PDA

View Full Version : Best oil for fine hair?

Liz_H
April 19th, 2019, 07:45 PM
I think my ends could benefit from a bit of oil, and perhaps all of my hair on occasion. But I'm overwhelmed by all the choices. I have olive and canola oils on the house. Also some flax seed oil for curing cast iron pans.

H o n є y ❤
April 19th, 2019, 08:02 PM
Probably almond or grapeseed oil would be your best bet. But I also really like the oil mix from Melanin Haircare and Camille Rose Herbal Tea Oil.

daisyofdark0
April 20th, 2019, 02:18 AM
Castor oil :D

Nini
April 20th, 2019, 05:10 AM
Try what you have at hand first and see how it goes.

I don't use oils normally as I turn into a greaseball quick as that.

I'd definitely not start with castor oil on fine hair. To me it was much too heavy and waxy and it took a couple of washes to get it out.

TreesOfEternity
April 20th, 2019, 05:49 AM
For me the lighter oil I’ve found is jojoba oil. The more heavy ones (for me at least) are Castor, almond, grapeseed and coconut.

Liz_H
April 20th, 2019, 07:29 AM
Try what you have at hand first and see how it goes..

. I'll try the olive on the ends.

lapushka
April 20th, 2019, 11:29 AM
I vote grapeseed or sweet almond oil. Can't go wrong with sweet almond.

Dark40
April 20th, 2019, 11:49 AM
For me, I go for jajoba oil and flax seed oil.

Izzyivy
April 20th, 2019, 01:08 PM
I would recommend jojoba oil, almond or grapeseed oil as they are all very light and not overly greasy.

Ylva
April 20th, 2019, 02:04 PM
My hair seems to like every oil I throw at it except castor. Sweet almond is nice and light, but olive and argan oils make my hair very soft.

CampFireTiger
April 20th, 2019, 02:12 PM
I have very fine hair and agree grapeseed is light compared to a lot of other oils, but as I recently discovered coconut oil works well if I only use a few drops and distribute it well. Buy something cheap like coconut or almond oil and see what happens. I don't like jojoba oil because my ends don't stay as soft but lots of fine haired people do so :shrug:

Ylva
April 20th, 2019, 02:20 PM
Oh, and I've read that a lot of fineys seem to be fans of avocado oil. I haven't gotten the chance to test it myself yet, but I'd really like to.

milosmomma
April 20th, 2019, 03:34 PM
Meadowfoam seed oil is something new I've just recently heard about and tried. It is a pretty amazing oil, light and almost cone-like. Its supposedly semi-penetrating so it will both lock in moisture and actually put some moisture into your strands. I also like macadamia, avocado, hemp(the smell is amazing) at the top of my list but honestly theres not many oils my hair dislikes. Coconut is probably the only oil so far I've had a bad experience with. I would suggest trying them out and experimenting with using them in different point of your routine. Some work better for roo, some are great for sealing ends and some a best for heavy oilings(easier to rinse out) Just have fun playing around with them :)

sallytz
April 20th, 2019, 05:00 PM
No one's mentioned argan oil but that one works well for me, better than jojoba or coconut or olive oil, which all weigh down my hair.

Ylva
April 20th, 2019, 05:02 PM
No one's mentioned argan oil but that one works well for me, better than jojoba or coconut or olive oil, which all weigh down my hair.

I did on the previous page. ;) :D

DweamGoiL
April 20th, 2019, 06:53 PM
The only oil I use any more is Monoi and in the Winter time I can get away with using some Argan oil.