PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this? - Squeaky Hair

H o n є y ❤
April 18th, 2019, 09:59 PM
I may be thinking too deeply about this but I'm just curious to hear other's opinions.

Today I used an organic black tea rinse for the first time and after I rinsed it out, I began finger detangling. That's when I noticed that my strands were making a loud squeaking sound. This happened when I rubbed my fingers up and down my strands but the strands are smooth and sleek. They aren't rough and dry. I initially thought this may be a good thing but just read that squeaking could be the sign of a raised cuticle.

The tea was warm when I sprayed it in my hair so it's possible that it raised the cuticle. My hair also squeaks after shampooing but this squeaking sound is even louder than that. The last time I shampooed was last Friday. I would like to know if this is a sign that I should continue using the black tea or if I should stop to avoid damage in the end (raised cuticles).

H o n є y ❤
April 18th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Forgot to mention that I'm talking about hair that has already dried, not wet hair.

LadyCelestina
April 19th, 2019, 01:18 AM
I get that, but on wet hair after I do a black tea rinse. I don't know what it is, I'm guessing the PH + some coating from the tea... it also makes my hair feel really thick and voluminous.

Doreen
April 19th, 2019, 02:47 AM
If it wasn't any hotter than your regular shower water, I wouldn't worry about the temperature too much. Maybe you could incorporate it after detangling if you're worried it could cause snags? It seems that the pH of black tea (https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/is-tea-acidic#ph-of-tea) and pH of hair (https://www.livestrong.com/article/461672-how-to-restore-the-ph-of-your-scalp/) are roughly the same. If your hair feels better after using it, I don't see any reason to stop.

lapushka
April 19th, 2019, 05:00 AM
That is odd to say the least.

I would keep an eye on it. What shampoo did you use. Maybe try a rinse with CO-washing? Or, did you CO-wash (sorry, IDK).

Might also have been the cleanser you used?