fast for me and I need a semi permanent between the box dyes. So I dye every other month with permanent dye and every other with semiperm and don't have any noticeable damage from it.

Longlegs
April 21st, 2019, 08:58 PM
I'm actually reading this with dye in my hair, to kill time while it soaks in. It's a mix of all kinds of dyes that are left over , pink, purple, blue, just all mixed up. Using them all up because I'm a bit sick of the maintenance now. It was fun for a few years but I think I'll only dye a small portion of my hair purple from now on. A streak of some sort. I'm only lightening a bit of my hair at the front now, it's still in pretty good condition but I'm just 'over it' now.

And joining the salt and pepper group as well! So it's going to be a big change for me. That's the main reason my photo is not in true colour, just to show my length, not the colour.