PDA

View Full Version : Pixie: how to put my bangs up?

April 20th, 2019, 02:08 AM
Somebody. Help. Please. *laughs*

I'm having a growth spurt right now and my bangs are getting out of control. They look cute and don't get right into my eyes *yet* but I'd like to be able to control them somehow when they do, and even now, uh... My forehead is itchy. Heh. I'm looking for any ideas, both around the house and when out. I'm going to many conferences so I have to look good. But for around the house/bathing anything would work... I'm starting to have problems with washing my face, heh. I don't *think* I can twist or braid my bangs, or can I? I see bob people doing that, but my bangs won't do that, I'm not sure.

Begemot
April 20th, 2019, 03:05 AM
Maybe not everyone's favorite look but I like to use two small claw clips. I make a middle part and then put my bangs up with them. It looks kind of cute and sporty when I wear braids too. You could also secure your bangs with regular hair pins and wear a hairband or a scarf over them. Or get some cute pins and try this look https://hips.hearstapps.com/ell.h-cdn.co/assets/15/16/1429216431-bobby-pins.jpg

April 20th, 2019, 04:26 AM
Thanks for bunch of ideas. My problem is my 'bangs' are short and curly, I just tried to pin them, and, uh, I still have bangs, lol, it just made them slightly shorter because I somehow managed to pin longest strands. That's why I started this thread, I *theoretically* know what to do with bangs, the problem is *my* bangs don't give a ****. They're really out of control and completely not impressed with my attempts. I'm growing out a buzzcut, so I'm at some awkward stage.

Edit: And I'm not so sure if I *can* part them or not, they really live their own life and are very resistant to styling at this length. I could do stuff, spike them, etc, when they were shorter, but now no go. They just do what they want.

Begemot
April 20th, 2019, 08:20 AM
Hmm I guess you need to be patient and wait for them to grow a bit. Maybe try new products that could help to glue your bangs in place. Then it's a waiting game.

Aerya
April 20th, 2019, 09:16 AM
Twists, braids if they're long enough, using bobby pins or mini claw clips. If all else fails, get a cute headband! :)

Cg
April 20th, 2019, 09:30 AM
I used tiny, decorative claw clips.

Obsidian
April 20th, 2019, 10:05 AM
Headbands are your friend at this stage but they aren't always the prettiest. Maybe try some hair paste and try to style them up and away from your forehead.

enting
April 23rd, 2019, 10:59 AM
I do a tiny little rope braid right at my hairline going from one temple to the other to contain my wispies, that might work for you. I add in a bit more hair at every twist. I end it off with either a tiny claw clip or a tiny silicone elastic. Some gel helps it all stay, also.

Vacurlylady
April 24th, 2019, 12:21 PM
I just grew my hair out from a pixie starting in 10/17. As many have said, I twisted my unruly bang part and used small tiny claw clips. No fancy part or anything, I just learned to embrace my curls and wurls any which way they wanted to go. Sure got me through the rough stages...

Starya
April 24th, 2019, 12:31 PM
I use headbands. I have both traditional and cloth headbands. I also use hair clips. I use bandanas when i go to work because i work with food. I am also growing out a pixie. As you can see from my picture It's a major work in progress.